Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 3, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #481 of 1,408
Indeed the Dorado 2020 is an underrated gem and one of the most uniquely satisfying IEMs out there. I really hope CFA tries something else with ceramic down the road as the acoustic properties are really exceptional.

As for me I'm loving he Bonneville today. Along with the Trifecta my all time favorite Campfire.

55F6912D-CCCF-4542-8037-82F601EBBF03.JPEG
You may not have the Dorado 2020 anymore, but can you compare the Bonneville bass & treble to the Dorado 2020? Is the Bonneville bass less boomy than Dorado? Is the Treble more elevated than Dorado 2020?

Feb 3, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #482 of 1,408
Not directed towards me but Bonneville is essentially a larger, more grandiose sounding Dorado 2020 but with better extension in the treble, more even mids, more refined across the board as well as much, much better timbre than Dorado 2020 IMHO

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #483 of 1,408
Hey folks, we have a couple of more sought after models added to the Market site this weekend, with 15% off sitewide. Great chance to nab one of them if you've been looking.

Some of the highlights are:

Andromeda 2019 (2)
Andromeda 2020 (1)
Solaris OG (1)
Solaris 2020 (1)
Solaris SH (3)

Plus low quantities of Ara (including the last A-stock unit!), Saber, and Dorado 2020.

The site will take an additional 15% off of the list price at checkout.
Tempted to get back a Solaris 2020 .... sold mines a while ago and I am feeling seller remorse..

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #484 of 1,408
Tempted to get back a Solaris 2020 .... sold mines a while ago and I am feeling seller remorse..
There's a shrink ray in that lot :wink: (i believe its a mini 2020 in OG color)

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #485 of 1,408
There's a shrink ray in that lot :wink: (i believe its a mini 2020 in OG color)
Thank you for flagging it. There are also two Shrink Ray on ebay of which one has an unrealistic price while the other one is tempting. (not discounting that it is safer to buy from CFA Market than eBay).
Nonetheless, ... I would prefer it black

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #486 of 1,408
Hey folks, we have a couple of more sought after models added to the Market site this weekend, with 15% off sitewide. Great chance to nab one of them if you've been looking.

Some of the highlights are:

Andromeda 2019 (2)
Andromeda 2020 (1)
Solaris OG (1)
Solaris 2020 (1)
Solaris SH (3)

Plus low quantities of Ara (including the last A-stock unit!), Saber, and Dorado 2020.

The site will take an additional 15% off of the list price at checkout.
I was looking for an OG Solaris this week...this is right on time.

Feb 4, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #487 of 1,408
So Supermoon arrived this week. My 2nd Chromatic series IEM after receiving Bonneville last month. A few initial thoughts after 3-4 days of listening;
  • TLDR; authoritative, highly resolving, punchy, fast and engaging…I love them
  • Initially sounded a little thin and dry…lots of tip rolling and they’ve changed dramatically (Final E / Azla Sedna…but still experimenting)
  • Pretty balanced but the sub-bass slam & texture & speed is particularly noteworthy
  • Awesome technical performance & resolution
  • Chain sensitive; sound a little underwhelming with Hiby RS6 (where Bonneville sounds great)…but with HA-3A & Bifrost2 they are absolutely stellar and really hard to put down
  • Beautiful design with excellent build quality - CA really do make some of the best looking IEM’s IMHO
  • These are a great partner / compliment to Bonneville; they sound sufficiently different while retaining that wonderful CA engagement & warmth. My playlist has been EDM dominated with Supermoon where the speed, detail, bass and coherence makes them shine.
Another great IEM from CA that, like Bonneville, represents incredible value for money. Thank you Campfire Audio team!

Now, about that design….
P1077139.jpeg

P1077134.jpeg

P1077213.jpeg

Feb 4, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #488 of 1,408
Wow no crackling with a 12AU7 + 6V6 OTC tube amp? That's definitely not normal for a Campfire IEM, but planars love OTC tube amps in general :) Wish I had tried the Supermoon with the Bifrost 2 / Midgard Halo setup that I have at work and check how much it scales with that stack as well

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #489 of 1,408
Wow no crackling with a 12AU7 + 6V6 OTC tube amp? That's definitely not normal for a Campfire IEM, but planars love OTC tube amps in general :) Wish I had tried the Supermoon with the Bifrost 2 / Midgard Halo setup that I have at work and check how much it scales with that stack as well
No crackling whatsoever. Superb synergy. Powerful, huge stage, bass for days, texture and speed 👌. I need this in DAP form please, thanks 😄

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #490 of 1,408
No crackling whatsoever. Superb synergy. Powerful, huge stage, bass for days, texture and speed 👌. I need this in DAP form.

It's gonna take a while for DAPs to reach 2A3/300B SET levels of sound quality, but hopefully we get there someday :)

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #491 of 1,408
So Supermoon arrived this week. My 2nd Chromatic series IEM after receiving Bonneville last month. A few initial thoughts after 3-4 days of listening;
  • Initially sounded a little thin and dry…lots of tip rolling and they’ve changed dramatically (Final E / Azla Sedna…but still experimenting)
  • Pretty balanced but the sub-bass slam & texture & speed is particularly noteworthy
  • Chain sensitive; sound a little underwhelming with Hiby RS6 (where Bonneville sounds great)…but with HA-3A & Bifrost2 they are absolutely stellar and really hard to put down
  • Beautiful design with excellent build quality - CA really do make some of the best looking IEM’s IMHO
  • These are a great partner / compliment to Bonneville; they sound sufficiently different while retaining that wonderful CA engagement & warmth. My playlist has been EDM dominated with Supermoon where the speed, detail, bass and coherence makes them shine.
Another great IEM from CA that, like Bonneville, represents incredible value for money. Thank you Campfire Audio team!

Now, about that design….
P1077139.jpeg

P1077134.jpeg

P1077213.jpeg
How you compare with boneville ?:)

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #492 of 1,408
Feb 4, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #494 of 1,408
How you compare with boneville ?:)
So please bear in mind, limited time with Supermoon. Both are very dynamic, engaging, energetic and balanced with fantastic coherence.

Where there are differences IMHO;
Bonneville; More analog sounding, thicker, warmer, more mid-bass focused, bigger soundstage, more resolving but not by much
Supermoon; A little bit thinner, a bit brighter / more forward treble / upper mids, faster, more sub-bass focused, more slam

If I could only keep one it would be Bonneville. It’s an absolute steal. Supermoon is superb too though, but for me not quite as versatile.

As always, YMMV 👍🏻

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #495 of 1,408

Now, about that design….
P1077139.jpeg

P1077134.jpeg

P1077213.jpeg
HA-3A 4.4 output? That's so encouraging =D still, rated at 8 Ohms in low gain for supermoon at 15 Ohms Not sure it would work with the EVO or Solaris/Andros though :'( Trifecta is 6.6 Ohms as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back