Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 - Sunday 26 March 2017 -
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #33 of 154
I can bring another tube amp which I have just acquired. La Figaro 339. If someone could give me a hand getting my gear from the car park to the hall. This amp is heavy.

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #34 of 154
I can bring another tube amp which I have just acquired. La Figaro 339. If someone could give me a hand getting my gear from the car park to the hall. This amp is heavy.
That's great. Curious to hear that one

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #36 of 154
Likewise I want a closer scrutiny of your setup. Here's a pic of the LF339.

And some comparisons
http://www.headfonia.com/lafigaro-339-my-fav-otl-amp/

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #37 of 154
I have only had this amp for a couple of days. Bought it from someone who has given up head-fi for $500 aussie. Great sound for the price. :)

I particularly like these tubes in it. Siemens EF80 and Bendix 6080wb.

Amp's really powerful. My volume is only at 8pm driving T1 and HD650.

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #38 of 154
It would be great if you can come along.

The aim isn't about who has the most expensive gear. It's just a good opportunity to meet and try out some interesting gear in a nice quiet environment.

Roger that! :D

Shall I bring a laptop with audio related apps installed for a source? Have a MacBook I could bring. Have ableton live (music production software), any other suggestions for apps to install?

Edit: is the meet being advertised anywhere else, like the Reddit /r/headphones sub?

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #39 of 154
I have only had this amp for a couple of days. Bought it from someone who has given up head-fi for $500 aussie. Great sound for the price. :)

I particularly like these tubes in it. Siemens EF80 and Bendix 6080wb.

Amp's really powerful. My volume is only at 8pm driving T1 and HD650.

If the bendix wb tubes are the ones with the slots in the plates they are quite hatd to come by and have good bit of weight to the sound. And are quite heavy themselves.

Looks like they are the slotted ones

I havent heard the unslotted ones

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #40 of 154
Roger that! :D

Shall I bring a laptop with audio related apps installed for a source? Have a MacBook I could bring. Have ableton live (music production software), any other suggestions for apps to install?

Edit: is the meet being advertised anywhere else, like the Reddit /r/headphones sub?

Hi~
Yes it is recommended that you bring a laptop or a cd player for the source.

Also I have also advertised the meet on the stereo.net.au.

However I was unaware of the websites you have mentioned and if you think it worthwhile could you please place a notice for their memebers of our meet?

Cheers,
Paul

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #41 of 154
Hi guys, I'm new to the scene.. I'm interested in coming, have the following:

LCD3, Chord Hugo TT, Shure e846, Opus #1 dap, Teac UD-501

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #42 of 154
Hi guys, I'm new to the scene.. I'm interested in coming, have the following:

LCD3, Chord Hugo TT, Shure e846, Opus #1 dap, Teac UD-501

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk
I just came out of minidisc after listening to the lcd3 and chord hugo Tt (with my wa2)

Im sure that gear and yourself will be most welcome

Edit: a great chance for people to listen to a premium dac

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #43 of 154
I too am highly supportive of TnTMaN bringing that stash along as well! Would love to hear both the LCD-3 and Hugo. 

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #45 of 154
It's been a while since I've been on here. I'm a maybe for now and I might have a +1. It's been a couple years since I went to Can Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back