Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 23, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #5,015 of 5,394
Mar 23, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #5,016 of 5,394
  • How very odd, I’m of the thinking the K10s are beautifully balanced and poised. They do lean on the south, low end heavy south side of neutral for those (like myself) like it that way. They also have a musicality all their own and superb detail retention - the latter of which could be mistaken for background messiness I suppose.

I listen to a lot of electronica (progressive trance, UK bass, techno, D&B, etc) hence O should have re-auditioned the Vegas before commiting to the K10s.

I do have the Shure SE846s to choose from too but their noted treble roll off is highlighted when listening after having the K10s in.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #5,017 of 5,394
My CA Cascade review is up.

Why I mention it here is within the review I brieflycompare the stock litz to the SXC-8 cable that has been mentioned here often.
(With Vega, Andromeda and a few others).

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-cascade.22951/reviews

Its about halfway into the review, afte the Cascade sound section.
Nice review Expat, seriously thinking of getting the Cascade. Looking forward to London CanJam to try em out. Absolutely loving the Campfire sound and Dx200(Amp 4 is on order) with Amp 3 at the moment. :smile_phones:

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #5,019 of 5,394
I’m lovin’ it (them...the Cascade)

I know that feeling. The Cascade is the closest I've come to the Vega sound in an over-ear can - even though they don't sound exactly the same (if that makes sense).

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #5,020 of 5,394
Makes perfect sense. :)

Cascade = Vega/Dorado with a touch of Andromeda -but moar.

An AB with them both shows the basic differences. I guess its a headphone vs iem thing.

Love em both. And Andromeda of course!

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #5,022 of 5,394
I honestly didnt like the vega very much on first listen and for maybe a few weeks after. I thought it was too dark. But then I tried the spiral dots and wow everything has changed. They are very addicting and cant stop listening to them. Im repeating what others have said, try as many tips as possible.

I am selling mine for that very reason. If you want to listen to electronic music it is amazing. For everything else the Andromeda is better

Mar 25, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #5,024 of 5,394
I still can't get over how sexy the Lyra II is...

MXPtHEZl.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #5,025 of 5,394
I am selling mine for that very reason. If you want to listen to electronic music it is amazing. For everything else the Andromeda is better
My friend has a similar viewpoint. I mainly use the Vegas when in the gym (weights) listening to electronic music. My friend has the Andromedas and has promised to bring them over one evening for a listen. (for cardio I use a Bluetooth setup, and when seated I use full sized headphones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back