Can anyone help me out choosing the right headphones?
Jan 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DarnShame

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I have been frequenting this website for quite a while for my source of all things audio related but never made an account until very recently. Head-fi has been a fantastic help so far and I was hoping I could receive some help in choosing out the perfect pair of headphones for my needs. Some key things I would like in these headphones are:

1. Good sound (obviously) I enjoy bass in a good quantity so if it is overly bassy, that's not a big problem for me. I would like the bass to be nice, tight and punchy as well, not muddy. Mids and highs I am far less picky about, as long as they are decent sounding, they do not need to sparkle or what have you.
  2. Over-ear design or IEMs. I am really not a fan of on-ear design headphones.
  3. Comfortable for long periods of listening.
  4. Rock solid build. I am in high school and as you can imagine, there are just an infinite number of ways headphones could be damaged in that sort of environment. I would really like them to have a detachable cable, or at least a cable that can stand the test of time. Build is probably even more of a need than sound, as I would like the headphones to stick around  for as long as possible.
  5. Very portable. Again, being in high school, it is very important for headphones to travel easily. I would like to have headphones that can fold in any way imaginable (DJ style) so transportation is not a hassle.
  6. A solid noise isolation. I ride the bus to and from school. It can get rather rambunctious in there, so it would be good to have isolation to combat them noisy individuals.
  7. Uncostly. If there is anything to suit these needs below $100, fantastic. If not, well... I'll think about that when I get to it.

If anyone can provide assistance, thank you very much.

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #3 of 3
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-rock-it-sounds-r10-r11-r20-r30-r50-added-dec-31st-2012
I'd also look at this thread if I were you, if you haven't already. Something in the Warm+Sweet section would probably suit your needs. I own some Shure SE 215Ks. I find the bass bodied pretty well, but it isn't in gratuitous amounts. I can't really vouch them however, as I don't have any other IEMs to compare them to from personal experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back