Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 18, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #16 of 5,394
  Vega added to shopping cart and order complete.  This was a no brainer.  There is really no IEM technology substitute for an incredible dynamic driver.  Thank you Ken for letting me give you my money!

biggrin.gif

wow that was quick
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #18 of 5,394
@Jude can you possibly talk a little bit about how vega scales up with various sources? How comparable it is with kse1500 in terms of bass speed and micro detailing? Many thanks.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #19 of 5,394
  wow that was quick
tongue.gif

I'm a huge fan of Campfire Audio and I'm going to heed Ken's previous post of ramping up operations.  Read: I don't have enough for everyone!  So my assumption is that these will sell out rather quickly and I'm not about to wait.  Does that sound crazy?  Yeah, that's why I'm here.

They are up on the CampfireAudio.com site.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #20 of 5,394
@Jude can you possibly talk a little bit about how vega scales up with various sources? How comparable it is with kse1500 in terms of bass speed and micro detailing? Many thanks.

I can't talk about the Vega (yet) but the Dorado scales incredibly well. Out of my iPhone it was good, but out of the AK100/Mojo/CV5 stack it was unfriggin'-believable. Would be confident the Vega will scale just as effectively as well. Cheers 

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #21 of 5,394

I'm a huge fan of Campfire Audio and I'm going to heed Ken's previous post of ramping up operations.  Read: I don't have enough for everyone!  So my assumption is that these will sell out rather quickly and I'm not about to wait.  Does that sound crazy?  Yeah, that's why I'm here.

Yep - https://www.campfireaudio.com/shop/vega/

And I would agree that they'll be limited, due to 1) Ken having to ramp up, 2) Jude's glowing review, and 3) the Tokyo Fall show this weekend where the Vega/Dorado/Lyra II will be premiered. 

Mr. Ball has just made a lot of work for himself... 
wink_face.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #24 of 5,394
Well well, just read the whole webpage for the vegs and as soon as I read slightly forward midrange my eyes lit up!

Very curious how this will stack up against zeus/zeus R offering with their new Adel tech! Reviews and comparisons cant come quick enough man!

I don't understand what would make a single driver so special etc as the tech talk flies straight over me, but that vega seems like a luxury beast! Wonder how it would fair with my mojo??

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #25 of 5,394

I'm in the same boat as you. I had to place the order as soon as I could. I was saving the money for the W80, but when I saw the news about the Vega it was an easy choice. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #26 of 5,394
Dorado looks gold in colour – is that correct?

Correct.

EDIT - Actually, in looking at them in different light sources and angles it's between gold and a light copper - kind of a rose goldish.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #27 of 5,394
I have the means to purchase a true TOTL IEM and EE and ALO really stand out to me. I've liked the impressions of the Andro for so long man. I want universal and ALO provide really tough construction aswell as appear to be an awesome company to deal with! That vega has really got me interested. I'll wait for impressions and how it stacks up against Andro.

Would a single driver really be able to output exceptional sound and dynamics etc across the full spectrum? Sorry for my ignorance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back