Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #4,413 of 5,394
What are you looking to trade for the Vega?
I was fortunate enough to have two Iphone X's in our household. My primary sources are mobile phones. Currently I use the G6 with QDAC. Iphone(and every apple product) just doesn't cut it. So I thought of trading my Iphone X , new and still sealed in box for a Vega.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #4,414 of 5,394
Guys the weirds thing happen to me tonight....I got electrocuted with the Vega tonight....Right now, i have the IFI audio ICan and iTube + Mojo..... Seriously, its hurt a big time....I get my shoes on. and it was fine..... so weird !!
I keep getting electrocuted when i put my feet on the ground....I'll contact them to know, what they can do about that..... so annoying..

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #4,418 of 5,394
I've also try my Fiio F9 with a metal housing....and no problem..
Maybe the Vega gave you superpowers you are not yet aware of.

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #4,421 of 5,394
That is kind of crazy. I have never heard of an IEM doing that before.
I never have this problem with any of my IEM connecting to the IFI amp before.... K3003, IE800, and some other with metal housing. Campfire reply me they will look into it, if i can send to them the VEGA... Let's see. Just really sad, because this combo sound heaven. For now, i'm just keeping it simple Hugo+AK70.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #4,422 of 5,394
When you're on PTO, and waiting for Vegas, Sony ZX300, and 4.4 Ref8 cable to arrive...

Upgrading from a SE535 + Mojo combo thanks to a holiday bonus. While the Mojo is a more recent acquisition, I've stuck with the SE535 for almost 8 years. The ears are itching for something new. Have been following this thread with great interest!

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #4,423 of 5,394
When you're on PTO, and waiting for Vegas, Sony ZX300, and 4.4 Ref8 cable to arrive...

Upgrading from a SE535 + Mojo combo thanks to a holiday bonus. While the Mojo is a more recent acquisition, I've stuck with the SE535 for almost 8 years. The ears are itching for something new. Have been following this thread with great interest!
OMG, I want the ZX300!!! I hope you report back with how you like it.

As for going from SE535 to Vega, if you haven't listened to Vega before, you'll be blown away at the whole new ballpark of sound you just entered.

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #4,424 of 5,394
Ive just received the vega, and even considering myself as a bass head, this little beast has to much of it (IMO). To me, the bass line volume ending interfering on the whole music.
Another point to be noticed, I have some beautifully recorded live sessions (studios, shows etc) that on vega lost all their space signature, Eg. Hoodoman blues SACD from Analog Productions, on my SE846 or even K3003 its possible the hear the studio room that Buddy Guy and Junior Wells are recording.
Ive read somewhere the vega really needs burn in, despite the fact that Im not a burinin believer , lets give it a 200hs try.
By the way, I listened to it on sony ZX2, Chord Mojo, Red wine audio AK100II and Note 8. Tried as many tips as could, from foam complys to audio techincas silicones, JVCs spiral dots.

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #4,425 of 5,394
Ive just received the vega, and even considering myself as a bass head, this little beast has to much of it (IMO). To me, the bass line volume ending interfering on the whole music.
Another point to be noticed, I have some beautifully recorded live sessions (studios, shows etc) that on vega lost all their space signature, Eg. Hoodoman blues SACD from Analog Productions, on my SE846 or even K3003 its possible the hear the studio room that Buddy Guy and Junior Wells are recording.
Ive read somewhere the vega really needs burn in, despite the fact that Im not a burinin believer , lets give it a 200hs try.
By the way, I listened to it on sony ZX2, Chord Mojo, Red wine audio AK100II and Note 8. Tried as many tips as could, from foam complys to audio techincas silicones, JVCs spiral dots.

Give it another go after 100+ hrs of burn in, you'll be a believer then!

Edit: I also was not a huge fan of pairing Vega with Mojo. Best I heard it was out of a DX200 with Amp 3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back