Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jul 28, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #4,051 of 5,394
Morimoriya 62, I see that you have Campfire Audio Vega and Andromeda. Which do you like better? And why?

I like both ,Andromeda mid forward music on your face and Analytical slightly better sepertion and wider stage than vega with greater trible and airy .
On the other hand Vega drag you to music .better resolution and 3D stage with strong bass impact ,mid are full but lack back in comparison with Andromeda .
Andromeda more hiss and louder .I like vega because sound stage very special for me.

I just happened to come across this thread as I have the Vega on a loan atm. Besides that I have the Andromeda for some months now.

To my ears the Andro has the more balanced and detailed signature of the 2. The Vega has very impressive lows though and to my ears even a slightly more 3D soundstage than the Andromeda, which could be due to its more V shaped signature.
With my Opus #1 and Plenue 1 I prefer the Andro, but with the LPG I absolutely prefer the Vega. They turn into some holographic little beasts => Vega + LPG = truly amazing synergy! :ksc75smile:
Btw, Spiral Dot tips worked best for me on both models.

I love the Vega! It's crazy how Ken was able to pack that amount of quality sound into such a tiny enclosure!
Haha, you're totally right about that. The first time I saw them, I thought: 'Gosh, these are some small shells.'
But once I started to listen I thought: 'Dang! Does this sound really come out of these?' and my jaw just dropped to the floor :grin:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #4,053 of 5,394
I decided to jump on the vegas. I couldn't wait any longer on my TA hunters so i put in my return to put credit into these. Coming from my TF10's, im expecting quite a large upgrade. I am super excited.
Good thing you got yours. People still fighting for refunds with credit card disputes and fraud disputes and paypal disputes with TA.

Jul 30, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #4,054 of 5,394
Good thing you got yours. People still fighting for refunds with credit card disputes and fraud disputes and paypal disputes with TA.
I actually only just asked after putting in my payment for the vega. It was a defective one on arrive, so i am making the assumption that they wouldnt have issues refunding that.... I just couldnt wait any longer since i shipped mine to them and they should have been delivered on the 15th, but supposedly they werent there on that day so they told me they had them redelivered on the 21st... and i havnt heard anything back from them... no communication at all. So i just decided to throw my towel in.

But anyways either way, i'm excited to hear a TOTL iem of this decade haha

Jul 30, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #4,055 of 5,394
I actually only just asked after putting in my payment for the vega. It was a defective one on arrive, so i am making the assumption that they wouldnt have issues refunding that.... I just couldnt wait any longer since i shipped mine to them and they should have been delivered on the 15th, but supposedly they werent there on that day so they told me they had them redelivered on the 21st... and i havnt heard anything back from them... no communication at all. So i just decided to throw my towel in.

Enjoy your vegas!!! :ksc75smile:
I have no doubt they would put the Hunter IEMs into the hunted and put it on an afterburner.

Aug 2, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #4,057 of 5,394

You will not be disappointed!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #4,058 of 5,394
I just received my Vegas! I need some burn in, put in about 2 hrs of listening. Still trying to find the right tips and fit.

One thing to note, wow what energy. There's a certain texture that i find unique and transparent. Im excited to see how it turns out after the burn-in.

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #4,059 of 5,394
I just received my Vegas! I need some burn in, put in about 2 hrs of listening. Still trying to find the right tips and fit.

One thing to note, wow what energy. There's a certain texture that i find unique and transparent. Im excited to see how it turns out after the burn-in.
Awesome! So excited for you!

That "sound" that you're so in love with? As it burns in, it will continue to blossom.

The sound is just... life changing.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #4,060 of 5,394
That's that magic of the Vega. I like hearing about that.

I just got into Goldfrapp this year after purchasing Silver Eye. I was checking out tales of us after you mentioned it and Jo's melody has been in my head all week cuz of it.

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet on that album sometime in the future cuz I can hear the emotion that I know the Vega is going to immerse me with once I hook it up to my Rig. That's what I love about it. It brings out the essence of the music so well and when you have an artist like Goldfrapp who knows how to evoke emotion just right it's so fluid and effortless.

And you have the Mojo... Must be dreamy:darthsmile:
Turn the volume up as high as you can bear and prepare to let the cello break your heart into a billion pieces. This artist is a perfect match to be played on Vega.

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #4,061 of 5,394
It's finally getting the praise it deserves a people are waking up to the "lesser" DD model in the Campfire range. I think you will be very happy with your purchase.
I hardly ever make posts on Head-fi anymore. The Lyra 2s are friggin amazing with the Mojo/Fiio X5II stack I am pairing with them. I moved on to the speaker world I now have a system based on Ascend Sierra 2s and two 15 inch Rythmik subs. But now I am travelling the Lyra 2s have been a blessing. I am echoing all the comments here. They are detailed and liquid in the midrange with bass to spare. The highs are naturally extended but never sound like they want to tear your ears apart. Fabulous! I am listening right now and cant think of anything else to say. Loss of words. I will keep enjoying!!!

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #4,062 of 5,394
I hardly ever make posts on Head-fi anymore. The Lyra 2s are friggin amazing with the Mojo/Fiio X5II stack I am pairing with them. I moved on to the speaker world I now have a system based on Ascend Sierra 2s and two 15 inch Rythmik subs. But now I am travelling the Lyra 2s have been a blessing. I am echoing all the comments here. They are detailed and liquid in the midrange with bass to spare. The highs are naturally extended but never sound like they want to tear your ears apart. Fabulous! I am listening right now and cant think of anything else to say. Loss of words. I will keep enjoying!!!
Yay another one! :k701smile: Enjoy!!! That's the power of the stars going into your ears right now.
It's like eating a great steak over a campfire.

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #4,063 of 5,394
Turn the volume up as high as you can bear and prepare to let the cello break your heart into a billion pieces. This artist is a perfect match to be played on Vega.

That is beautiful. The emotion...

Reminds me of this track...

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #4,064 of 5,394
gmai
That is beautiful. The emotion...

Reminds me of this track...

Oh, that's real nice!

There are a couple of spots in Ripple I'd like you to listen for and see how they make you feel. Just after 2:40 and 3:05 the body of the cello has what I would describe as an increase in amplitude that immediately expands to fill the soundstage. I only truly notice/feel it when I've already pushed the volume up quite loud. It's a pretty spectacular moment for me. And the emotion from that song is just... wow. The whole album is a reference to the big quake in Japan and the nuclear plant.

Also, are you a Shpongle fan? They just released a new track from their forthcoming album. It's kick ass:

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #4,065 of 5,394
Here are some free songs from Slow Meadow to draw out some
gmai

Oh, that's real nice!

There are a couple of spots in Ripple I'd like you to listen for and see how they make you feel. Just after 2:40 and 3:05 the body of the cello has what I would describe as an increase in amplitude that immediately expands to fill the soundstage. I only truly notice/feel it when I've already pushed the volume up quite loud. It's a pretty spectacular moment for me. And the emotion from that song is just... wow. The whole album is a reference to the big quake in Japan and the nuclear plant.

Also, are you a Shpongle fan? They just released a new track from their forthcoming album. It's kick ass:

That is trippy stuff. I have checked them out and they have been on my radar and I would have liked them in my early days of going down the rabbit hole, but doing so changed my preference to slower music.

Your previous song made me revisit Slow Meadow again so I checked them out to see if they had any new releases and they have some free stuff if anyone is interested (found some other free stuff by others as well)...

Wish I could find some more free stuff for fellow music lovers, but I don't even know if any of this stuff hits anyone's preferences, but just in case here they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back