Can-con 2 (Sydney 2012) Meet Aug 18th 3:30 to 8:30pm (near Epping station)
Aug 13, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #272 of 421
I'm even younger than the 16s asking about age. 
biggrin.gif
  Hmmmm...

I live about 10 minutes walk from Epping Station. How convenient! I don't own a drivers license though, which is very inconvenient.

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #273 of 421
I of all people am quite aware of the monetary value of what is being brought to these meets.

As I tried to infer with careful wording: I'm not overtly trying to be a party pooper or "dis" the organisers.
I just wanted to raise a point for consideration the next time a meet of this scale runs.

my position is pretty much what Lillee said.

If you want to join a stereo club or a boy scouts club or buy something online - they'd ask for roughly the same info if not more.

Is it strictly necessary - no (name and ID are probably enough). Are we choosing to do it - yes. Will we be storing any ID details you provide in person - no. they'll be destroyed.

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #274 of 421
Looks like I should be able to make it - thus far....
I don't know what to bring.............

People really gotta check out wink's profile and make a request on what they want to see (which understandably he might or might not satisfy). I've had him bring his K1000 to my place for a mini meet at one stage and aside from being a top hobbyist and person he has so much delicious gear... Actually you look to have acquired more.

If he does come - there's great potential of the meet being a notch funner (because we love him so much, not because we're so materialistic :D and he has free candy)

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #275 of 421
i dont exactly have any gear per se... thats why i was interested in going. to see what i could invest in xD i have my eyes on the merlins... but u said UM is pulling out? 

come along anyway. The secret vendor will be presenting a hybrid ba/dynamic driver IEM, so you're probably going to be interested in that :wink:

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #276 of 421
Quote:
People really gotta check out wink's profile and make a request...

Would people chip in for wink to rent a van for a day?

But seriously, Mr. Wink, what are you planning to bring? For me I would absolutely love to hear some HE60, maybe a K1000, a W5000, some hifiman, some stax, and maybe a yamaha ortho of your choice XD

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #277 of 421
Would people chip in for wink to rent a van for a day?

But seriously, Mr. Wink, what are you planning to bring? For me I would absolutely love to hear some HE60, maybe a K1000, a W5000, some hifiman, some stax, and maybe a yamaha ortho of your choice XD

it'd have to be a moving truck :D

electrostatics are always delicious and we seem to be missing out this year. so are vintage orthos and huge dynamic HPs :D (k1000)
I think we're covered for audio technica (aside from W5000, but personally I didn't like it one bit :D . it was pretty though. sooo pretty.),

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #278 of 421
Yes as Vlad has just let the cat out of the bag,

We will be bringing along a final production prototype of a hybrid BA/Dynamic driver universal fit IEM. We hope these little gems will shake things up a little in the IEM world and can take pre-orders at the show at special show only pricing. Do look us up and give them a go. The demo unit will only be in Australia this weekend and fly off again on Monday so it's really our only chance to demo them.

See you all on Saturday!

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #279 of 421
Quote:
As a matter of fact the organiser is then responsible to mediate any problems that occur and will be in a tough position regarding what they can and can't do.
If he/she gave out the address to the aggrieved party and that resulted in physical harm or further property damage then... need I go on?
Basically, it is pointless and of no use if something is damaged.

I think what Nattonrice is saying is that if the organizers are noting down the home address etc then they should be careful because they might be inadvertently put liable for something going wrong.
I have no problem with giving my personal details, but if the organizers are getting some people to help out with the registration process like last year then they should be well informed about their responsibilities.

Looking forward to the meeting

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #281 of 421
I think what Nattonrice is saying is that if the organizers are noting down the home address etc then they should be careful because they might be inadvertently put liable for something going wrong.
I have no problem with giving my personal details, but if the organizers are getting some people to help out with the registration process like last year then they should be well informed about their responsibilities.

Looking forward to the meeting

this information is confidential and privileged.

For clarity and so that there is no misunderstanding, the organisers do not take any liability for any issues or matters not covered by public liability insurance.
Also there are no helpers this time, so it is only me and svyr.
Social experiments have found that a person is more likely to engage in an activity that they would not normally engage when they know they are unable to be identified and reached. And the issue with not having other information other than name and headfi ID is that someone with ill intention could 'disappear' after achieving their objective. We are only preventing that and deterring those people.
I understand your concerns and I would also feel uncomfortable in the knowldge that someone having my information. However, Can Con is not your typical meet among a circle of friends where mutual trust and respect that have been growing over many years governs the group. Most people attending Can Con have no aquintence with one another and there have not been any opportunity for trust and respect one another to develop. Hence unfortunately, the organiser had to take drastic steps to provide some form of system governing the meet in the interest of the members. I believe failure to provide any form of system is negligent.
Also as I have mentioned before the registration information collected will be burnt. This will take place on the following Saturday midday at a park BBQ area. PM me if you want to attend.

Kind regards,
Paul

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #283 of 421
Sorry folks looks like i cant make it to the meet since i have work shift i cant get out of for that date.

I am very curious about this mystery hybrid iem manufacturer though. Is their website already up and running?

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #284 of 421
Woop Woop Woop. Count me in. I'm willing to bring anything in my profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back