Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet!
Apr 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #121 of 343
Super interested in coming to this event. I'm only starting out and just got my Takstar Pro 80 I can bring.
One big "but" though. My wife is heavily pregnant and if she pops before the date, I won't be coming. But I've got my fingers crossed!

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #122 of 343
Yep received my Just Audio AHA120's today! It will be coming along!!  I had it delivered here at work. People are already walking past me and staring at me funny. I have a constant smile on my face...bwahahahaha! These make my DT770 PRO 250 sound so open and spacious with clarity and quality bass to boot. Jack Johnson Live album never sounded so good!

Apr 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #124 of 343
I'm not entirely sure what I should bring in terms of source.. how does all this work? Is everyone bringing their laptop/CD player/turntable/phone and setting up their equipment with that or? 
Trying to decide if I should take train (smart, economical, cumbersome) or drive down from Newcastle (less economical, convenient). Not sure if I will be able to stay the entire time either, but hopefully!

Apr 10, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #125 of 343
Laptops most of the time.

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #126 of 343
@ audionewbi I got from someone in gumtree 2nd hand. Serial B220 engraved on back plate but in the carton box there was a handwritten "AHA -120 No: 3220". Im thinking these are the series 2.

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #128 of 343
  I'm not entirely sure what I should bring in terms of source.. how does all this work? Is everyone bringing their laptop/CD player/turntable/phone and setting up their equipment with that or? 
Trying to decide if I should take train (smart, economical, cumbersome) or drive down from Newcastle (less economical, convenient). Not sure if I will be able to stay the entire time either, but hopefully!

Usually a laptop or a good quality DAP. I don't think you should bring a turntable on a train.

If you have a DAC/amp then you should bring some source like a laptop, or pre-arrange with someone who will bring a source.
In the last meeting, pretty much everyone with a significant setup brought their own laptop/DAP with them.

If you want to casually come along with a couple of headphones then you can just ask and plug into other peoples setup. Some people prefer to wander around and try other people's gear. Some people prefer to have their own full setup as a demonstrator.

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #129 of 343
@ audionewbi I'm a sucker for bargains. I watch gumtree like a hawk!! Sometimes audio stuff are cheaper on gumtree cause some people who sell don't know the real value of what they're selling...lol!

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #130 of 343
wow, this thing is getting bigger and bigger! well done guys! i can't to try the different cans! I have a brand new hd650 that i bought and forgot a few years back. PM me if you like to pick it up cheap.

:D

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #131 of 343
If I have not added you to the list, please tell me. 
I think that I've added everyone, but I might've missed some people, and that also applies for gear.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #132 of 343
Put me down as interested, but I don't have much I can bring.

Just a Sony CD900ST and an ELE DAC.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #133 of 343
This is probably a long shot, but is anyone a statistics wizard? I'm in a bit of a pickle and feeling the pressure of an upcomng test.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #135 of 343
  Not a wizard but did do some stat courses what is the problem?

Going to send you a PM in a second so we don't turn this thread into a math forum :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back