Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 8, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #529 of 1,408
Hi,
I’ve never used squiglink will it have eq I can enter in app ?
Yes it will give you an EQ profile based on the parameters you select (I will post example screenshot), you can mess around with it for 15 minutes to figure it out or you can watch a quick YouTube video on it. Gamertech has a great recent video that explains it in detail. After you search for the IEM you want to EQ you then select the "Equalizer" tab at the top left and then select "AutoEQ" and then you will get the EQ parameters as listed below in 2nd screenshot. Notice I selected "Harman" for this curve preference, you have options there.

This Squiglink project is AMAZING for us audio nerds that like to tinker with our settings and sounds. Really great stuff but remember these are based on the particular Uploaders measurements on their rigs so again like MOST THINGS IN AUDIO sound is subjective. Enjoy this next step in your journey if you so choose to take it :)

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 12.14.16 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 12.14.59 PM.png

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #530 of 1,408
Bonneville arriving tomorrow. Couldnt' get comparison impressions I was looking for but just based on all the reviews and talk, they seemed like the right choice.

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #531 of 1,408
Is CFA unveiling a new IEM in Canjam NYC?
Any hints whatsoever...🫣

I can't reveal too much just yet. But we wouldn't make our return to CanJam NY without something exciting for you guys!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 8, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #532 of 1,408
I can't reveal too much just yet. But we wouldn't make our return to CanJam NY without something exciting for you guys!
Waiting for the reveal if your F ***** IEM

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #533 of 1,408
Bonneville in the house. Skipping through my library these sound quite lovely. Will take them through their paces a lot today and this weekend. It's unseasonably warm here in NYC, will be a lot of walking the dog and going to parks - Bonneville in tow.

This means I'll have a very lightly used Cascara for sale at a nice price - they won't get much use now.

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #534 of 1,408
First time poster , long time lurker..

so this thread on CA is a good place to start as they were my first high end IEM and got me into this expensive hobby of headfi.

i have been a fan of Darko , and even a bigger fan of Alessandro Cortini for many years. so when they did the podcast on the CA Ara years back i immediately pre-ordered them. Since then i have gotten Polaris 2 , Mammoth , and now Supermoon .

I cant say enough good things about Supermoon. i was worried at last CanJam Dallas that i would have buyer regret after hearing the Bonneville and other suppliers' IEMs. i guess its the planar sound which i really like. I have recommended EQ settings for Roon , but honestly like them as is. I listen to mostly electronic/experimental music and this sound just works for me.

im too lazy to take pics. great job CA , looking forward to whats next from y'all.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #535 of 1,408
First time poster , long time lurker..

so this thread on CA is a good place to start as they were my first high end IEM and got me into this expensive hobby of headfi.

i have been a fan of Darko , and even a bigger fan of Alessandro Cortini for many years. so when they did the podcast on the CA Ara years back i immediately pre-ordered them. Since then i have gotten Polaris 2 , Mammoth , and now Supermoon .

I cant say enough good things about Supermoon. i was worried at last CanJam Dallas that i would have buyer regret after hearing the Bonneville and other suppliers' IEMs. i guess its the planar sound which i really like. I have recommended EQ settings for Roon , but honestly like them as is. I listen to mostly electronic/experimental music and this sound just works for me.

im too lazy to take pics. great job CA , looking forward to whats next from y'all.
Which do you prefer for bass? Mammoth or Polaris V2?

EDIT: Also welcome! I am also a long time reader/viewer of John's!

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #537 of 1,408
The brass correir tips really do things to certain IEMs. Like with my Volür, the correir tweak out the Bonneville. Bass is tighter, so mids sound more forward.

Feb 11, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #539 of 1,408
Hi CFA Chris. What are your thoughts on campfire doing an iem extension lead with the timestream cable . Standard length just right for out and about, but for home use not that good........I cant be the only one who would snap one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back