Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 28, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #3,361 of 5,394

Here's a new cable for my Vega. If any of you ever felt the vega to be forward, or closed in, you owe it to yourself to try it out with the truth cable from Dita. Highs are better extended yet smoother, soundstage is considerably expanded and the bass is tighter and hits harder. I didn't even get this much improvement when I added on the mojo to my setup. And yes, I'm smiling so widely :)

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #3,363 of 5,394

Here's a new cable for my Vega. If any of you ever felt the vega to be forward, or closed in, you owe it to yourself to try it out with the truth cable from Dita. Highs are better extended yet smoother, soundstage is considerably expanded and the bass is tighter and hits harder. I didn't even get this much improvement when I added on the mojo to my setup. And yes, I'm smiling so widely
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you for providing a picture, but it doesn't look like the Truth MMCX cable posted on the Dita website.  Did you order directly from Dita?  The MMCX cables on the website appear to have a 45 degree angle for the connectors.  I also noticed that they are sold out of one of the two MMCX cables as well.

More importantly, I'm curious if you were able to compare this cable to the ALO Ref8 cable?

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #3,364 of 5,394

Here's a new cable for my Vega. If any of you ever felt the vega to be forward, or closed in, you owe it to yourself to try it out with the truth cable from Dita. Highs are better extended yet smoother, soundstage is considerably expanded and the bass is tighter and hits harder. I didn't even get this much improvement when I added on the mojo to my setup. And yes, I'm smiling so widely
smily_headphones1.gif

How are the ergonomics in terms of flexibility/stiffness and microphonics?

TIA

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #3,365 of 5,394
There are Two variants of the mmcx, the straight ones and the 45 degree ones unless I am much mistaken. Yes this was straight from them :)

They are much less tangly and stiff than the early truth cables but they are not the softest cables that is for sure. Rather they are kinda springy. For the sound though, I would put up with it any day. It's just that good.

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #3,367 of 5,394
There are Two variants of the mmcx, the straight ones and the 45 degree ones unless I am much mistaken. Yes this was straight from them :)

They are much less tangly and stiff than the early truth cables but they are not the softest cables that is for sure. Rather they are kinda springy. For the sound though, I would put up with it any day. It's just that good.
Did you get the silver or copper version?

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #3,368 of 5,394
  This is the one thing that worries me on Vega.  I ended up not getting Lyra II off massdrop because I was worried it would be too laid back(BUT at the same time thats what drew me too it.) and not be a step up enough from the LZ-A4(crazy right?).   Ugh-kinda wish I just stuck with LyraII and gave it a chance

Have you tried the Vega with the iPhone7 using its dongle?

Nobody laugh but ZuperDac is a usb amp/dac that has a low volume floor but and you will likely need to have volume at 80% to get what you need(I find 45-50% works well for me but I prefer low volume listening)

ZuperDac is nice and no bigger than a thumb drive.  You can use the   Apple  camera connection kit with to without usb3 and the portability is still there.  Its on Massdrop for ~65.
I find battery usage can be a bit high...but I am streaming music from spotify and using the web and my screen brightness will vary.  If I use spotify offline, battery usage is less.
I do not think it compliments the sound signature out of my LZ-A4

Will it be a perfect solution for the Vega, idk but for on the go, I think it works good.  I think it is, at least as good as dragonfly black and since ? better since has less bright affect on sound than dragonfly red from what I read.

So I broke down and decided to order the Vegas today -- curiosity overwhelmed me. I must say the people over at Campfire are absolutely great! I'll report back the differences over the weekend --- then again once proper burn- in has been achieved.

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #3,369 of 5,394
If it's of any consolation my wife asked me how much the pair of second hand TH-900 was that I'm eyeing on line...I lied...I've told her $600 (AUS$) instead of the $1000 the guy is asking...she hit the roof and threatened to go on holiday on her own...mmmm...what to do...

Came on this several day old thread and picked up the Aussie dollar reference. I find myself reporting prices that I pay in US dollars (ie $600), but prices I receive for selling in Aussie dollars... (ie $800)...

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #3,371 of 5,394
  Ordered a pair of Vegas yesterday, tried the Andromeda and they were just too "technical"??? sounding for me. Everything was precise and detailed and crystal clear but there was no soul to the music and I really wanted the bass to come alive. Sold the Andromeda and will be anxiously awaiting the Vegas in the mail. My wallet does not thank you enablers but my ears will.

This was my exact sentiment, I can't take the anticipation for my Vegas to arrive.

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,372 of 5,394
So I broke down and decided to order the Vegas today -- curiosity overwhelmed me. I must say the people over at Campfire are absolutely great! I'll report back the differences over the weekend --- then again once proper burn- in has been achieved.

Awesome. Can't wait to hear how you like the Vega

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #3,373 of 5,394
Just got my dap and feeding from the WM1Z to the Vega.. only did a half hour listening session (first time using both) and very impressed so far. Warm, engulfing, impactful (is that a word?) and overall enveloping. It's kind of planar-esque in its presentation. So far so good.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #3,375 of 5,394
Just posted my CA Vega review HERE.  Will be up on Head-Fi in a few days as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back