Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 12, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #556 of 1,131
Hi CFA Chris. What are your thoughts on campfire doing an iem extension lead with the timestream cable . Standard length just right for out and about, but for home use not that good........I cant be the only one who would snap one up.

This is an interesting idea, not sure its something we've given much though to. But definitely worth discussing with the team!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 12, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #558 of 1,131
surprised by these, improved high frequencies, clearer bass.
Bonneville

IMG_3011.jpeg

Feb 12, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #559 of 1,131
This is an interesting idea, not sure its something we've given much though to. But definitely worth discussing with the team!
Might be simpler to just offer a separate 2m cable instead of an extension. Some of us are listening at a desk or in a home system far more than on the go. I’m not eager to take premium IEMs traveling. I know on my setups 1.2m can be a little restrictive.

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #562 of 1,131
Bonneville

IMG_3011.jpeg
I’ve been using these for quite some time on both my Trifecta and Ragnar. Got a pair for my Bonneville recently as well. :)

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #563 of 1,131
Bonneville

IMG_3011.jpeg
Ok, based on the comments, looks like I'll need to pick up a set of these tips too. I'll report back soon :)

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 13, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #564 of 1,131
My supermoon should be arriving today, but with our snowstorm, maybe tomorrow. The Cascara was my gateway drug, but since having acquired both the Bonneville and Supermoon a few weeks later, just listed my few week old Cascara/like new in the classified if anyone is interested.

Excited for the Supermoon. Curious, has anyone used the Campfire Silver Litz cable and have any impressions of it? Also the super smoky litz? Thanks!

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #565 of 1,131
My supermoon should be arriving today, but with our snowstorm, maybe tomorrow. The Cascara was my gateway drug, but since having acquired both the Bonneville and Supermoon a few weeks later, just listed my few week old Cascara/like new in the classified if anyone is interested.

Excited for the Supermoon. Curious, has anyone used the Campfire Silver Litz cable and have any impressions of it? Also the super smoky litz? Thanks!
My least favorite IEM cables of all time T_T. They tangle and have memory. The Timestream are much better. They're the same cable but just a translucent smoked grey jacket over a clear showing the silver SPC.

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #567 of 1,131
Bonneville

IMG_3011.jpeg
hated these tips at first. they've really grown on me since. their impact on the sound is undeniable. lovely pairing with Trifecta for a more balanced presentation. the combo made sense in theory before i tired it too. 30mm of dynamic drivers pushing air into your ear canals. i want that directly into my skull, not funneled any more than intended!

Feb 13, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #568 of 1,131
This is the absolute best tips for Bonneville to my preferences: Pentaconn Corier Brass

Just brings coherency between the DD to BA transition incredibly well to my preferences

IMG_9271.jpeg

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #570 of 1,131
This is the absolute best tips for Bonneville to my preferences: Pentaconn Corier Brass

Just brings coherency between the DD to BA transition incredibly well to my preferences

so far the Coreir are my favorite as well

Ok, based on the comments, looks like I'll need to pick up a set of these tips too. I'll report back soon :)

Definitely try the Corier too.

BTW I have one slight gripe with your chromatic series, after having acquired the Bonneville and Supermoon (quite happy), and Cascara (now for sale due to the aforemementioned acquisitions)

Why when you order a pair of the Chromatic series in the black, do you still get a cable with the colored version terminations instead of black? Since you have black terminated cables for sale on your website already? I went blue on blue for Cascara, orange on orange with the Supermoon, but with the Bonneville I preferred the black shells but got the purply/pink color cable terminations instead. Man can I trade in that cable for a black color termination one for the Bonneville :) But seriously, I love purple but that purple is just too light too my liking and I may be OCD but I don't like the aesthetic at all of the black IEM with the random purply/pink color on the cable lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back