Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Sep 28, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #421 of 474
@RBYRER oh man, dynamics are too big of an idea for me to consider in terms of what Supermoon is doing. The performance and recording create the loudness, silence and dynamic ranges in between. Supermoon is more than less showing me the dynamics that are there in the track.

I don’t think an aftermarket cable does much audible that I can identify. Maybe cable differences matter a little or a lot. But I can’t A-B effectively enough to know. I’ve spent a lot of money wondering. But I’ve never convinced myself I can hear cable differences.

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #422 of 474
@RBYRER oh man, dynamics are too big of an idea for me to consider in terms of what Supermoon is doing. The performance and recording create the loudness, silence and dynamic ranges in between. Supermoon is more than less showing me the dynamics that are there in the track.

I don’t think an aftermarket cable does much audible that I can identify. Maybe cable differences matter a little or a lot. But I can’t A-B effectively enough to know. I’ve spent a lot of money wondering. But I’ve never convinced myself I can hear cable differences.
Thanks for sharing your initial impressions and your take on what I think I am hearing on my set . I still love my Supermoon for what it brings to the table and I want to let you know again that I am so impressed with what you did with yours . I wish you the best with your Supermoon .

Oct 11, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #423 of 474
Just got my hands on the Deluxe "Chromatic Series" UIEM version of these. Easily one of CA's best units yet. The tuning is similar to the Solaris Stellar Horizon with a bit less clarity and treble extension, but the Solaris' much less comfy fit and complete lack of pressure venting make it the inferior of the two. Compared to the Andromeda 2020, the Supermoon has less forward mids and far superior bass detail and extension.

Still not impressed at all with the "Dimensional Folding" case which does effectively nothing to actually protect the IEMs. The "Time Stream" cables look and feel premium, even more so than the ones that came with the Solaris, though quality control appears to be an issue. Out of the three included cables, two seem to have their earhooks molded backwards:

IMG_0400.png

(yes, the channels are correctly labeled on all three)

Oct 14, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #424 of 474
Just a quick DIY trick, if you struggle with too slippery Nozzles where the Tip just doesn't want to stay. (like on Supermoon)
I found tiny rubber bands at a dentist, where they are used to be applied on braces for slow pulling.
In my case, they fit perfectly around the inside of the tip. The tip has way better grip now. Please use this trick on your own risk. Maybe in some weird scenario the tip falls off, the rubber band detaches itself and stays in the ear channel. I happily use it like this and find the worst case scenario unlikely to happen.
And btw. I am a huge fan of Supermoon for classical music. Haven't heard anything better yet.

IMG_5084.jpg

Oct 14, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #425 of 474
Just a quick DIY trick, if you struggle with too slippery Nozzles where the Tip just doesn't want to stay. (like on Supermoon)
I found tiny rubber bands at a dentist, where they are used to be applied on braces for slow pulling.
In my case, they fit perfectly around the inside of the tip. The tip has way better grip now. Please use this trick on your own risk. Maybe in some weird scenario the tip falls off, the rubber band detaches itself and stays in the ear channel. I happily use it like this and find the worst case scenario unlikely to happen.
And btw. I am a huge fan of Supermoon for classical music. Haven't heard anything better yet.

IMG_5084.jpg
Simple orings are easier to source :)

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #427 of 474
El nuebo superluna de la serie cromática lleva el mismo driver planar que el antiguo superluna pues es más economico
Wow those ARE Cheaper!

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #428 of 474
I just got a custom pair of Supermoons during the sale earlier this year and can't get enough of the pairing with a Sony WM1A and looking for a WM1Z now. The PRAT is on another level with excellent separation of instruments even with big band / Latin Jazz. So addictive......

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #429 of 474
Picked up a near new 2nd hand SM @ Tokyo recently, wow so much more texture, range, impact, 3D staging than my cheaper Chinese planars. Finally found the IEM that can give me what i've been longing for playing big symphony and choral pieces...

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #430 of 474
Picked up a near new 2nd hand SM @ Tokyo recently, wow so much more texture, range, impact, 3D staging than my cheaper Chinese planars. Finally found the IEM that can give me what i've been longing for playing big symphony and choral pieces...
It doesn't work with all genres, but it is simply the best IEM for classical music. Congratulations!

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #431 of 474
It doesn't work with all genres, but it is simply the best IEM for classical music. Congratulations!
thanks and yes... towards the end of my auditioning session with SM, i was still 50/50 on whether or not to buy it but somehow i stumbled upon the Star Wars Imperial March, Wiener Phil... this piece on SM literally changed my world and changed my wallet!!! later i went to audition other IEM with the same piece and none of them even 64 U12t, U18, Monarch Mk3 can give me the same tonality, instrument timbre, percussion impact and realistic staging SM has.....

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #434 of 474
I can match the tuning of this iem entirely for $235 bux. With the same driver. For shame Campfire. We all know exactly what is going on here.

I triple dog dare you to do it, or at least prove you could do it.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #435 of 474
Look, if you spent that much on the set, im happy you enjoy it. I'll pull ONE graph up which was almost 2 years ago.. ive gotten a lot better at tuning these.
AND this came out way before the supermoon.. I have suspicions but I dont care too much.
graph - 2024-02-19T173157.669.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back