Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)!
Nov 6, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #123 of 307
Apologies for the poor maintenance of the thread, I've been extremely busy lately especially as the semester comes to a close. 
If I have missed you (for attendance/maybe), please post again saying whether or not you will/might attend and also do the same for gear.

Hopefully I'll be able to update this more regularly, but it may not be that frequent until after the 19th.

See all those who are attending on the 30th, it's going to be a great day :)

P.S. There is a cost of $20 similar to past Can Cons, which includes venue hire, tea and lunch :)

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #126 of 307
Hi Guys,

I'd be interested to attend as well - though I am a new to the site, so too am I new to being 'addicted to audio' - so my journey begins here, in search for the fitting equipment... I have bought a pair of AKG Q701s (they're on the way from the States) but have nothing else in terms of equipment to offer to the meet (newbie alert).

I am interested in the [Shure SE846 vs AKG K3003i], and [V Moda Vamp Verza vs Astell & Kern AK120 gen.II] and or [WooAudio Fireflies WA7d with or without WA7tp] vs [Schiit Audio mini stack] and [AKG K712] vs [AKG K812]. It would be awesome to be able to see any of these equipment and test them in order to make a decision on what is right for me to purchase (wallet busting alert).

Anyway, Hope to see and meet the audio community and learn more as well - cheers,
Les^_^

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #127 of 307
Just burning in the new MDR-Z7.
It sounds better than I anticipated. I will bring it around to the meet so that I get opinions from you experts.
I might make up a 4 pin XLR balanced cable to try it out on some of the balanced amps.

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #128 of 307
  Just burning in the new MDR-Z7.
It sounds better than I anticipated. I will bring it around to the meet so that I get opinions from you experts.
I might make up a 4 pin XLR balanced cable to try it out on some of the balanced amps.

I can't say that I expect too much from Sony headphones anymore :frowning2:
What are your impressions so far? Pretty interested in what a new Sony high end is going to be like.

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #129 of 307
  I can't say that I expect too much from Sony headphones anymore :frowning2:
What are your impressions so far? Pretty interested in what a new Sony high end is going to be like.

Give it a listen at the meet and see what you think.

Sony's flagships in the past tended to be quite obscure $1,000+ models, like the Qualia 010, MDR-R10, MDR-SA5000, etc., but this MDR-Z7 is aiming for the sweet spot $500+ market, so it's up for a tough competition.

Z7 has a really good low-midrange imaging and resolution. It's much more gentle sounding than say an HD800. It feels very special because there is a good amount of bass but the detail is not overwhelmed.
It reminds me of T1 with a bit more bass and less forward treble, or HD650 with far more transparency. I wish if Z7 had a bit more sparkle in the treble like AKG. It's definitely good value for money compared to the rivals and they've done a lot of homework. 

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #130 of 307

I'm very keen to try the MDR-Z7 and the TH900, personally.

I'll be bringing:

Audio Technica ATH-A900x
JVC HP-DX700
Grado PS500
Fiio E07K

I can bring if required:
Sennheiser Amperior
Beyerdynamic DT1350
ATH-ESW9
AKG K550
Sony MDR-1R

I have a particular interest in listening to a variety of IEMs at this point to get a better understanding of what is on offer.

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #131 of 307
Possibly stupid question: can I come even if I don't have any gear? I only have HD201's and Xiaomi pistons at the moment, so nobody will be interested in those I imagine. I would like to take the opportunity to audition my first hi/summit fi cans in this meet.

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #132 of 307

Absolutely!

It's the best way to get an idea of items you may like, get some advice from more experienced enthusiasts and just generally hang out.
My first meet was CanCon 4 and I was also trepidatious, but the people could not have been more welcoming - especially our delightful organizers. :)

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #133 of 307
Would really like to come, but can only do one a year as I need hired help with my gear moving it to and from
frown.gif

Good to see Wing, from Minidisc will be at this meet he's top guy, I was just in the store the other day buying my HD650s,

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #134 of 307
  Would really like to come, but can only do one a year as I need hired help with my gear moving it to and from
frown.gif

Good to see Wing, from Minidisc will be at this meet he's top guy, I was just in the store the other day buying my HD650s,

IF transportation of your gear is the ONLY issue then you could join us without bringing any gear. We would still love to hear your feedback and opinions in comparison to HeadAmp Gs-X mk 2 (drool~) + TH-900 against other gears on the day. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #135 of 307

IF transportation of your gear is the ONLY issue then you could join us without bringing any gear. We would still love to hear your feedback and opinions in comparison to HeadAmp Gs-X mk 2 (drool~) + TH-900 against other gears on the day. 
wink_face.gif

Sure sounds good if I can't bring my gear, but I may bring my gear if I can get one of my helpers to come. I will let you know soonish
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back