Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Feb 20, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #2,851 of 5,394

I think people mostly get it for their ergonimics bcos it's so light. I didn't notice any sound changes, and it tangles like a mofo. The newer SuperBax might be what you're looking for instead for sound improvement.

How funny that a question about these cables, because I got the demo unit last week on Friday. Currently, I'm letting my ears adjust before switching to my various cables I own. First impressions are they are amazing. I really don't feel like I'm wearing any cables. At the same time, I feel like I'm not missing out on anything. Listening to violin pieces, since I do play violin personally, the sound is quite excellent. Nothing wierd nor restraint. Just as with anything, as I scale up the quality of the recording and mastering it really does sing.
Though to say the least, the stock cable on the Vega is pretty good.

Noted and noted!

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #2,853 of 5,394
Stock cable is ok but not great.

Would you consider the Ref 8 to be a decent upgrade? I'm pretty happy with how the Vegas sound coming out of the Mojo, however I can't help wonder if there's anything to be gained from getting another cable.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #2,854 of 5,394

I think people mostly get it for their ergonimics bcos it's so light. I didn't notice any sound changes, and it tangles like a mofo. The newer SuperBax might be what you're looking for instead for sound improvement.

SuperBax should be great, but it's been a long time coming not available yet last time I checked...

Quote:

Would you consider the Ref 8 to be a decent upgrade? I'm pretty happy with how the Vegas sound coming out of the Mojo, however I can't help wonder if there's anything to be gained from getting another cable.

Yep definitely a more than decent upgrade (to me). The Litz *is* very good already but you get quite a bit of extra everything layering, extension, micro dynamics

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #2,855 of 5,394
*Stares longingly out window waiting for FedEx to deliver Vegas

I envy you.  That was truly an unforgettable day.  Your audio journey is about to change for better and for worse.  The worse part is you might be ruined for other IEMs in the future.  A small price to pay for sound so engaging it wraps you up in a bass blanket and cuddles your eardrums.  Good luck!

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #2,856 of 5,394
hey bro

comp between vega and it03: in regards to bass, mids, high and soundstage

comp between vega and sony ex800st : in regards to bass, mids, high and soundstage

bro you nearly have all new totl 

Bro more than 10 words needed to describe the comparisons :)

This is your homework for tonight as a punishment for spending too much money otherwise I will have a serious talk with your mrs

Lol... More than 10 words?? You know I keep it short and sweet. More than 10 words will be a difficult task for me.

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2,857 of 5,394
@KB Hey Ken! I just wanted to suggest giving Vince/Hisoundfi a chance to review your Vega/Dorado/Lyra II. His reviews and comparisons are very in-depth and I think it could help sway a lot of people on the fence so they know which product is right for them (me included of course) 
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #2,858 of 5,394
I envy you.  That was truly an unforgettable day.  Your audio journey is about to change for better and for worse.  The worse part is you might be ruined for other IEMs in the future.  A small price to pay for sound so engaging it wraps you up in a bass blanket and cuddles your eardrums.  Good luck!

"Bass blanket" I started playing some of my favorite songs on them and thought that my eq was turned on, then when I checked my eq, it was off and I have been smiling like an idiot ever since, I won't give impressions until after I burn them in but I listened to a song with some deep chello and I swear I could feel the strings vibrating

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #2,860 of 5,394
Lol... More than 10 words?? You know I keep it short and sweet. More than 10 words will be a difficult task for me.

ok then here we go i gotta talk to ur mrs

i warned you bro :wink:

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #2,862 of 5,394
@KB
 Hey Ken! I just wanted to suggest giving Vince/Hisoundfi a chance to review your Vega/Dorado/Lyra II. His reviews and comparisons are very in-depth and I think it could help sway a lot of people on the fence so they know which product is right for them (me included of course) :p
trust twister6 since he has the flagships of many brands, hence a more critical review. He has the Zeus R and HUM Pristine for example 2 highly sought after iems for their SQ :wink:

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #2,865 of 5,394
Probably not. I have the uBer Too cable for the Ref 1 Too and I'll probably use my Beat audio Virginia for the Ref 1 OG. I'll keep the Ref 8 for the Vegas. Plus, I'd have to get the cable reterminated for the 2 pin configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back