Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 4, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #496 of 1,104
Feb 4, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #497 of 1,104
So please bear in mind, limited time with Supermoon. Both are very dynamic, engaging, energetic and balanced with fantastic coherence.

Where there are differences IMHO;
Bonneville; More analog sounding, thicker, warmer, more mid-bass focused, bigger soundstage, more resolving but not by much
Supermoon; A little bit thinner, a bit brighter / more forward treble / upper mids, faster, more sub-bass focused, more slam

If I could only keep one it would be Bonneville. It’s an absolute steal. Supermoon is superb too though, but for me not quite as versatile.

As always, YMMV 👍🏻
I see thank you!!
I got Boneville for 900 euro time ago i take them without thinks two times 😃

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #499 of 1,104
HA-3A 4.4 output? That's so encouraging =D still, rated at 8 Ohms in low gain for supermoon at 15 Ohms Not sure it would work with the EVO or Solaris/Andros though :'( Trifecta is 6.6 Ohms as well.

OTC amps like HA-3A can run very efficient 4-8 ohm speakers anyday. It'll run Andro and Solaris fine, but I bet 100% it's gonna be crackle galore just on how sensitive these IEMs are

Feb 4, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #501 of 1,104
OTC amps like HA-3A can run very efficient 4-8 ohm speakers anyday. It'll run Andro and Solaris fine, but I bet 100% it's gonna be crackle galore just on how sensitive these IEMs are
I'm more concerned about the down-sloping response having almost a 1:1 or worse damping ratio of the output impedance. The 20+Ohm IEM's can get away with OTL's in this regard, but I wouldn't want to plug up super sensitive units with low impedance. Speakers ratings are a little different, those are the power rating considered via Ohms law and how the amp can handle a halved load and still deliver the current without going into protection :beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #502 of 1,104
Hook up a good portable amp to your dac and if that is not feasible look for a more powerful DAP such as A&K KANN ULTRA .
When will Cayin give us a 300b DAP :L3000:

Feb 5, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #503 of 1,104
So Supermoon arrived this week. My 2nd Chromatic series IEM after receiving Bonneville last month. A few initial thoughts after 3-4 days of listening;
  • TLDR; authoritative, highly resolving, punchy, fast and engaging…I love them
  • Initially sounded a little thin and dry…lots of tip rolling and they’ve changed dramatically (Final E / Azla Sedna…but still experimenting)
  • Pretty balanced but the sub-bass slam & texture & speed is particularly noteworthy
  • Awesome technical performance & resolution
  • Chain sensitive; sound a little underwhelming with Hiby RS6 (where Bonneville sounds great)…but with HA-3A & Bifrost2 they are absolutely stellar and really hard to put down
  • Beautiful design with excellent build quality - CA really do make some of the best looking IEM’s IMHO
  • These are a great partner / compliment to Bonneville; they sound sufficiently different while retaining that wonderful CA engagement & warmth. My playlist has been EDM dominated with Supermoon where the speed, detail, bass and coherence makes them shine.
Another great IEM from CA that, like Bonneville, represents incredible value for money. Thank you Campfire Audio team!

Now, about that design….
P1077139.jpeg

P1077134.jpeg

P1077213.jpeg

So glad you're enjoying them! Wonderful pictures as well!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 5, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #504 of 1,104
153074.jpg

Sounding just amazing .... fast, punchy and yet controlled .. amazing detail and resolution!

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #505 of 1,104
...for those of us who are Emerald Sea lovers, what are your tips of choice? I've been using Sennheiser IE pro silicon tips - I'm loving them, as well as some Acoustune AET07s...but curious what other users enjoy. They are very tip sensitive!

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #507 of 1,104
Anyone have a strong positive or negative views on the Saber?
They are incredibly beautiful (if not one of the most beautiful ever done by CFA based on personal preferences) and there are few deals around that are good value for money from my perspective. They wear comfortably. Bass are really good and there is a bit more lower and higher mids compared to the typical CFA. Detail are good despite that highs are not that prominent ... an intimate presentation stage-wise
You would get a sound with great body but not overly sparkly to my ears..

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #508 of 1,104
They are incredibly beautiful (if not one of the most beautiful ever done by CFA based on personal preferences) and there are few deals around that are good value for money from my perspective. They wear comfortably. Bass are really good and there is a bit more lower and higher mids compared to the typical CFA. Detail are good despite that highs are not that prominent ... an intimate presentation stage-wise
You would get a sound with great body but not overly sparkly to my ears..
Thanks for the feedback 👍🏻

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #510 of 1,104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back