Can con 3 (Sydney,Australia meet) - Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping.
Jan 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #229 of 239
Seems like a good turnout. Thanks to the organisers. And HD800 is player of the match it seems? 
as someone mentioned, with different sources and amps, HD800 can sound great (amazingly - even the unmodded ones). [previous meets I didn't like it at all, this time I liked it a lot, maybe my HF hearing is finally going deaf :D ] In some cases, you could have a set-up that makes it thin and harsh.
It felt very comfortable as well. :\

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #230 of 239
Perhaps the times when I heard it they weren't properly amped/cabled or whichever. It would be nice to try it again. I did have sibilance issues also with some Pink Floyd songs when I tried them a while back. Still would have liked to have made it and heard it myself. I can't believe some people chose the birth of their second child over Can con!! Congrats btw.

So did the TH-900 make an appearance? 

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #231 of 239
Perhaps the times when I heard it they weren't properly amped/cabled or whichever. It would be nice to try it again. I did have sibilance issues also with some Pink Floyd songs when I tried them a while back. Still would have liked to have made it and heard it myself. I can't believe some people chose the birth of their second child over Can con!! Congrats btw.

So did the TH-900 make an appearance? 

> or whichever

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/diy-modification-sennheiser-hd-800-anaxilus-mod

:D it's a bit more hardcore than cables

>So did the TH-900 make an appearance? 

yep.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #232 of 239
Quote:
as someone mentioned, with different sources and amps, HD800 can sound great (amazingly - even the unmodded ones). [previous meets I didn't like it at all, this time I liked it a lot, maybe my HF hearing is finally going deaf
biggrin.gif
] In some cases, you could have a set-up that makes it thin and harsh.
It felt very comfortable as well. :\

If it's my HD800 that you're talking about then maybe the thing to consider is burn-in?
There is a chance that some of the HD800's in the previous meets would have been fairly new out of the box...
I found the stock cables really good and not really worthwhile modding, unlike HD650.

That Anaxilus mod thing looks interesting. Then again if I wanted more mid bass then I would use HD650...

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #233 of 239
Quote:
> or whichever

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/diy-modification-sennheiser-hd-800-anaxilus-mod

biggrin.gif
it's a bit more hardcore than cables

>So did the TH-900 make an appearance? 

yep.

I see...just thought there might be some mention of these closed cans. Yeh it could also have been a synergy issue with the amps to match the HD800. I'm told that can sometimes be a hit or miss rather than the difference between good and great.

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #235 of 239
Hi all, bit of newb. Not meaning to dig up on past events, but how often do these occur in Sydney? Keen on coming along to one next time and I just want to get an idea on when one might be (without continually referring back to this section).

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #237 of 239
[Open for everyone]

We will be holding a mini-meet on this coming Thursday afternoon (11/04/13 5pm) at UNSW but others are welcomed! There will not be hours for people to trial gears, but would be a great after-work/school session to meet a few friends and demo a little bit.

Just great to know others inside the same hobby!

pm for details!

Adrian

May 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #238 of 239
Can Con 4: http://www.head-fi.org/t/704873/can-con-4-sydney-australia-meet

Be quick it is this Sunday!

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #239 of 239
I have created the Can Con 5 thread. Please head over there to register your interest and the gear you will be bringing.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/759010/can-con-5-0-sydney-australia-meet-june-2015#post_11412216

Users who are viewing this thread

Back