Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 11, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #541 of 1,412
Sold my Supermoon, most likely to move into Bonneville, but would be interested how they compare to Monarch MK3, as anyone demo both?

Feb 11, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #542 of 1,412
Sold my Supermoon, most likely to move into Bonneville, but would be interested how they compare to Monarch MK3, as anyone demo both?
I’ve owned all 3 but not at the same time. Still own the 2 CFA.

Everyday I listen through IEM’s or headphones I go to New Releases in Roon and jump around the Electronic tab until I find something I like, then I do the same with Folk if that gives an idea of my current tastes.

Monarch MKIII is more of an all arounder in my opinion based on my flawed memory so big grain of salt here. The Bonneville is more bombastic and I like it better for my tastes than both of the other 2. The monarch can be bombastic but without EQ it’s just less bombastic than the Bonnie’s. Bonneville are my current favorites (Sonically) and while I’ve had them I’ve been through the CFA Black Star, ie900, 600, aroma thunder, Svarna, FAudio Mezzo LE, Thieaudio, Szayali, and a couple of others I forget ( the memory thing) and please excuse any spelling errors.

Also make sure to check out the squiglink eq site. Makes eqing a snap and can really open up a whole new world of comparisons and listening.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #544 of 1,412
just curious - what is it that you didnt like about the SM? Bonne sounded a little to muddy to me but i was in a loud listening room
actually I liked a lot the Supermoon (my favorite IEM so far), I just like to try new IEMs and Bonneville seems to be a good next step, I expect a more rich bass and a bit more fun, reviews have been consistent on that, not so much on mids(some say voices are fantastic, others that lack detail)… will see, part of the hobby is discover :)

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #546 of 1,412
I have been struggling with fit on my new Solaris Mercury and had been using somewhat sticky XL size Penon Liqueur tips but they have theirbown challenges.

After more messing about I put 2mm spacers cut from the stem of some old tips at the base of the IEM nozzle to push my preferred Divinus Velvet tips further along the nozzle.

Combine that with getting the insertion angle right which meant tipping the Solaris further forward than seem looks normal as I hold them and they insert deeper, seal nicely, sound really good and don’t look odd with really big tips 😂

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #547 of 1,412
The impressions would depend on the social circle, which in turns have different sonic preferences. This circle would likely be disgusted by dislike the approach of ThieAudio, and vice versa.

Personally, I find the Bonneville, whilst good, lacks the “magic dust” of the Andro 2020. Now, not saying that that IEM is perfection, but it has something in the way it renders the stage and the warm-ish tone that makes it stands out back in 2021 when I grabbed it.

The Monarch III also does not feel “magical”, but its dual woofers are legit, the midrange can be boring but tonally connect and kinda more fun than the Mk2. And most of all, it’s cheaper. So I lean toward Mk3 in this case if I have to choose between these two.

It should be noted that the build of Bonneville instills better confidence than Mk3. To make matter worse, the cable of the demo unit at my local store has a broken channel with one of the replaceable 4.4 jack.

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #548 of 1,412
Waiting patiently to get my Supermoon back from Campfire. They’re currently getting re-shelled from the audiophile fit to the artist fit. Although the audiophile fit is comfortable, I feel they are not the most secure when using a heavier cable… hoping the longer stem mitigates this.

Also have the color being changed from black to the new orange. Having been an “early” adopter of this IEM, I’m glad CFA gives the ability to change to the new Chromatic color. I know a lot of people like the clean look of the black, but I’m all about color. :)

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #549 of 1,412
And everyone's limited cables are falling out the pin holes and having connection issues at the replaceable amp side terminations :sweat:
The impressions would depend on the social circle, which in turns have different sonic preferences. This circle would likely be disgusted by dislike the approach of ThieAudio, and vice versa.

Personally, I find the Bonneville, whilst good, lacks the “magic dust” of the Andro 2020. Now, not saying that that IEM is perfection, but it has something in the way it renders the stage and the warm-ish tone that makes it stands out back in 2021 when I grabbed it.

The Monarch III also does not feel “magical”, but its dual woofers are legit, the midrange can be boring but tonally connect and kinda more fun than the Mk2. And most of all, it’s cheaper. So I lean toward Mk3 in this case if I have to choose between these two.

It should be noted that the build of Bonneville instills better confidence than Mk3. To make matter worse, the cable of the demo unit at my local store has a broken channel with one of the replaceable 4.4 jack.

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #550 of 1,412

While being fully aware of the discretionarily, and personal perspective of each preference statement ... Andro 2020 lacks the "magic dust" of the Andro OG (and MW10)!

Like my friend Kim Warren, in his academic/professor days @ London Business School, said often: "the most successful companies are not the most innovative but those that are able to leverage a competitive advantage longer and to its full value potential"....

P.S. Point of consideration for CFA: would it not have been good to fix the sibilance of the OG and keeping riding on a wave of a legendary success?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #551 of 1,412
While being fully aware of the discretionarily, and personal perspective of each preference statement ... Andro 2020 lacks the "magic dust" of the Andro OG (and MW10)!

Like my friend Kim Warren, in his academic/professor days @ London Business School, said often: "the most successful companies are not the most innovative but those that are able to leverage a competitive advantage longer and to its full value potential"....

P.S. Point of consideration for CFA: would it not have been good to fix the sibilance of the OG and keeping riding on a wave of a legendary success?
Given Campfires approach to driver count I think they had pushed the OG Andro signature to the limit with the MW10… I guess they could try to replicate the original signature with the new dual diaphragm BA’s, and ceramic solid boot (as they did with MW10)…

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #553 of 1,412
Given Campfires approach to driver count I think they had pushed the OG Andro signature to the limit with the MW10… I guess they could try to replicate the original signature with the new dual diaphragm BA’s, and ceramic solid boot (as they did with MW10)…
I'd shell out for a double diaphragm low end quad stacked Andro Gold 🤤

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #554 of 1,412
153593.jpg
153594.jpg
125791.jpg

Just beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back