Can con 3 (Sydney,Australia meet) - Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping.
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #122 of 239
Ummm..I'm sorry but I'm not really up on the shorthand - I'm nearly 50 years old...

Cameron Keating reps AMR + soon to be released IMR off shoot iDac etc.

I'll email him - but he is probably skiing in Colorado or something..

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #124 of 239
Update on my gears:
I sold my HD600 and instead getting the of HE500, I got a pair of Beyer T1.
So the gears I will bring: Stello D100s + modded Little Dot MK 6 + Balanced T1. 

I may also bring along a DIY PCM1794 DAC + DIY EMP/Mogan Jones + AT W1000x, depending on if AT is attending.

I also have a pair of K701  (recabled with canare starquad) and some opamps for sale, if anyone is interested. 

See u guys there

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #125 of 239
Damn didn't realise the event is getting so close, time has really flown.  I can probably hang onto both my DAC's for the even, maybe might put one for sale as I don't intend to own 2 DAC's forever.  Still waiting for the NFB 7.32 Sabre DAC to ship but I'm pretty hopeful it will turn up by the event.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #127 of 239
Quick update regarding the vendors:

The following are y|maybe:
Audio Technica Australia (TAG) - yep, will confirm details (what demos to bring, etc) with Paul on Mon.
MaxMedia - maybe - Will get back to us on the 7/8th
Rhapsodio - sent a sample - Hybrid IEM + amp, will hopefully arrive in time :\
Qusp - Jeremy the cable guy - reconfirming just in case
Yamaha Australia (Headphones section) - maybe - will get back on the 7th.

Nope - busy with CES,etc:
AddictedToAudio
noisymotel
Acustoms/UMAus
Tralucent

No reply: (you can email or call them again yourself if you really want to see them there :D )
Jaben
KrispyKables
Kablecorner

Update regarding the meet itself: should be sending invites in the next few days to the people in the second post who expressed interest in attending. If you're not there - PM me or Paul (or both), even if you did come to the previous meet :D [I'll update the list above shortly :D]

I've pinged the maybe members to update their availability :D

You can help by updating your gear availability in a clear format in a post after this one if it changed, or if it's not listed :D

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #129 of 239
This is my first meet, I'm also pretty new to the audiophile community, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of our local enthusiasts and learning a bunch. Can't wait!!

Gear: Laptop, Amp: Asus xonar essence one (standard edition)  Headphones: Fostex TH900

Just got one question, do I need to bring a table & chair?

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #130 of 239
This is my first meet, I'm also pretty new to the audiophile community, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of our local enthusiasts and learning a bunch. Can't wait!!

Gear: Laptop, Amp: Asus xonar essence one (standard edition)  Headphones: Fostex TH900

Just got one question, do I need to bring a table & chair?
=) thanks, added. Umm, nah we have enough chairs and tables, but you might want to bring some power boards or extension leads?

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #131 of 239
Guys I really hate to say this, 

But something has come up next week that I need to be here for so I won't be attending. 

Terribly sorry! Busy time of year for me and it's gotten crazy.

I hope to make it to one of these one day.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #132 of 239
Depending what time we finish up on the 12th I might need a lift home.  But I can probably sort out a lift from my parents after say 11pm or so.

Gear I can bring:  Hifiman HE-6, AudioGD Master 6, Reference 7.1, NFB 7.32, Audiophilleo 2 with Purepower, Westone 4, cables.

The Reference 7.1 is up for sale if anyone wants to try it out.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #133 of 239
Depending what time we finish up on the 12th I might need a lift home.  But I can probably sort out a lift from my parents after say 11pm or so.

Gear I can bring:  Hifiman HE-6, AudioGD Master 6, Reference 7.1, NFB 7.32, Audiophilleo 2 with Purepower, Westone 4, cables.

I see you went major ortho and audio-gd :).
11pm (as in almost midnight?)
what area do you need a lift to, maybe someone can give you a lift?

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #135 of 239
Quote:

I wish I could make it for this! Why oh why do I live so far away in Nth QLD!

Quote:
Quick update regarding the vendors:
Nope - busy with CES,etc:
AddictedToAudio
noisymotel
Acustoms/UMAus
Tralucent

Noticed you mentioned Tralucent. If I had the new version of their IEMs in my hands right now I would be mailing it to you for this meet. Love to hear what others think about these IEMs and the T1 amp to go along with. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back