Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jun 25, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #3,976 of 5,394
I am not sure if my Vega is working fine. I was running audio tests through it.

Can someone please confirm track "1000 Hz" by Qitup on Spotify with their Vega? I took off both tips and holding both buds in one hand played track in loop. Closed each bud one at a time with my thumb. Right bud sounds brighter and forward than the left one. Tidal has 1000hz sinus test and again left and right bud tones are different. For sinus maybe there's a difference but if it is stereo, my earbuds may be bad :frowning2:((

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #3,977 of 5,394

Can someone please confirm track "1000 Hz" by Qitup on Spotify with their Vega? I took off both tips and holding both buds in one hand played track in loop. Closed each bud one at a time with my thumb. Right bud sounds brighter and forward than the left one. Tidal has 1000hz sinus test and again left and right bud tones are different. For sinus maybe there's a difference but if it is stereo, my earbuds may be bad :frowning2:((
If I do the above test with Andromeda, left bud sounds brighter. So it is opposite of Vega:/

I am using the same output and litz cables on both. holding both channels same level and direction.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #3,978 of 5,394

Try this link and see how the tests go

soundtests_headphones.php

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #3,981 of 5,394
I A-B'd same tracks between Andromeda and Vega. Vega definitely pans right, off center in high frequencies. Low frequencies balanced. I asked Campfire to replace them. I'm still within 14 days. I hope they will help me :/ if it wasn't Andromeda, I wouldn't have noticed this. I actually first thought this was normal :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #3,982 of 5,394
I did this one. I've tried sweep (driver matching). Sound comes centered but at higher frequencies, especially 10khz last part is panning right? Maybe it's all in my head.
I'm glad I could help.

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #3,983 of 5,394
Hi All, how would you describe the resolution and separation on Dorado and Lyra II?

I am using AKG N40 right now, and while I am really satisfied with the separation, I can tell some details are missing if I do not turn up the volume.
So I wonder if Dorado or Lyra II are better at this aspect.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #3,984 of 5,394
I haven't tried the Lyra II, but I did demo the Dorado and the detail retrieval is top notch. When I tried it I was specifically looking for something that could handle and articulate a high level of detail, and it did so effortlessly IMO, especially in the upper frequencies with what is covered by the Dual BA's.

The Dorado uses the same Dynamic Driver as the Lyra II for the lower frequencies, which for my specific standards for high detail for the bass, was sufficient.

But I don't think you are going to get as much detail in the Bass as you are with the Vega and especially with the Andromeda, which is an all BA unit and will provide the highest amount of detail for the bass and overall sound signature.

The one thing I will say about the Lyra II and especially the Dorado, and any CA IEM TBH, is that you have to make sure the sound signature is what you want. It is a TOTL price and a TOTL IEM that does amazing work, but the second you EQ that sound signature the synergy that gives it its beauty will deflate substantially, since it is so intricately/sophisticatedly tuned.

IMO, unless you know the Dorado is what you're looking for, I always recommend going with the TOTL models. But that mentality does overshadow the other models that do hold their own in their own way and it depends on what hits home for you IMO, which is something that the various tunings that are so intricately tuned allow for for the various preferences.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #3,985 of 5,394
Hi All, how would you describe the resolution and separation on Dorado and Lyra II?

I am using AKG N40 right now, and while I am really satisfied with the separation, I can tell some details are missing if I do not turn up the volume.
Not heard the N40, but I can confirm both the Dorado and Lyra II have very good resolution - the Lyra II is slightly more laid back up top than the Dorado, but still presents a lot of sonic refinement in the tuning - I don't think you will be disappointed with a lack of details on either IEM, although my preference leans towards the Lyra II.

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #3,986 of 5,394

I don't consider Dorado a strong example of detail and resolution.

http://theheadphonelist.com/the-fearful-rumble-of-war-drums-a-review-of-the-campfire-audio-dorado/

Dorado's strength is in smoothness and musicality. It's one of the very best at this.

If you want a DD IEM that excels in clarity, resolution, and separation, take a look at HIFIMAN's new RE800.

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #3,987 of 5,394
The Dorado can definitely handle high detail, though I wouldn't say strongly either. But I tested it with my highest detailed electronic music and it presented with no graininess and no problem, but I will say that it isn't "articulated" detail. If you want a Campfire Audio IEM with Articulated detail retrieval, the Andromeda is really good.

The Vega handles detail very well for a DD, but again, if you want articulated detail, a BA is the way to go and the Andromeda is the champion in CA.

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #3,988 of 5,394
Thanks all. And I've tried Lyra II and Dorado last weekend. First thing I noticed is that Dorado is easier to drive. The treble on Lyra II is more laid back. I cannot tell any significant difference between the bass of the two, maybe dorado's bass decay a bit quicker but I am not sure. Both separation are good. The resolution is decent, not the best but it does not have a very big sound stage either so that would be enough. Overall I like Dorado more because the high and vocal is brighter that I do not have to be focus to hear them.
Also I just spotted a decent second-hand offer of Dorado. The last thing I am worried about is the noise isolation tho. The store I tried was not that noisy and Dorado was having spinfit tip which was too long to get a good seal, so I could not really test the noise isolation. And I do want some better isolation than my current AKG N40.

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #3,989 of 5,394
JVC Spiral Dots isolate very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back