Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Feb 21, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #2,866 of 5,394
i said by to my shure se846 just now my finger keep crossing on cm vega
recently i find my self heavy bass head same time looking for end game i am really confused
i can stretch till 2k my concern dont want to change my iem often do you think is there anything
better then cm vega under 2k ?????
i am thirstyyyyyyyy........

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #2,867 of 5,394
Did you check the Head-Fi BassHead thread? 
i said by to my shure se846 just now my finger keep crossing on cm vega
recently i find my self heavy bass head same time looking for end game i am really confused
i can stretch till 2k my concern dont want to change my iem often do you think is there anything
better then cm vega under 2k ?????
i am thirstyyyyyyyy........

Did you check the Head-Fi BassHead  IEM thread? 

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #2,869 of 5,394
I was about to purchase some replacement Comply foam tips. What is the correct size to fit the Vega, the T-500's?

Also, I noticed that they have different types of the foam tips available. Isolation, Comfort and Sport. Probably wouldn't get the sport since I will definitely not be using the Vega to workout (lol).

But between the Isolation and Comfort are there any sonic differences?

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #2,870 of 5,394
I was about to purchase some replacement Comply foam tips. What is the correct size to fit the Vega, the T-500's?

Also, I noticed that they have different types of the foam tips available. Isolation, Comfort and Sport. Probably wouldn't get the sport since I will definitely not be using the Vega to workout (lol).

Believe the T400's fit the Vega?

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #2,872 of 5,394

I don't know about different sound...  I have tried the regular, which is isolation I think, and the sport and the only real difference was that the sport wasn't very comfortable...  But didn't get ruined by sweat as much.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #2,873 of 5,394
My Dorado is with Comply T400. T400 is a bit thinner than stock foam

Believe the Dorado's can also take the T500's while the Vega's need the T400's. The Dorado's have thicker nozzle due to the 2 BA's of its hybrid design, so the T400's might take a bit more of a stretch to put on. Cheers

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #2,874 of 5,394

I purchased the T-400 Comfort series size small out of curiousity for the Vega, but they are so bulbous I can't comfortably wear them [insert irony here]. I would definitely recommend the Isolation series if you are looking into Comply tips.

Feb 22, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #2,875 of 5,394
ok when I heard that the vega and dorado are made with dynamic drivers in mind ive already expected that the bass will be good but damn I was still unprepared on the quantity of bass present.

A/Bed with the ASG2.5  and boy the vega offers a similar bass effect (albeit slightly lower) but at the same time I felt like the mids and highs were tarnished in the process. Perhaps this is the limit of a single dynamic driver. In the age of balanced armatures, Im really surprised campfire went with this design on their flagship model.

On the other hand ASG2.5 has fantastic bass but most owners would know when bass ports are at 100% the treble is slightly muted but the other frequencies are never compromised a la vega.

Feb 22, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #2,876 of 5,394
ok when I heard that the vega and dorado are made with dynamic drivers in mind ive already expected that the bass will be good but damn I was still unprepared on the quantity of bass present.

A/Bed with the ASG2.5  and boy the vega offers a similar bass effect (albeit slightly lower) but at the same time I felt like the mids and highs were tarnished in the process. Perhaps this is the limit of a single dynamic driver. In the age of balanced armatures, Im really surprised campfire went with this design on their flagship model.

On the other hand ASG2.5 has fantastic bass but most owners would know when bass ports are at 100% the treble is slightly muted but the other frequencies are never compromised a la vega.
Ofcourse when its 100% open but have it 40% open and add a good cable and the 2.5 will out match them. Still the Vega is a very nice iem.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #2,878 of 5,394
Ofcourse when its 100% open but have it 40% open and add a good cable and the 2.5 will out match them. Still the Vega is a very nice iem.

Never owned the 2.5 and the Vega at the same time, but the 2.5 were my first "real" mid-fi or higher IEM so spent a good while with them as my main IEM and while the mids and bass were fantastic, I'm leaning towards the Vega for overall SQ at the moment. There's just something about the sound and the substance it has that takes it a notch above in my head.

As always, this is just a subjective opinion from memory, so YMMV and all that.

On a separate note, just managed to pick up a Questyle QP1R for £400 on Fleabay (fingers crossed it's not a scam or a dud!) - parole seem to be a bit mixed on the synergy with the Vega, so anyone here have any experience with that pairing?

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #2,879 of 5,394
I still own the asg g2 and 2.5,and have had the g2 for years. The Vegas are better SQ, but the asg have more bass and much more when fully open. I'm waiting on a new pair of the 2.5s do to a head to head comparison, although I already know the outcome. I prefer the Vega sound, just wish it had asg bass levels.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #2,880 of 5,394
Last week to enter. http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2017/01/alo-audio-and-head-pie-continental-v5.html?m=1

44dedd51861c406bd67818eb9c538282.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back