Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 15, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #586 of 1,129
Hi @Andreas Bin Rudi, thanks for checking out BlackStar! I did some brief A/B-ing this morning; to my ear, Ara is more spacious, with a more 'breathy' quality. It also feels tighter and faster across the board. Right away, the difference in bass response is apparent. BlackStar has some rumble and width to it and simply a larger quantity of bass response. Ara's bass is very tight and reserved.

I also find BlackStar's vocals to be forward in a very pleasant way, with a touch of warmth to them, whereas Ara is a little more even-keeled from low through high and has a more delicate overall presentation. BlackStar is a richer, fuller sound in comparison, and Ara contrasts with its airy and sort of ethereal approach.

That being said, I do still find BlackStar to be nicely balanced. It shares enough with Ara that Ara users would enjoy it while being different enough to offer a new experience and not be redundant.
Thanks Chris, BS seems to be a nobrainer and I will have my 3. Campfire gem soon.

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #587 of 1,129
My first Campfire model, Bonneville in the quite special and daring color.

Bombastic bass :ballot_box_with_check:

Crisp treble :ballot_box_with_check:

Immense fun :ballot_box_with_check:

DSCF4435x.png

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #589 of 1,129

Great picture! The color of these is so hard to capture for some reason haha but you did a nice job!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 15, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #590 of 1,129
Great picture! The color of these is so hard to capture for some reason haha but you did a nice job!
Thanks Chris. Depends on the lighting, they change from more vibrant to more bland depending. Had a fun session playing with the Fujufilm to capture it, btw love the packaging. It feels very unique and retro, in a good way.

DSCF4430.png

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #591 of 1,129

Beautiful shot! And congratulations!

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #598 of 1,129
I am treble or sibilance sensitive and I didn’t find the BS to be a problem for me at all. Great IEM but just into a bit more bass right now. I guess I’m in my Beats phase 🤦🏻.
woah woah, there's plenty of high quality bass iems out there. come back from the edge 🤣

Feb 17, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #599 of 1,129
I'm finding the Supermoon to be really really good through the Cayin RU7, as well as the Go Blu. Using newer version of the Symbio W tips and the Cadmus cable. I had to try a planar IEM, this is a nice sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back