Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)!
Nov 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #151 of 307
Looking to sell a couple of USB cables.  Will bring them to the meet:

Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB 1.0M

Cabledyne Reference USB 0.75M

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #153 of 307
Man... I feel like a peasant only bringing one pair of headphones and just a DAC/AMP combo when everyone else is bringing out all of their big guns. :p

I'd bring my Denon D2000's but the left channel is dead so there's not much point. I have to get them fixed at some stage.

Nov 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #155 of 307
  Man... I feel like a peasant only bringing one pair of headphones and just a DAC/AMP combo when everyone else is bringing out all of their big guns. :p

I'd bring my Denon D2000's but the left channel is dead so there's not much point. I have to get them fixed at some stage.

The entire purpose of the meeting it first to built a strong community and than enjoy the gears, dont be too worried about what you are brining or not, that is the entire purpose of the community is to try each others gear and see what you might like.

Where we live sadly there is no retail store where we can try different things and decide what we like, meets like this well assist us greatly. 

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #156 of 307

The entire purpose of the meeting it first to built a strong community and than enjoy the gears, dont be too worried about what you are brining or not, that is the entire purpose of the community is to try each others gear and see what you might like.

Where we live sadly there is no retail store where we can try different things and decide what we like, meets like this well assist us greatly. 

Not everyone has a wallet the size of Jupiter, so don't worry. Look forward to testing out a lot of good stuff. 

Even if you brought nothing, it doesn't really matter. Enjoy talking to other members about your experiences and what you're looking forward to.

Edit: apologies for my absence; I've been swamped lately. Should be more active in terms of updating in the days to come.
Be sure to explicitly say if you will/won't/might be attending as some posts have been pretty vague. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #157 of 307

+1
though imo you need to have your own source (at least, your own music) to appreciate the gears

@syNRG
mind adding me to the attending list? I'd definitely come on 30th

If all goes well I should be having another batch of spinfit tips coming before the meet, PM me if interested

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #158 of 307
@syNRG
mind adding me to the attending list? I'd definitely come on 30th

If all goes well I should be having another batch of spinfit tips coming before the meet, PM me if interested

Done :)

Appears that this meet is finally going to pick up some steam. I was getting a little worried that we wouldn't get the numbers or too much gear.
Just under two weeks until the meet. Hopefully we can get some more numbers before then.

Finally some additions that people have been wanting for a while, an Audeze headphone. I think that the last headphone that is on my list to try is probably the STAX SR-009, but I'm not sure if any Sydney members own a set.

Also I have a pair of Monster Trumpets. They look pretty nice and sound decent but I don't think I'll being them unless anyone is interested. 
Also is anyone interested in trying the Etymotic ER-4? If not then I might just leave them at home. 

Nov 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #160 of 307
Checking in, I will be there
biggrin.gif

Gear: Calyx FEMTO, HeadAmp GS-X mk2, TH900, HD650

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #161 of 307
If I was making a balanced cable to try out my MDR-Z7 on some balanced amp, what cable should I make?
I just made a 4-pin XLR suitable for an Oppo HA-1, but is there any other types that might be worthwhile?

Also, I just got the new MDR-1A that replaces MDR-1R, so I am burning it in thoroughly until the meet.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #162 of 307
I think 4 pin is now the new standard theses days, my amp can use both 3pin dual and 4pin but by choice 4pin is what I will use, although some of the 3pin connectors like the Furutech Rhodium-plated Conductor are very sexy......

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #164 of 307
  Checking in, I will be there
biggrin.gif

Gear: Calyx FEMTO, HeadAmp GS-X mk2, TH900, HD650

4 pin XLR is fine for my amp also.

I am pretty keen on the Valab XLR's if you want to go high end.  The quality seems good to me and the price is a fraction of Furutech.  never had a chance to compare the quality of the carbon fibre though 
biggrin.gif

We can have a look at the connectors on the cable Toxic Cables made for me, HD800 connectors are Furutech CF, the XLR's are Valab.  I think brushed stainless would be better but only high end connector I can think of with that are the Oyaide, but they are kind of different look altogether.  It would be nice if they made a plainer brushed SS XLR connector similar to the new Furutech TRS, mini XLR, HD800 etc…  I guess there's the Furutech FP601 XLR but they are also $$$ and have gold screws.  I guess the Furutech FP701 XLR look OK also.  Can't win.
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #165 of 307
  Yesterday I made a 4-pin balanced cable for my DT150 out of Cat5 UTP to plug into PB2:

Also today I have ordered a Techflex sleeve for it and some heatshrinks to protect and make it look better.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, I only see 3 pins on the headphone jack end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back