Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Nov 3, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #826 of 5,394
Nothing more haha. I prefer the Live version more than the original, being able to pick out where each member on stage is. Having different headphones place you in different distances in the crowd.

You are absolutely correct right there...

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #827 of 5,394
  My order has been "processing" for six days even though my payment posted to them four days ago. They told me yesterday that they're hoping to ship them by the end of this week. 

That's too bad.

Well, I am impatient too and disappointed that I missed the last items in stock, but I think the Vegas are worth the wait from what I have been reading :)
I'd rather wait than rushed production and getting a defective pair especially with the customs.

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #829 of 5,394
This.

I think that preference plays a huge part here. I just auditioned the Andromeda, Lyra II and Vega.

I don't think that the Vega has any significant qualities that jump out at you upon first listen, apart from the heftiness of bass. With critical listening however, the Vegas begin to shine. It's perhaps the first IEM I've heard so far where the bloominess of bass doesn't add any veil to the midrange. Quite peculiar. Sense of space is also top-notch, not in the traditional airiness and enormous stage sense, but in terms of excellent layering, separation and imaging. I also feel that the instrument timbre of the Vega is superb, much in line with the rest of their lineup.

Many IEMs are designed/tuned in a way that leave a strong first impression (wow-factor?) due to a particular aspect of its sound signature. Sustainability of this impression notwithstanding, it often doesn't correlate to the technical competency of the IEM as a whole. 'Holistic' evaluation is key, instead of surgically dissecting and isolating each particular trait sonic trait, classifying them under some ranking system. The CA Vega is IMO one such IEM that examplifies this. Bass aside, it does a number of things subtly very well.

That being said, the signature of the Andromeda appeals the most to me, and would no doubt be my choice if I decided to go for a pair of expensive IEMs. Vega had some HF peaks that didn't tickle my fancy. Overall bass was also a little too much for my tastes. As mentioned -- a matter of preference.

We are now getting closer to the truth, thanks for your input. I will audition these when they became available near me. I am as previously stated inclined to the Andromeda so far due to the larger sound-stage and slightly lesser bass. Regarding comfort though which did you prefer, I know that this question is somewhat redundant due to our ears all being different although your experience will be noted.

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #831 of 5,394
I had the Andromeda on loan for about five days. I liked it a lot but never pulled the trigger on one for myself. When the Vega was announced, I decided to order it and if I didn't like it, I would return and exchange for an Andromeda. I have had no desire to return the Vegas, let alone to take them out of my ears. Still debating whether it's worth it to get an Andromeda for variety or if the Vegas are all the IEM I need.

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #832 of 5,394
I've tried both, bought the Vegas. I found then both comfortable. From memory I think Vegas may have been a little better. Can't say for sure.

Due to the Vegas being a little smaller no doubt.
  I had the Andromeda on loan for about five days. I liked it a lot but never pulled the trigger on one for myself. When the Vega was announced, I decided to order it and if I didn't like it, I would return and exchange for an Andromeda. I have had no desire to return the Vegas, let alone to take them out of my ears. Still debating whether it's worth it to get an Andromeda for variety or if the Vegas are all the IEM I need.

Because they sounded great or wearing very comfortable?
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #834 of 5,394
Nov 3, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #835 of 5,394
I have the Vega and I have the Andromeda and I feel very complete:wink: when I am tired of the heavy hitting of the Vega, I'll put on the Andro and feel the breeze:wink:

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #837 of 5,394
I have the Vega and I have the Andromeda and I feel very complete:wink: when I am tired of the heavy hitting of the Vega, I'll put on the Andro and feel the breeze:wink:

I read this this morning and thought 'wth, he is dead wrong!'.

But todays listening ...to my suprise has revealed that you are quite right.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #838 of 5,394

I read this this morning and thought 'wth, he is dead wrong!'.

But todays listening ...to my suprise has revealed that you are quite right.

Hi Jalo and ExpatinJapan, By this do you mean you don't prefer the Vega for long listening sessions?

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #839 of 5,394
I can listen to both for a looonnggg time.

I havent got tired of the Vegas yet and even fell asleep on the train a few times with the Vega in.

But yes the Andromeda is warmer and rounder.

I love them both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back