Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 28, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #406 of 1,310
May not be, depends if the crossover/drivers are wired in series or parallel. Radon 6 for example is 26 Ohms? E-stats usually make large impact on sensitivity though (which CFA doesn't implement). I know ThieAudio stuff just soaks up current with their Estat implementations.
I found the Bonneville to much less sensitive, thus easier to set volume than my Andromeda. Wouldn’t be surprised if it has higher impedance, which is a good thing. The Andro can drop all the way to 4ohm in the bass, making source matching a nightmare.

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #407 of 1,310
FedEx, worst shipping service ever. Didn't even attempted to deliver my Bonneville. Campfire please switch to DHL where I can actually waive the signature release option. Fedex won't let me do that option which is the worst thing when you're actually at work on the time they deliver, or NEVER EVER put a stupid signature required. Now my package might be even sent back to you guys since FedEx will just keep delivering to my house when the time nobody's home
Max insurance value by default with FedEx is $250usd. To insure a package for more you need to select signature service (which they of course charge for, they even charge more for Adult Signature over regular signature 🤦🏻) but that is likely the FedEx issue.

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #408 of 1,310
I found the Bonneville to much less sensitive, thus easier to set volume than my Andromeda. Wouldn’t be surprised if it has higher impedance, which is a good thing. The Andro can drop all the way to 4ohm in the bass, making source matching a nightmare.

29 ohms. I was using 40/150 on my SP2000 DAP and now I'm at 50/150 with the Bonneville

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #409 of 1,310
Max insurance value by default with FedEx is $250usd. To insure a package for more you need to select signature service (which they of course charge for, they even charge more for Adult Signature over regular signature 🤦🏻) but that is likely the FedEx issue.

That's what sucks about them in my personal opinion.
I've received Items for Singapore (Effect Audio and Eletech) through DHL and I always have that option to have signature release. That way, I can just pick the item up during my lunch hours without the need to be present at the time of delivery

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #410 of 1,310
What nightmare sources have you run into prior?

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #411 of 1,310
What nightmare sources have you run into prior?
Balanced to single ended => different sound. Swap cable, different sound. Plug to nintendo switch since I forgot other IEM => harsh, hiss, no bass :dt880smile:

This IEM demands perfection on the source side

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #413 of 1,310
Monarch is not UM, but Thie Audio.
Yes I worded that poorly. I meant to say no UM at all, and the Monarch is out just because I tried it and mine was defective. But yes they are separate brands but I just wrote a terrible sentence.

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #414 of 1,310
Balanced to single ended => different sound. Swap cable, different sound. Plug to nintendo switch since I forgot other IEM => harsh, hiss, no bass :dt880smile:

This IEM demands perfection on the source side

Bonneville specs is pretty deceiving at 29 ohms (yeah almost same as normal mainstream earphones at 32 ohms) since IME it's just as sensitive as Andromeda to whatever cable and DAP chain you plug it in, and it's also still very susceptible to output impedances and current/voltage drive interaction at those low impedances. Like the Andromeda, it has an affinity to sound great on DAPs that deliver these current drives at very constrained voltage level. I guess you can somewhat get better drive on voltage driven sources such as a desktop amp with an impedance adapter such as iFi IEMatch, but I still think they sound best on DAPs with those current drive at low voltage sources.

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #415 of 1,310
Bonneville specs is pretty deceiving at 29 ohms (yeah almost same as normal mainstream earphones at 32 ohms) since IME it's just as sensitive as Andromeda to whatever cable and DAP chain you plug it in, and it's also still very susceptible to output impedances and current/voltage drive interaction at those low impedances. Like the Andromeda, it has an affinity to sound great on DAPs that deliver these current drives at very constrained voltage level. I guess you can somewhat get better drive on voltage driven sources such as a desktop amp with an impedance adapter such as iFi IEMatch, but I still think they sound best on DAPs with those current drive at low voltage sources.
Just need someone with a Questyle M15 to compare CMA to Voltage OPA :wink: and see the power draw via dongle. I think there's an app on Android that monitors usb output.

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #416 of 1,310
1706392276109.png

Bonneville, just wow! Not just nicely done, ridiculously well done!
Very glad to hear that you're enjoying them! Very sorry to hear about the shipping troubles. Unfortunately, we have to require signatures on high-value products for a variety of reasons.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 29, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #417 of 1,310
Very glad to hear that you're enjoying them! Very sorry to hear about the shipping troubles. Unfortunately, we have to require signatures on high-value products for a variety of reasons.
Just 2 reasons :wink:
1) Fraud ("I never received my IEMS!" process a refund!)
2) Insured shipping requires it (porch pirates/actual loss in transit)

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #418 of 1,310

No worries! I don't mind it anymore once I got to listen to my bae!

I'm still super impressed with how refined sounding Bonneville is overall. There's an uncanny smoothness with lots of resolution that is not very common to hear on other IEMs I've tried. Easily the best DD implementation I heard so far. This translates to a very non-fatiguing, high end sound quality level despite its bombastic and fun sound signature!

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #419 of 1,310
Just had an epiphany: I just realized that this refinement from Bonneville reminds me of electrostatic headphones technical aspect

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #420 of 1,310
No worries! I don't mind it anymore once I got to listen to my bae!

I'm still super impressed with how refined sounding Bonneville is overall. There's an uncanny smoothness with lots of resolution that is not very common to hear on other IEMs I've tried. Easily the best DD implementation I heard so far. This translates to a very non-fatiguing, high end sound quality level despite its bombastic and fun sound signature!

Thanks for understanding! I totally agree with your assessment here. For my tastes, Bonneville checks so many boxes. The first time I heard it it instantly became a top-5 CA IEM for me.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back