Can-con 2 (Sydney 2012) Meet Aug 18th 3:30 to 8:30pm (near Epping station)
Aug 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #259 of 421
So keen to try all these other Amps(especially tubed) and head phones! Though at the same time I really hope I don't hear anything too much better than what I'm used to
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #263 of 421
Okay, so I guess I'll update the final list of stuff I'm going to bring:

Headphones:
Sony SA5000
Sony MA900
Alumod MS-1's (I would love to sell these to someone at the meet :3)

IEMs:
Sony XBA-4
JVC FXD80 (everyone ought to hear these)
Sony EX1000

Source:
O2 Amplifier + Music Streamer II+ (possibly an ODAC if it arrives in time)

Really strong tilt towards the Sony's eh? Lol. I don't know if I should bring the Fostex T50RP or Audio Technica Pro700 Mk2 ANV (quite a handful), but if someone really really wants to hear them please let me know!

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #265 of 421
Got my ODAC this morning.

I know a few of you have one, but the rest of you have to hear this little thing. So I'm bringing mine.

Here's a list of gear I will have with me next Saturday:

SPL Phonitor
Cambridge Audio DACMagic
JDS Labs ODAC
Ipod+CLAS+Arrow 2g
HD650 (If I can fit it in) This one has the old drivers.
Beyerdynamic T1
Shure SE 535s.
Plus my laptop.

I can't believe how good this little DAC is :) going back to listening to music for a while.

-Tim

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #268 of 421
I AM coming so this is not a change-it-or-else demand, merely an observation and recommendation (so please don't take it the wrong way).

I can't remember what I said last time and if I was all for it (I probably was) but, I've come to the realization that I'm not convinced about giving my personal information to people I don't know.
Specifically, my home address.
This is regardless of the collecting person saying they will destroy it later or not.
I know for a fact that a number of established head-fi'ers are not attending for this very reason (don't ask, I won't give names).

Modulo having CCTV footage of an infraction, the here-say testimony of some people from an internet forum will never hold up in the Small Claims Courts.
Having someones address and phone number will make no difference at all.
As a matter of fact the organiser is then responsible to mediate any problems that occur and will be in a tough position regarding what they can and can't do.
If he/she gave out the address to the aggrieved party and that resulted in physical harm or further property damage then... need I go on?
Basically, it is pointless and of no use if something is damaged.

Solution: make it registration only, require a HF forum account, do not cross-post the meet with other forums.
A full name provided in PM to the organizer and flashing a photo ID with this name on it would be enough to keep out un-registered people.
If it works for private nightclubs in the city then it can work for us.

Moreover, there have been a number of big meets in the past and "registration" was no more than saying "I'm coming" in the meet thread.
There was no problems to speak of.

Just food for thought next time 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #269 of 421
If you can't trust your organiser to hold and destroy your personal information, then the organisers have a right not to trust you to come.

There will be those who are there with $10,000 or more of equipment for people to try without much security other than trust. If you can't provide your details which is a mere inconvenience to try out $1000's of quality equipment for FREE then you have to do some soul searching.

Perhaps we need to charge $100 per person entry, refunded as you leave....

But lets be honest, you are getting A LOT more than you are putting back at these meets are you not?? Just be a bit more accommodating to the organisers who are doing the best job they can.

Here's to a great Can-Con 2012!!! 
darthsmile.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #270 of 421
I of all people am quite aware of the monetary value of what is being brought to these meets.

As I tried to infer with careful wording: I'm not overtly trying to be a party pooper or "dis" the organisers.
I just wanted to raise a point for consideration the next time a meet of this scale runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back