Can exist 3d Holographic Soundstage like from Speakers reproduction????
Jul 25, 2022 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fotis1972

Head-Fier
Some day i visit a shop to buy some near field /bookshelf speakers. i listen Taga harmony platinum one , i close my eyes and saw the musicians in front of me (width, depth) in specific places each with their instruments. Amazing jaw-dropping sound performance. 3d holographic soundstage. of course i couldn't reproduce this in my house but still have AMAZING performance for their price 200 euro. The diifferent of course occur due to soundproofing, proffesional care of the room which i understand later its the most important think for a 3D holographic, wide soundstage, excellent imaging etc.

So the 1.000.000 question?
For a price range lets say 2.000 euro dap and headphone can we ever reproduce something near to this.?? i know it can not be exactly the same because its physics. Speakers vs headphones, but can we have something identical????

I can not wait for your answers!!!!

Thanks a lot

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 8
which mean???

It means "buy an AKG K1000."

That also implies getting the right amplifier for it.

and what is the lowest costing dap for pair and have almost identical image/feeling???

Any DAP hooked up to a sufficient amp for driving a K1000 will be holographic. Some DAPs/DACs/TTs can be more holographic, but the K1000 is so good at being holographic even an iPod will produce a very holographic sound vs practically anything else out there if that iPod is feeding the line out signal to an amplifier driving an AKG K1000.

You can have the fanciest DSP in the world and even the K701 will not sound as holographic as a K1000.

Jul 26, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #6 of 8
Mysphere 3.2 + DAP of choice

Check it out.

Jul 26, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #7 of 8
The only headphone I've heard that sounded like stereo loudspeakers, from a soundstage-stereo-image-presentation perspective was the Sony VIP-1000, which uses DSP to artifically create the stereo-field and an internal gyroscope to determine the 'position' of the speakers in front of you.
They are the only headphone I've used that consistently makes me take them off because I thought I left my speakers on by accident.

I think Sony still make similar headphones although now with 7.1 or 9.1 marketing attached.
I havn't heard those so I don't know how similar/different they are.

Jul 26, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back