Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015)
Mar 31, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #47 of 249
Hey everyone, sefu from minidisk will be joining us again~
Wing can bring any if the follow at your request. But let's only request gears that are not on the list closer to the date.

http://www.minidisc.com.au/available_for_demo.php

Cheers.

Wing is my Hero!!!

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #49 of 249
Wing can bring any if the follow at your request. But let's only request gears that are not on the list closer to the date.

Cheers.

Fantastic. It's great to have a local shop with so much stuff.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #50 of 249

Cheers.

Awesome, lots of stuff there interested to hear, but TBH not really serious to buy any new headphones.

The Oppo PM2 headphones were really good last time, would be interesting to compare to HifiMan HE-560.  EarSonics Velvet and Sennheiser IE800 I would be interested to hear.

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #51 of 249
Hi

Put me down as a newbie /first time attendant.

As well as generally seeing what's out there and attending to listen to equipment and more experienced heads than myself I'm looking forward to particularly learn and listen to amps and dacs. As it would make sense to bring my headphones (hd800s) along to listen to equipment what's the right/social/accepted thing to do?

Remember I'm new at this so respond gently. Do most/all people stay most of the day and hand gear around? Am I a pig if I can only make it for a couple of hours? I Am happy with offering someone my headphones to listen to if they'd like but should I be prepared to not be using them for a majority of the time I'm there?

I assume it all works itself out but how does this usually all work out?

I guess I'm asking as I'm expecting (don't hold me to this) to not spend time listening to other headphones as I'll be more on a dac/amp mission than a headphone play. But I dont want to be that tw*t who keeps his headphones to himself

Thanks - from a 45 year old can com virgin.

Peter t

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #52 of 249
Hi thecrow,

Firstly welcome aboard!  There is absolutely zero obligations to what you can/cannot do, besides the general rules.  If you are interested in testing new amp and dac combos with your HD800s, then yes, it will be helpful if you bring your own so that you can test indefinitely.

You can arrive and leave pretty much anytime in the allocated time space that we have put up.  But trust me, a few hours usually flies by really quick at these kind of meets.

The basic setup is that each member will bring their gear and set it up on a table. From there, members usually head off to other tables to borrow/test gear (with the permission of the respectful owner of course). Everything is pretty relaxed and things just work themselves out. Most of the time headphones can get lost in all the chaos, so it is probably a good idea to attach a sting/cable tie or something that will identify your particular pair. (There looks to be several HD800s at this meet)

If you do have any questions on the day, pkwak and I are always available to help out and I'm sure any of the veteran members will gladly help as well.

Apr 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #53 of 249
Hi, my name is David Wang

I would like to come along and try some of the equipment. I sold all my Hi-Fi equipments a few years back, but looking to get a custom IEM. Just wondering if anyone know how to output hifi audio via iPhone 6 (and possibly iTunes Match, which is quite restrictive in terms of audio quality)

Thanks.

Apr 5, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #55 of 249

I would like to come along and try some of the equipment. I sold all my Hi-Fi equipments a few years back, but looking to get a custom IEM. Just wondering if anyone know how to output hifi audio via iPhone 6 (and possibly iTunes Match, which is quite restrictive in terms of audio quality)

Thanks.

This doesn't directly answer your question but in case it helps you can use this below to get a digital signal out of an iPad (later versions) and iPad mini if you then use a usb cable to connect it to a self powered dac (ie a dac you plug into the wall).
http://store.apple.com/au/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=3a

This does not work on an iphone and I'm not aware of any way to get a digital signal out of the phone.

Ta
Peter

EDIT: I just realised you were looking at IEMs so just ignore my reply. Read on, there's nothing to see here everyone.

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #56 of 249

Thanks.

I'd say get a iOS compatible portable DAC/amp to go along with your CIEM purchase.

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #57 of 249

Cheers.

If they could bring the Momentum 2.0 Wireless that would be awesome!

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #59 of 249
  Can do :)

If no one else brings one, I'd love to demo the Cayin N6 and compare it to my AK100ii 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back