Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 18, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #226 of 1,255
IMG_9294.jpeg
I’ve exercised (ran, lifted weights, mat exercises) every day for 3 years with the Andromeda 2020. I know. Not the designated use-case scenario. They’re used, but I still love them, same as the day I got ‘em. I clean them and put them in their pouch when I’m done with another HiFi workout. The surface patina reminds me of great bikes I’ve had the privilege to own. I don’t remember their cosmetics, I just miss the bike. Heirloom-quality work Campfire 🔥

Love to hear this! It's always awesome to hear people are getting so much mileage and enjoyment from our products. Seeing them put to the test and keep on rocking is really valuable for us in terms of seeing our work hold up to the test of time. Thanks so much for sharing!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 18, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #227 of 1,255
Received a new pair of Campfire Trifecta 'Astral Plane' earlier today. Thanks to @Bloom Audio for their excellent customer service as always.
Initial impressions are wow!
All those positive adjectives that you see about this IEM are true, it is really engaging and reminds me of an old school 2 channel Hi-Fi speaker system.
Really special pairing with the WM1ZM2 for the kind of music I like.
Thinking about getting one more DAP just to switch the sound up a little, but this pairing is an instant winner for my 'desert island' combo.

IMG_0534 (1).jpeg
PS sorry to those who don't like messy desks
Only problem is not enough enough fountain pens on the desk :wink:

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #228 of 1,255
2X2A1777.jpg

The Holocene (along with firmware modded Sony A55) have become my go-to set for long commutes. Sounds great with every genre in my library.

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #229 of 1,255
So here I am with Trifecta in my ears. Of all the many, many IEMs I’ve had the privilege of listening to, this one never gets boring. As others have said, this IEM has so much emotion. It’s beautiful.

Quick question for you guys, what are your personal impressions on Ponderosa? On the Campfire product page, it is described as crisp and analytical. However, a few members here consider them to be a warm set. What other CFA IEMs would you compare it to?

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #231 of 1,255
So here I am with Trifecta in my ears. Of all the many, many IEMs I’ve had the privilege of listening to, this one never gets boring. As others have said, this IEM has so much emotion. It’s beautiful.
100% agree. For me the Trifecta was one that I unfortunately couldn’t go demo somewhere locally.
Lots of time and money passed buying a bunch of different headphones and IEMs
Had I just tried this one first, I’d only own one pair right now it's that good

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #232 of 1,255
Coming from a drier sounding 64 Audio house sound, the trifecta would’ve been a significant change in the sonic presentation! Enjoy those delicious texture in the notes that you’ve been missing out :)

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #233 of 1,255
2X2A1777.jpg

The Holocene (along with firmware modded Sony A55) have become my go-to set for long commutes. Sounds great with every genre in my library.
I’m curious, I currently own the Holocene but have been intrigued by the Bonneville. Since you have both, what makes you choose the Holocene over it? I love the Holocene but I don’t know what else I might be missing with the newer CFA IEMs.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #236 of 1,255
Finally got around to listening to a few of the newer CFA offerings.

I acknowledge there has been a loyal following.

All IEM’s were auditioned using the stock 4.4mm cable out of the store SP3000 via ROON.

Trifecta: 3 dynamic drivers. Associated impact and closest IEM I’ve heard resembling a closed, dynamic driver headphone. It is different. But that’s not necessarily in a good way. Polarising and played poorly with orchestral pieces or tracks where the sub-bass and low mids leads to a loss of clarity elsewhere. Those who have worked a sound desk may understand the analogy that boosting mid frequencies can muddy instrumentals or vocals higher up - and an overall lack of cohesion. It didn’t really get much better from that. There is an associated forwardness and for want of a better description - power - to the delivery that was interesting to listen to. But if I wanted DD characteristics, I’d reach for my Focal Utopia. Treble wasn’t terrible. We had a brief discussion in store whether it reminded us of the Focal Stelia though not at the same level.

