Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet!
Apr 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #168 of 343

a_recording: I'm not from Sydney, but if you are planning on finalising sales on the day, that'd potentially work out for me. :)

Definitely there is some stuff that I suspect won't get sold before the meet. I'd be happy to finalise stuff at the meet. I think the UE6000 in particular deserves a better home :frowning2:

Regarding making a video, I'm assuming we only want registered Head Fi members attending? I've always been confused on this point.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #169 of 343

Regarding making a video, I'm assuming we only want registered Head Fi members attending? I've always been confused on this point.

I guess so :S
I'm pretty sure that most people subed to your channel are audio lovers, and I'm sure that some of them must be Head-fi members? I think?

On another note, are you giong to give people the chance to do ABX testing like the UNSW meet? Kinda curious to see how other people do. I watched the ABX testing Part 2 with 2 parts where someone accused you of not being an audiophile since you use .mp3 file formats and thought that it was a great video.

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #170 of 343

Definitely there is some stuff that I suspect won't get sold before the meet. I'd be happy to finalise stuff at the meet. I think the UE6000 in particular deserves a better home :frowning2:

Does this mean my friend, Brad, will have to join up? He's pretty much just a hanger-on of me in this circumstance, but I think he'd love it. Just not sure how he'd feel about having to register here as far as jumping through hoops goes if he's not super keen. You'll have my details and I certainly vouch for him/take on any liability.

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #171 of 343

Does this mean my friend, Brad, will have to join up? He's pretty much just a hanger-on of me in this circumstance, but I think he'd love it. Just not sure how he'd feel about having to register here as far as jumping through hoops goes if he's not super keen. You'll have my details and I certainly vouch for him/take on any liability.

I don't think that he will, I can just add a +1 to your name. I think it's more than "random strangers" (I'm using that term very loosely here) will end up coming to the meet. I think it's about the security of the gear. 
Also, a Head-Fi account takes only a minute to make, and it doens't negatively impact you in anyway, why not do it? :)

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #172 of 343
  I guess so :S
I'm pretty sure that most people subed to your channel are audio lovers, and I'm sure that some of them must be Head-fi members? I think?

On another note, are you giong to give people the chance to do ABX testing like the UNSW meet? Kinda curious to see how other people do. I watched the ABX testing Part 2 with 2 parts where someone accused you of not being an audiophile since you use .mp3 file formats and thought that it was a great video.

I dunno, you would be surprised at how many enthusiasts I meet who are not on Head Fi. It does have a certain reputation :wink:

Everyone has a chance to do ABX testing by themselves haha. Don't really see the point of doing it again unless we had even more controlled conditions. (ie: not a noisy meet)

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #173 of 343

I dunno, you would be surprised at how many enthusiasts I meet who are not on Head Fi. It does have a certain reputation :wink:

Yea Head Fi does have a certain rep :/ 
Everyone is different, and everyone has their opinions, I gues we'll leave it at that.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #174 of 343
  I don't think that he will, I can just add a +1 to your name. I think it's more than "random strangers" (I'm using that term very loosely here) will end up coming to the meet. I think it's about the security of the gear. 
Also, a Head-Fi account takes only a minute to make, and it doens't negatively impact you in anyway, why not do it? :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so unwilling. I'm just one of those people who hate signing up for something until I'm sure I'm willing to make the commitment required to use the service due to the memory obligation of remembering a password.. that sort of thing. Basically, I hate signing up for things.. so even more hate prompting other people to do it if they may not be thusly inclined.

Anyway! Thanks for clearing it all up. :) I'll confirm this weekend if he's coming.

Also, a_recording - good points RE not signing up.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #177 of 343
I play earphones, ue900 and tf 15 with cables broken and replaced with silver cables, but ue900's shell is broken, if someone has glue could fix it, it could be used, and tf15, I just bought a famous cable from Hong Kong, but according to my tastes, this cable really sucks, lol. And one chinese company's earphone dn1000. But I will take it out if anyone wants to try.I attended cancon in 2012 and really likes it, the photo of the《meet impression 》with ed10 on the head is me. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #180 of 343
  Should be able to come!
This is going to be my first ever audio meet LOL

Mine too.. or my first hobbyist meet of any kind. It's pretty overwhelming/exciting. 

Also syNRG - I may have another. I'll also confirm. Newcastle, represent! I don't know if he'll be bringing anything, but simply wants to share the experience.. and have exposure, if that's ok. :) I've sent him the details and all. 
If you require the confirmation in order to make numbers, I'll cover them if they are no-shows for organisational purposes, anyway. 
Sorry about the extended hassle. I've been confirming stuff for my next couple of weekends :)

Thanks so much for everything you've done (and everyrone else too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back