Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 12, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #1,861 of 5,394
thanks ! i have the FLC8S right now , how do these compare? anyone have any ideas?  FLC8 is kinda uninspiring to me right now, i also have the cosmic CE6Ps but they broke in a fall, and may or may not get them fixed....again...

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #1,862 of 5,394
twister6: I'm actually not sure which Whiplash cable of was. It had a lot of Whiplash having on it, but I didn't see anything identifying which Whiplash cable it actually was. I didn't try the Whiplash cable with LPG, just with Opus #1, either. No scientific experiments this time around. Just listening for fun :thumbsup:

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #1,863 of 5,394
thanks ! i have the FLC8S right now , how do these compare? anyone have any ideas?  FLC8 is kinda uninspiring to me right now, i also have the cosmic CE6Ps but they broke in a fall, and may or may not get them fixed....again...

Just from memory, the Lyra II has a richer sound, but less treble emphasis. It's less sparkly, but has more weight and substance to the notes, and a really smooth delivery (detail level is actually pretty high though).

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,864 of 5,394

What combination are you using with the FLC8S?

I have the Vega, U10, and FLC8S.

With the red, grey, gold combo I find nothing lacking compared to the other two. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #1,865 of 5,394

Most of my top cables are 2pin, unfortunately.  Otherwise, I would have loved to hear it with TWau and Thor II+.

Ahh what a pity
frown.gif

Good to know, I am going to have my TWau re-cable by Ted tommorrow. Unbelievable price and very fast. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #1,866 of 5,394

Good to know, I am going to have my TWau re-cable by Ted tommorrow. Unbelievable price and very fast. 

Yeah, he does great work and doesn't hassle about working on cables made by other companies!

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #1,867 of 5,394

Most of my top cables are 2pin, unfortunately.  Otherwise, I would have loved to hear it with TWau and Thor II+.

Ahh what a pity :frowning2:

If you bought SACD-Man Whiplash TWau original cable and need to change termination, why would you send it to Ted for re-cabling and void your warranty? Did you contact Craig to see how much it would cost?

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #1,868 of 5,394
Album 1) cleopatra - lumineers... first 3 songs of this album I love, thing is the recording style sounds life like to begin with so vega should in theory sound unreal with this album

Confirmed.   The guitars have a visceral quality to them.  Vocals are very intimate and full.   The bass drum hits with authority but sounds pretty tame compared to other tracks, probably how it was recorded given Vega's handling of bass generally.  I don't know if it will blow your mind, since I don't know your mind.

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #1,869 of 5,394
you never owned over $100 IEM before Vega? that's a huge leap, i'm still stuck around $500 range and hesitating to jump over $1k line...

​It's all started with Jalo. I think someone in this forum said that Jalo poisoned me and I didn't really believe. Now I do and in a way, he did poison me. In fact, I made a purchase not only the Vega, I also purchased the Mojo, the iBasso IT03, and the Massdrop Noble X, all in about 2 days span. I'm so tire of reading from you guys comparing between all the IEMs and I got nothing to compare to except my Vega to what, my crappy Jaybird? I'm not gonna let that happen. Am I getting the membership card to you guys' club yet or still some more IEMs and DAPs to go?

I'm not rich by any means. I'm just a CPA and making no more money than most of you here. I don't know what's going with me in the past few weeks but reading these forum threads and it started to kill me inside so I need to make it happen. The wife will sure be piss tho' but at least I got these good IEMs to block her noise out right? Any advice on the good eartips that could do that?

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #1,870 of 5,394
Confirmed.   The guitars have a visceral quality to them.  Vocals are very intimate and full.   The bass drum hits with authority but sounds pretty tame compared to other tracks, probably how it was recorded given Vega's handling of bass generally.  I don't know if it will blow your mind, since I don't know your mind.
the track sounds pretty superb to my ears through my pm4. No doubt from your description, vega would be pretty mind blowing...

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #1,872 of 5,394

​It's all started with Jalo. I think someone in this forum said that Jalo poisoned me and I didn't really believe. Now I do and in a way, he did poison me. In fact, I made a purchase not only the Vega, I also purchased the Mojo, the iBasso IT03, and the Massdrop Noble X, all in about 2 days span. I'm so tire of reading from you guys comparing between all the IEMs and I got nothing to compare to except my Vega to what, my crappy Jaybird? I'm not gonna let that happen. Am I getting the membership card to you guys' club yet or still some more IEMs and DAPs to go?

I'm not rich by any means. I'm just a CPA and making no more money than most of you here. I don't know what's going with me in the past few weeks but reading these forum threads and it started to kill me inside so I need to make it happen. The wife will sure be piss tho' but at least I got these good IEMs to block her noise out right? Any advice on the good eartips that could do that?

Hahhah.. That has been my experience joining headfi..  you will get a membership card and it comes in multiple hole form in your wallet.. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #1,874 of 5,394
Has anyone compared Vega to MH335DW? I'd love to hear the impressions

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #1,875 of 5,394
Has anyone compared Vega to MH335DW? I'd love to hear the impressions
I haven't compared side by side, but they sound very different. The bass of the Vega has more air movement due to the dynamic driver. The 335 bass is more like a wave, the Vega is tighter. The 335 are smoother and less forward sound, the Vega have a more aggressive approach. Treble on the 335 is also smoother. Really different approaches to sound they are both on the warm side.

This is purely from distant memory so take with a block of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back