Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 19, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #4,981 of 5,394
Try JVC Spiral Dots. I've always got a great seal with these, even when all other tips failed me.
+1. And I go 1/2 size larger with spiral dots. If you are normally M then get ML Spiral Dots. IMHO spiral dots i.e. a wide bore go well with Lyra II.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #4,982 of 5,394
+1. And I go 1/2 size larger with spiral dots. If you are normally M then get ML Spiral Dots. IMHO spiral dots i.e. a wide bore go well with Lyra II.

Might be a case just for me, but I find M to be perfect for most of my IEMs and MS for those that have deeper nozzle. (I generally use M size eartips.)

I personally found all DD iems from CA to sound the best with Spiral Dots. If there are those who haven't tried yet, go get one now. lol

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #4,983 of 5,394
Might be a case just for me, but I find M to be perfect for most of my IEMs and MS for those that have deeper nozzle. (I generally use M size eartips.)

I personally found all DD iems from CA to sound the best with Spiral Dots. If there are those who haven't tried yet, go get one now. lol
I also prefer spiral dots with DD iems. I prefer spin fits with BA iems.

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #4,986 of 5,394
Try 150 hours. That's what they really need.
Think I’m finally passed the 150hr mark (stopped counting at 100hr) and yep, fantastic.
Thought I’d better have a listen to my trusty Andromeda the other day and had a horrible feeling I might not like em as much anymore considering how much fun the Vega are. Well, the Andromeda still put that stupid grin on my face. They are so addictive, listened to em for three days even though I have newly burnt in Vega’s to play with.
Like I said over on the Andromeda thread, I’m much happier spending nearly £2k on these two than £2k+ on one pair of seemingly better iems. The only trouble I have now is, choosing which one to listen to.
:L3000:

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #4,987 of 5,394
@Watermelon Boi and SLC1966
Ok, got it: Spiral Dots or death :beerchug:
Actually I'm quite happy with my Auvio tips, much cheaper and they don't create a funky seal that messes with my ear drums when walking around. Sitting still they are fine. Maybe I just need a MS, instead of the Medium. Tennmak Whirlwinds work great too. Spiral Dots are good but way too expensive for what they are

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #4,988 of 5,394
Actually I'm quite happy with my Auvio tips, much cheaper and they don't create a funky seal that messes with my ear drums when walking around. Sitting still they are fine. Maybe I just need a MS, instead of the Medium. Tennmak Whirlwinds work great too. Spiral Dots are good but way too expensive for what they are

You probably have to get MS, that happens when the eartips you're using are too big for your ear canals. JVCs are expensive but way worth it. :)

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #4,990 of 5,394
@Watermelon Boi and SLC1966
Ok, got it: Spiral Dots or death :beerchug:

in the same boat.. new Lyra II and cant get a good fit with any of the supplied tips.. ordered the Spiral Dots and waiting for the to come in.

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #4,991 of 5,394
Try going up a size in tips. I found with my Vega (same size as the Lyra II) that I needed a larger tip. So on the Andromeda I use a Medium but need the Large on the Vega.

Mar 21, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #4,992 of 5,394
in the same boat.. new Lyra II and cant get a good fit with any of the supplied tips.. ordered the Spiral Dots and waiting for the to come in.

Are there many models like Comply (200, 400 etc)?
Right now I'm using the biggest (single flanged) silicone earbuds from RHA T20. Added slightly more bass and they did make a perfect seal.
Never been a Comply fan BTW.

EDIT: listening to "Yellow Brick Road" by Angus & Julia Stone right now and everything is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #4,993 of 5,394
740F41B8-836E-4E57-B61B-5F7B2A4A02B8.png

Heres a size guide. I bought the lot.

I find my ear canal size goes small and large winter to summer
and also different in ears/iems sometimes need different sizes.

I also find i need a larger tip on my left ear, and one size down on my right to get a proper seal.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #4,994 of 5,394

I also find i need a larger tip on my left ear, and one size down on my right to get a proper seal.

I've tried Dorado achieving perfect fit with stock earbuds so my point is that maybe for our own earcanals bigger/different earbuds are needed to compensate for the shorter nozzle length of Lyra II and alike.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #4,995 of 5,394

LOL I have noticed that too, my left ear will sometimes seal fine with a tip but my right ear won't seal with the same size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back