Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)!
Nov 11, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #136 of 307

I agree - don't let bringing things be an issue. :) It's great to have a well-tested ear around., or just any enthusiasts to enjoy the rarity of a meet-up.
Not to speak for everyone.. but I'm all for it. :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #137 of 307
Looking back on the thread, looks like I forgot to mention the gear I'm bringing. It will be mostly the same as the last meet. I'll be bringing:

Resonessence Labs Invicta Dac

HD650 balanced

HD800 balanced

For the DAC, make sure you guys bring a standard SD cards so you can listen to your own music! or if you have a phone you can use an OTG cable to connect to the usb port.

@Sefu I will be bringing my HD800s, could you please bring the k812 so we could compare :D

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #138 of 307
Looking back on the thread, looks like I forgot to mention the gear I'm bringing. It will be mostly the same as the last meet. I'll be bringing:

Resonessence Labs Invicta Dac

HD650 balanced

HD800 balanced

For the DAC, make sure you guys bring a standard SD cards so you can listen to your own music! or if you have a phone you can use an OTG cable to connect to the usb port.

@Sefu
 I will be bringing my HD800s, could you please bring the k812 so we could compare :D

Done! K812 instead of hd800

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #142 of 307
my bad, I forgot IE800 use proprietary tips

expect a visit sometime this/next week
beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #144 of 307
I have kept quiet on what I will bring, it really depends on whether my friend can bring me on that day but even he can't I promise I will not disappoint, in short I am going to bring a few product that I am certain it will please few of you. 

If all goes well I will bring an early engineering sample of a new IEM. 

I'll do my best to stay as long as I can but I might not be able to stay they entire day. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #147 of 307
By the way, for those interested in trying the MDR Z7, I came across a Sony booth at Parramatta westfield the other day, and was really surprised that they had the Z7 there, plugged to a new walkman hi-rez player ready to demo. I gave it a short listen and really liked what I heard, but the music they had was very different to the music I'm listening to. I'll get back there soon with my dx90 for another demo.

I was really surprised by how light they are. For those who own it - do you use it as a portable? if so, what's the isolation like?

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #149 of 307
Done! K812 instead of hd800

Great to have K812 at the meet. It's one model I always considered buying but never had a proper chance to audition it.
The distributor also told me to avoid the initial batch because of high defect rate (one channel dying), but apparently the new batches are OK.

I also forgot to mention the gears I will be bringing, aside from the usual old collection headphone tree, some new ones are
ATH-AD2000X, MDR-Z7, HD8DJ, P5 Series 2, HPH-MT220, iFi iDSD Micro, maybe some others I've forgotten.
I should also have the MDR-EX1000 but I'm looking for some silicone earpieces instead of the Comply's.
MDR-Z7 is amazing and worth a listen. Probably the biggest surprise for me was the P5 Series 2, considering how lousy the initial model sounded.

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #150 of 307
I'm in!

I'll bring:

Audeze LCD-XC headphone

Cypher Labs Theorem 720 portable DAC/AMP

and interest checking for:

Sennheiser HD600

Centrance Audiophile Desktop ( Including DACmini PX and speakers )

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back