Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney mini-meet - impressions!
Aug 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #16 of 29
How do the silver cables improve the sound?
redface.gif

In theory, you should get a faster signal transfer and less coloured sound. In reality, it doesn't. xD

I also am not a big "believer" in significant sound difference between cables. However I can't really comment on this because I never actually listened to the headphones with the stock cable (which is also silver). I bought the headphones 2nd hand and the previous owner re-terminated the stock cable with a balanced connector. Because I don't have a balanced system I bought 2 different (aftermarket) cables from someone else.

Both of those cables sound very good, however I do get a bit of microphonics with them, which is why I ordered a much more robust, well-isolated cable (from Norne Audio). So once that cable gets here I'll really have too many cables, so one of the silver cables can go to a new home...

Aug 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #18 of 29

+1 LOL

made two ICs with different wire on the weekend (canare & solid silver) and I can't hear any audible difference from both

They look awesome! Where'd you get the solid silver wire from?

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #20 of 29
  ebay

The left one is the bare silver wire from the can con with some tubing & braided, right IC is stripped canare

Ohhh, that's the bare wire you were showing me. What did you use for the sleeving?

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #21 of 29
I use tubing from redco but this works

http://stores.ebay.com/ATOPELEC/PTFE-Teflon-Tubing-/_i.html?_fsub=534879219&_sid=954866929&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

That shop has heat shrink and sleeving so might as well buy some

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #22 of 29
  I use tubing from redco but this works

http://stores.ebay.com/ATOPELEC/PTFE-Teflon-Tubing-/_i.html?_fsub=534879219&_sid=954866929&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

That shop has heat shrink and sleeving so might as well buy some

Looks like a good shop. Thanks!

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #23 of 29
I just bought something that I'm sure some of you would be interested to try!

the one and only...

Jecklin Float! 
jecklinsmile.gif

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #25 of 29
  I just bought something that I'm sure some of you would be interested to try!

the one and only...

Jecklin Float! 
jecklinsmile.gif

That is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.... I like it! >.<

Can Con 4.75?

If what you mean is this thing I'll pretend I don't see the price tag

been busy with this serious PITA during the week (see pic 2)

Love the sticky tape job! :p

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #26 of 29
Hahaha not at all...

I mean the opposite side of the scale. I bought a beat-up old Model 1 dynamic drivers...  they are shipped from overseas so will take a couple of weeks until I actually have them.

The price was right and the novelty element cannot be denied.

I have been thinking of possibly installing drivers from a much better headphones... would that be doable do you think? maybe even a Jecklin-650... 
duggehsmile.png

Nice work on that cable btw!

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #27 of 29
  Hahaha not at all...

I mean the opposite side of the scale. I bought a beat-up old Model 1 dynamic drivers...  they are shipped from overseas so will take a couple of weeks until I actually have them.

The price was right and the novelty element cannot be denied.

I have been thinking of possibly installing drivers from a much better headphones... would that be doable do you think? maybe even a Jecklin-650... 
duggehsmile.png

Nice work on that cable btw!

That is, of course, completely possible. 

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #29 of 29
The shells are tad longer by a few mm and I can't cut it off since it's metal

The worst thing? The plug doesn't have holes for the grounds and the wire broke right after I cut the excess ones.

Can we pass those jecklin as a bike helmet?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back