Can-con 2 (Sydney 2012) Meet Aug 18th 3:30 to 8:30pm (near Epping station)
Jul 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #151 of 421
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

A2A are looking forward to Can-con 2.

I just wanted to say we really need to know exactly what Audio gear everyone would like us to bring as unfortunately we can not bring the entire store with us
L3000.gif

Could you please start suggesting brand / models you would like to see on the day and if we have a demo unit it will be there.

We will also have some giveaways on the day.

Cheers,

George Poutakidis

Addicted To Audio

I hope there is a Woo Audio WA22 demo unit...>_<

I am particularly interested in balanced amp

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #152 of 421
I've met 14 year olds that are more mature than people twice their age.
I wouldn't worry.

If I could still con my mom into dropping me off and picking me up I'd do it in a heart beat; I loathe driving.
This gives me an idea...

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #153 of 421
Hey Everyone,

A2A are looking forward to Can-con 2.

I just wanted to say we really need to know exactly what Audio gear everyone would like us to bring as unfortunately we can not bring the entire store with us :L3000:

Could you please start suggesting brand / models you would like to see on the day and if we have a demo unit it will be there.

We will also have some giveaways on the day.

Cheers,

George Poutakidis

Addicted To Audio

Hi George,

I saw on your website that you had the an Ultrasone Signature Pro demo unit. I've been strongly considering purchasing one so could you please bring that?

Thanks!

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #154 of 421
Hello gang, I'd love to attend this meet. I'm newish on the headfi scene, I come from a hifi background, but my needs have changed so I will be looking to drop a chunk of coin on a good headphone setup. At the moment all I can really bring is a pair of akg k550's and a Fiio e17, also I can bring an iPad with camera out and a selection of tunes.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #155 of 421
Quote:
Something hi-end from Grado as I've also never heard anything from them before.

Well, I'll be bringing my RS1i  already, and I thought the OP had one or two other models.  Would be cool to compare the RS1i to the PS500 or something though... :wink:

EDIT: and so other people know it's been asked for, I PM'd George earlier and asked if he could bring a Shure SRH1840 which I'm keen to listen to. :)

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #156 of 421
I'll be bringing a mspro as well!

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #157 of 421
Quote:
Regarding the security everyone would be required to bring a filled out form with identificatin. there being no volunteer we are limited in resources.
The form comprises of (on a piece of paper):
Name:
Address:
Contact details: email: Phone:
Identification number: (e.g: if driver's licence, then licence number)
Also, what are your thoughts regarding who we should open out invitation to? Should we limit it to just headfi?

Personally I'm against the recording of identification details.

If the organizer(s) would like to see my ID to verify who I am, that's fine. But I would prefer for it not to be written down.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #158 of 421
Personally I'm against the recording of identification details.

If the organizer(s) would like to see my ID to verify who I am, that's fine. But I would prefer for it not to be written down.

the idea is to record it on paper and shred it a say 3 days after the event.
They kinda do the same for say RSL clubs, except there it's permanently stored and most likely on some insecure server :D

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #162 of 421
OK so i'm officially coming!, flights booked for Friday and Monday.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #163 of 421
We are going to ask members of one other forum to join us. I will ask svyr to post a post in the one other forum, so if you have objections plz let post an objection by tomorrow. I would like the meet to be of size between 25-45. Note because members leave early and come late even I it is 45-50 members, we will at any time only have 35-40. If 25 members come then we will only have at any time around 15-20.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #165 of 421
and i'll be more prepared this time ha. I wasnt sure I would be there, because my mother is going in for surgery, but it has turned out to be the week before and i'm keeping a positive outlook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back