I’m going to call it as it is. I just don’t understand the hype. Or the CFA tuning. I don’t love it. And the price point at RRP was staggering. I had not placed it on audition alone in that price tier.

I also don’t understand why they would include (and charge for) two headphone cables with 3.5 and 4.4mm terminations. Are there many people who buy kilobuck IEM’s that would use the 3.5mm Preferentially?

Bonneville: Again, somewhat bloated presentation And tuning. Piano timbre didn’t sound right. BA timbre more noticeable than I recall in my Andromeda. My initial comments was it would appeal to those who enjoy Beats DRE headphones. I’ll acknowledge that may be a lot of people

Supermoon: Just a tad too bright in the mids. Planar. Raised an eyebrow. Didn’t mind them but not for me. Reminds me a tad of the Ara in tuning. Though it’s been a long time since I heard it.

Ran out of time. My favourite CFA remains the Andromeda 2020.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #237 of 1,255
@CFA Chris and @KB I want to say to the Campfire Team what a joy it's been to receive and use your products.
I've been fortunate enough to be given several Campfire IEMs in exchange for an honest review.
I never take this privilege for granted and am hugely grateful and appreciative for this :)
Every single time I've been sent one of your IEMs I've been blown away by the quality of the workmanship. I've enjoyed the artwork and packaging and the obvious love and attention to detail that goes into these products.

But most of all, it's the sound. Oh, the sound :heart_eyes:
Whilst Campfire can do 'delicate with a tinge of musicality and warmth' very beautifully (as I still remember from demo'ing a friend's green Andromeda years ago - an impression that stuck in my memory ever since), it's your more muscular, assertive, unashamedly Western tunings that have really blown me away.

The level of technical performance is always excellent, but it's the SOUL of the earphones that continues to bring such joy to me every time I listen to them.
As a lifelong music lover, I've lost track of how many times my heart has ached (or my jaw has ached from grinning like a madman!) from hearing songs I know and love, infused with so much emotion, musicality and power.

I've still not heard the Bonneville. I only had a brief listen to the Supermoon and Trifecta at the London CanJam, but was wowed by the Supermoon and utterly enchanted by the Trifecta at first listen and dying to hear more! 😆
I personally can't wait to see (or rather, hear!) what Campfire have in store for the year ahead; it's been a hell of a journey and I believe you're only just getting started :wink:

All the best to the team at Campfire Audio and all the fellow fans here :beerchug:

Dorado.jpg

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #238 of 1,255
Whilst I'm at it, I'd like to also be the first here to give a heartfelt shout-out to another Campfire Audio product that I believe has really not received the love and praise it deserves. Step forward the Saber!

Of the Campfire Audio products I've reviewed so far, I'd actually rank this as my second favourite!

For the comparatively very reasonable asking price, I was hugely impressed by the performance on offer from this IEM.
The technical performance is outstanding at this price point, and the sound signature was an utter delight.
I loved the slightly elevated upper mids, which seemed something quite new for a DD-based Campfire IEM and which added something very different compared with the various other Campfire IEMs I own.
Again, it was just a joy to listen to and it is a credit to this IEM that it still gets occasional listening time to this day, even when I'm fortunate enough to have IEMs in my collection costing $1k - $4.5k. And aside from all that, the Damascus steel finish was beautiful!

Please Campfire, don't forget this gem. Would love to see an updated model, or see you taking some of the tuning ideas and Damascus steel shell design, and using them in a new product :)

Saber.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #239 of 1,255
We're glad to be back! Really looking forward to joining folks as CanJam(s) this year! :beerchug:
will you have a have a "full-fat" stand at CanJam London 2024? Felt the one in 2023 was a little "light", with only a few IEMs on display

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #240 of 1,255
As far as I am aware, the people who were exhibiting the Campfire Audio products at London CanJam (Hifi-Headphones) are no longer a dealer for Campfire.
So I too am very much hoping that Campfire will come and exhibit directly this year :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back