Can a portable headphone amps be used with laptop?
Aug 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:
I would at this stage get the classic or any of the other PMP's I told you about... I don't need mutli tasking or any of that as much. My gripe with all this is that too many ..just drop Apple as a suggestion because.. "ewe Mac" and what not........seriously.

You can get whatever you like. Think of  what you n need it for, big screen or not

Have you heard the touch vs the classic?  I have and I have heard various versions of the touch.  My favorite is the 2nd gen Touch.

@orlear:  As for consumer reports, it is only a starting point.  Use it as you would any opinion, with a healthy does of skepticism until it proves right.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:
Have you heard the touch vs the classic?  I have and I have heard various versions of the touch.  My favorite is the 2nd gen Touch.

@orlear:  As for consumer reports, it is only a starting point.  Use it as you would any opinion, with a healthy does of skepticism until it proves right.

I have heard them..but don't and didn't have devices or anything nearby to compare.

I have Touch 2G and 4S.. I barely spend time with the 4S as it's a phone..but I think I may prefer the 4S better

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #33 of 35
i found no improvement between my notebook DAC(realtek HD,asus a43sj) and fiio E7 (plugged in to usb). but its different when i try E17, some noticable improvement come out (th DAC itself, or maybe the amp section). so i can assumed as RAW SQ, notebook theseday isn't that bad (realtek HD). it's pretty good for entry audiophiler like me.....

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:
The audio quality from your onboard sound card/chip may not sound good in the first place, amplifying it just make it worse.

Not really.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/568705/review-nwavguys-o2-diy-amplifier/1080#post_8150435

Double amping onboard soundcard signal with O2 actually results in measured lower distortion and better crosstalk. Line out is still the holy grail but double amping is not exactly evil.

Let's try not to propagate baseless advices around...

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:
Not really.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/568705/review-nwavguys-o2-diy-amplifier/1080#post_8150435

Double amping onboard soundcard signal with O2 actually results in measured lower distortion and better crosstalk. Line out is still the holy grail but double amping is not exactly evil.

Let's try not to propagate baseless advices around...

It isn't evil. Many audiophiles with "audiophile" pmp's that only have headphone out do this. Although personally I myself prefer Line out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back