Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 18, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #48 of 5,394
  I loved the Andromeda, the bass is tight and discrete but sometimes I wish there is more but the Andro sound is just so fine and beautiful and pristine from top to bottom.  My U12 probably has the most bass but I am missing the airy high too much.  I am excited about the Vega and expect it has more bass than the Andro.  The single dynamic driver without any crossover should give me a very smooth and balance sound presentation with bass slam to go with it.  If Jude is only half right that the Vega can bring me into that recording room I might never leave. Recently I started to warm up to the dynamic driver sound in iems and I am a sucker of high technology "Liquid alloy metal, non crystaline diamond dynamic driver" someone please help me.

The product description forgot to mention it also comes with 50% more cowbell.

I look forward to hearing these tomorrow.  Yeah, tomorrow.  I jump on bandwagons like nobody's business and only buy one-way tickets on the latest hype trains, but my therapist says I'm making real improvements.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #49 of 5,394
Quite serious how long to wait?
For the new 3 latest models

To be determined.

Believe the first set of Vegas is already spoken for, with more on the way. Response has not surprisingly been very strong.

Ken is also headed to Tokyo for the show this weekend, so he has to bring a number with him there as well.

If Jude's reaction is matched by those in Tokyo, the order list could get long quite quickly.

Once more people hear the Dorado I also predict they'll get tight in supply as well.

Cheers

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #50 of 5,394
I have and love the Orions. I kept waffling on whether I should upgrade to the Andromedas and now that the new ones are out I could not resist the Vegas. It's nice to see a new TOTL dynamic IEM, especially one utilizing advanced materials. The Dorado seems like it would be a nice buy too but the chance to get a flagship IEM with no crossover at all meant the Vegas were the ones for me.

The website still says in stock so I hope that means I won't be stuck waiting.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #52 of 5,394
I have and love the Orions. I kept waffling on whether I should upgrade to the Andromedas and now that the new ones are out I could not resist the Vegas. It's nice to see a new TOTL dynamic IEM, especially one utilizing advanced materials. The Dorado seems like it would be a nice buy too but the chance to get a flagship IEM with no crossover at all meant the Vegas were the ones for me.

The website still says in stock so I hope that means I won't be stuck waiting.

Interesting fact on the Dorados that might impact your thinking: "We did not put a low pass filter on the dynamic driver so our dynamic driver is also emitting HF, this is not a conventional approach when using dedicated HF drivers." This means the Dorados do change with burn-in as the dynamic and BA drivers align in the HF freqs, with the dynamic settling in nicely with several days of playing. This type of out-of-the-box thinking is part of what makes Ken and his teams' products so good IMO. Cheers

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #53 of 5,394
Interesting fact on the Dorados that might impact your thinking: "We did not put a low pass filter on the dynamic driver so our dynamic driver is also emitting HF, this is not a conventional approach when using dedicated HF drivers." This means the Dorados do change with burn-in as the dynamic and BA drivers align in the HF freqs, with the dynamic settling in nicely with several days of playing. This type of out-of-the-box thinking is part of what makes Ken and his teams' products so good IMO. Cheers

Oh, I'm sure the Dorados sound terrific. But I'm a sucker for single drivers, my 2-channel speakers are single driver, I currently have the Orions that are single driver, and I love the CA sound. So their new flagship being a single dynamic driver almost means it was tailor made for me!

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #56 of 5,394
I'm sad these weren't at RMAF to try :anguished:

Yeah, Ken had to make an active decision to not go to RMAF this year in order to focus on getting these three new IEMs across the finish line and also prepare for the Tokyo show this weekend.

As much as those of us in the US like to think that we lead the world in things in general, I've been told by various manufacturers that we come in third or fourth as a market for HF-stuff behind China, Japan and the rest of Asia (including HK) - with all of Europe being then behind the US. Again, rough numbers/generalizations, but you then can understand why companies like ALO can prioritize preparing for shows like the Autumn Tokyo Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival. (http://www.head-fi.org/t/816432/2016-autumn-tokyo-fujiya-avic-headphone-festival-october-22-23) 

Cheers 

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #57 of 5,394

The product description forgot to mention it also comes with 50% more cowbell.

I look forward to hearing these tomorrow.  Yeah, tomorrow.  I jump on bandwagons like nobody's business and only buy one-way tickets on the latest hype trains, but my therapist says I'm making real improvements.
rolleyes.gif

It's too late for me, I think I am in the first class seat on this hype train.  If luck has it, I will receive my Vega tomorrow.  Yea, liquid metal, I think I am the new terminator T3.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #58 of 5,394

Oh, I'm sure the Dorados sound terrific. But I'm a sucker for single drivers, my 2-channel speakers are single driver, I currently have the Orions that are single driver, and I love the CA sound. So their new flagship being a single dynamic driver almost means it was tailor made for me!

Had a long talk with Ken, the Dorados sounds like could be a great pair of iems with a dynamic low and two BAs in the high and it has a lively character.  However, I have high hope for the Vega as there is more technology that went into it.  Normally with single driver my concern is whether it can cover the entire frequency range adequately.  I asked Ken about the upper end of the frequency range and where the upper range ends or rolls off and he said there is a little bump around 13 khz and after that it kind of rolls off.  I thought that is good enough for me if the Vega can extend through 13 khz, I'll be fine. I also understand the Vega has very good control bass, resolution, and very organic like presentation.  It is available now but hard to say after next week the Japan show.  I understand that unlike what Jude indicated in the video that the Vega is the new totl, the Andromeda is still more precise, accurate, and a little bit more airy. The Vega is just a different phone.  Well we'll see.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #59 of 5,394
  Had a long talk with Ken, the Dorados sounds like could be a great pair of iems with a dynamic low and two BAs in the high and it has a lively character.  However, I have high hope for the Vega as there is more technology that went into it.  Normally with single driver my concern is whether it can cover the entire frequency range adequately.  I asked Ken about the upper end of the frequency range and where the upper range ends or rolls off and he said there is a little bump around 13 khz and after that it kind of rolls off.  I thought that is good enough for me if the Vega can extend through 13 khz, I'll be fine. I also understand the Vega has very good control bass, resolution, and very organic like presentation.  It is available now but hard to say after next week the Japan show.  I understand that unlike what Jude indicated in the video that the Vega is the new totl, the Andromeda is still more precise, accurate, and a little bit more airy. The Vega is just a different phone.  Well we'll see.

I appreciate that instead of just jamming more and more BA drivers in and driving the price up, Ken is experimenting with new tech, new approaches, and changing the sound of the different IEMs in the CA line so that each product holds its value.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #60 of 5,394
I appreciate that instead of just jamming more and more BA drivers in and driving the price up, Ken is experimenting with new tech, new approaches, and changing the sound of the different IEMs in the CA line so that each product holds its value.

Also the TOTL one is very affordable for some of us average joe here on the forum, not like 64 audio with their outrageous prices on their new TOTL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back