Can a Senn cable be converted for use on Grado?
Jan 24, 2008 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jimmyjohn

New Head-Fier
The upgrade cables for Senn phones look like they have some type of plug at the headphone end. Can these be removed to use this cable for Grado 325i? I have found a used Cardas cable at a good price, and wondered if I could use it for my Grado.

How difficult is it to open the Grado 325i?

Thanks,

JD

Jan 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 5
It's no problem to remove the connectors from a senn cable, you just cut them off.

Someone else can speak to the difficulty opening a 325i, I'd guess it's just a couple of screws, but I haven't looked at one in a few years.

Feb 17, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's no problem to remove the connectors from a senn cable, you just cut them off.

Someone else can speak to the difficulty opening a 325i, I'd guess it's just a couple of screws, but I haven't looked at one in a few years.

Some will tell you its a bitch, but I had no problem with my MS-2i. No screws, just lots and lots of glue. You just use a heat gun to soften the glue and then carefully pry the cups apart. From there, working inside them is a piece of cake... and when its time to put them back together wrap the inner housing in electrical tape to keep the cups tight since you peeled off all the glue.

Feb 18, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 5
Just a blow dryer and a glove. Make sure to reapply glue with a glue gun to keep the cans together. Easy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back