Campfire Dorado 2020
Oct 21, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #16 of 1,452
Bummer. But who knows maybe you'll manage a better fit than you got with Solaris and it will win you over somehow or find a niche in your collection. Curious to hear more impressions from people either way.
I'm hopeful about the fit. I had the original vega and they fit me fine. And these new shells looks at least very similar to that original style.

I really should have waited for more impressions especially since the nio is still really doing it for me... But you know, this whole year sucks and sometimes the excitement of getting new gear is enough to just make it seem not so crappy for a little bit.

Hopefully usps gets here earlier than usual! Otherwise I'll likely have them in hand in about 6-7 hours.

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #17 of 1,452
I'm hopeful about the fit. I had the original vega and they fit me fine. And these new shells looks at least very similar to that original style.

I really should have waited for more impressions especially since the nio is still really doing it for me... But you know, this whole year sucks and sometimes the excitement of getting new gear is enough to just make it seem not so crappy for a little bit.

Hopefully usps gets here earlier than usual! Otherwise I'll likely have them in hand in about 6-7 hours.

You got the Dorado, right?

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #18 of 1,452
You got the Dorado, right?
Yup. I figured that since I still have the atlas, the vega would likely be a bit redundant, and my hope is that the dorado is still a somewhat bass forward signature, but with some of the added technicalities a ba can bring.

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #19 of 1,452
Yup. I figured that since I still have the atlas, the vega would likely be a bit redundant, and my hope is that the dorado is still a somewhat bass forward signature, but with some of the added technicalities a ba can bring.
Got the Atlas, curious to hear your impressions about the Dorado!

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #21 of 1,452
Usps has arrived early...

PXL_20201021_141946171.jpg

A couple really really quick first... Notes.

There is some hiss on my cayin n6ii e01 on low gain. It's extremely minimal and I honestly dont think I will notice it even during quieter parts.

Any worries about these being bass light are unfounded. They aren't bass cannons, but I would say the bloom audio impressions are much more in line with what I'm hearing than how majorhifi seemed to be describing them. This is with spinfits right now for those who may be wondering.

They are tiny, really pretty much the same size as I remember my old vega. Too early to say how fit will be over longer listening sessions, but I think these will be real nice to wear.

The polished ceramic looks real nice, better in person than in photos I think. But definitely going to be fingerprint/smudge magnets.

Very subjectively... I am digging them so far.

Edit: Oh yea, have heard some driver flex. So that's there. But they are easy enough to get in my ear without triggering it.

Attachments

• PXL_20201021_141946171.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #22 of 1,452

There is some hiss on my cayin n6ii e01 on low gain. It's extremely minimal and I honestly dont think I will notice it even during quieter parts.

Any worries about these being bass light are unfounded. They aren't bass cannons, but I would say the bloom audio impressions are much more in line with what I'm hearing than how majorhifi seemed to be describing them. This is with spinfits right now for those who may be wondering.

They are tiny, really pretty much the same size as I remember my old vega. Too early to say how fit will be over longer listening sessions, but I think these will be real nice to wear.

The polished ceramic looks real nice, better in person than in photos I think. But definitely going to be fingerprint/smudge magnets.

Edit: Oh yea, have heard some driver flex. So that's there. But they are easy enough to get in my ear without triggering it.
Ooof driver flex... That's what I hate the most about my Atlas, that's why I only use foam tips.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #23 of 1,452

I'm really sorry for asking this basic question, but what specification on a dac should I take into account when talking about noise floor.

I'm planning on getting either the Dorado or Andromeda in the near future, but I don't exactly know what (portable) dac I should have to drive them properly, due to their sensitivity.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #24 of 1,452

Glad you are enjoying them so far! How are they compared to the Atlas? Same levels of bass? Do they remind you in any way to the Solaris or completely different?

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #25 of 1,452
I'm really sorry for asking this basic question, but what specification on a dac should I take into account when talking about noise floor.

I'm planning on getting either the Dorado or Andromeda in the near future, but I don't exactly know what (portable) dac I should have to drive them properly, due to their sensitivity.
Honestly, I don't know how to answer that question for you as I just don't know. Hopefully someone with more knowledge there can chime in for you.

Glad you are enjoying them so far! How are they compared to the Atlas? Same levels of bass? Do they remind you in any way to the Solaris or completely different?
Haven't listened to the atlas in a few days and haven't done any comparisons yet (I like to get at least some time with new iems to adjust a little before switching). But going off memory, definitely less bassy than the atlas.

As for the solaris, it's hard to say as I haven't had them now for a few months. But where I found the solaris underwhelming in the bass, these are not. I would say these are a bit more v shaped (though not really) then the solaris. Probably don't quite compete in terms of sheer detail retrieval or soundstage, but I find those things very hard to actually judge anyways.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #26 of 1,452
Honestly, I don't know how to answer that question for you as I just don't know. Hopefully someone with more knowledge there can chime in for you.

Haven't listened to the atlas in a few days and haven't done any comparisons yet (I like to get at least some time with new iems to adjust a little before switching). But going off memory, definitely less bassy than the atlas.

As for the solaris, it's hard to say as I haven't had them now for a few months. But where I found the solaris underwhelming in the bass, these are not. I would say these are a bit more v shaped (though not really) then the solaris. Probably don't quite compete in terms of sheer detail retrieval or soundstage, but I find those things very hard to actually judge anyways.

Thanks, you are our only man with boots on the ground so I appreciate your input haha. I'll let you get back to listening.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #27 of 1,452

Fair enough : )

Anyone else knows what specification to look for?

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #28 of 1,452

Any updated impressions? Detail retrieval vs Atlas would be good if you could? Im just scratching to put money down on either of these haha. Comparisons to Z1R?

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #29 of 1,452
Any updated impressions? Detail retrieval vs Atlas would be good if you could? Im just scratching to put money down on either of these haha. Comparisons to Z1R?
Unfortunately I need a few hours before I can give some better comparisons... Trying to actually get some work done. But I'll definitely throw the z1r into the mix too when I have some time.

Oct 21, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #30 of 1,452
Once you've had more time to settle with them, I'd be interested in your comparisons to the Nio in particular. I have an Atlas and and a few all-BA IEMs - I love the visceral bass of the Atlas, but on really busy metal music, it smears a bit too much and the BA units do better separation. I've been eyeing the Nio as a next step, but really like the Campfire sound in general, so now both the Dorado and Nio are on the list to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back