Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 - Sunday 26 March 2017 -
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #92 of 154
For your info there will be a whiteboard for you to list any gear that you would like to sell. You could announce beforehand anything thing that you would like to sell.

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #93 of 154
Oh man, I'd love to go if it wasn't on a Sunday... all the way in Epping... and if I had decent equipment....  and I wasn't terrified of audiophiles....

1. Please pm your preferred day.
2.please advise if you have an alternative venue which we could hold the Can Con.
3. We welcome any members with even the slightest interest in appreciation of music. I also started with no gear of my own and thanks to hpz and wink that I came to appreciate finer things in life (in this case being an audiophile).
4.Please do not be terrified of being an audiophile. But then again be terrified as your wallet is going to suffer greatly although the return has been beyond all my expectations. Finer things do tend to cost a lot.

Cheers
Paul

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #95 of 154
3. We welcome any members with even the slightest interest in appreciation of music. I also started with no gear of my own and thanks to hpz and wink that I came to appreciate finer things in life (in this case being an audiophile).

My memories of the past Sydney Can Con is all about pkwak slowly converting to become the serious audiophile. I remember a few years ago you were saying the K702 (Q702?) was all you ever need.... 
devil_face.gif

Oh man, I'd love to go if it wasn't on a Sunday... all the way in Epping... and if I had decent equipment....  and I wasn't terrified of audiophiles....

Being audiophile means spending time listening to music. It's a bit different from collecting fancy watches or shoes, because you actually have to dedicate some time to sit down and listen to music for hours in order to appreciate the gear in a nice environment.

That's why these Can Con events are great.

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #96 of 154
  Hey People,

I would like to come.

I can bring

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog
Mr Speakers Alpha Prime
Schiit Gungnir (DS) DAC

If I can pry the jaws of my credit card open a bit I might be able to bring a Schiit Jotenheim - that's been on my present-to-myself list for way too long - and this seems like the perfect excuse - sharing and all that! :) Otherwise we can slip the Gungnir into the setup of whoever is interested.

What's the parking like at the venue?

cheers
Jon

great - i've always been curious re alpha dogs but ever heard them

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #97 of 154
  great - i've always been curious re alpha dogs but ever heard them

They're great ... then you can listen to the Primes. Oh Yeah. :)

Damn. No Jotenheim I'm afraid. No stock in Sydney OR at Schiit. I tried ...

Jon

I'll bring my Cambridge Audio 840E pre-amp which has a decent headphone stage so I can get setup - and it has two balanced and seven SE inputs ... yeah seven! Might be handy for some A/B comparisons. Or even A/B/C/D/E/F/G comparisons. lol

cheers
Jon

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #98 of 154
Mar 20, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #99 of 154
Oh wow, I didn't even know there were headphone meets happening in Sydney, it's not too late to sign up, is it?

Also another quick question, my gear is decidedly mid-fi and definitely not up to the level of what a lot of people are bringing, should I still bring some stuff anyway in case there's anybody interested? Especially since there'll be some equipment overlap with others, would it just actually make things more confusing because there are multiples of the same gear around?

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #101 of 154
  Oh wow, I didn't even know there were headphone meets happening in Sydney, it's not too late to sign up, is it?

Also another quick question, my gear is decidedly mid-fi and definitely not up to the level of what a lot of people are bringing, should I still bring some stuff anyway in case there's anybody interested? Especially since there'll be some equipment overlap with others, would it just actually make things more confusing because there are multiples of the same gear around?

No it's not too late to sign up. If you can tell us what you can bring over then I can add it to the list on the first page.

The whole idea of the meet is for people to try out all sorts of gear (cheap or expensive) and exchange ideas, so you are definitely welcome.

Yes you would have the risk of mixing up with other people's gear, so I usually put a small coloured tag (zip tie) on the stuff I'm bringing.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #102 of 154

No it's not too late to sign up. If you can tell us what you can bring over then I can add it to the list on the first page.

The whole idea of the meet is for people to try out all sorts of gear (cheap or expensive) and exchange ideas, so you are definitely welcome.

Yes you would have the risk of mixing up with other people's gear, so I usually put a small coloured tag (zip tie) on the stuff I'm bringing.

But NOTE: sandalaudio brings 60 headphones with him.

The others that might bring 1-3 have no real problem keeping track of them - it's not a massive gathering and members there do hand your headphones back if they've gone to another amp/desk just so things don't get too congested on a table (for example)

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #103 of 154

But NOTE: sandalaudio brings 60 headphones with him.

The others that might bring 1-3 have no real problem keeping track of them - it's not a massive gathering and members there do hand your headphones back if they've gone to another amp/desk just so things don't get too congested on a table (for example)

Okay, thanks guys for the info! First time actually participating in one of these events so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect.

As for what I can bring, here's the list:
Hifiman EF2C hybrid tube amp
FiiO X3ii DAP
FiiO K5 dock amp
HD650
ATH-MSR7
Shure SE425

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #104 of 154
I'll also be bringing twi cables from norne audio - both single ended for hd800 : the silvergarde s and the arcane

And probably the focal spirit pro headphones

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #105 of 154

Okay, thanks guys for the info! First time actually participating in one of these events so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect.

As for what I can bring, here's the list:
Hifiman EF2C hybrid tube amp
FiiO X3ii DAP
FiiO K5 dock amp
HD650
ATH-MSR7
Shure SE425

Thanks for the info. I've never heard the EF2C before, so I'm curious to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back