Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Nov 8, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #271 of 480
So the audiophile fit will be too shallow and insecure for you?
I believe the audiophile fit would have been too shallow for me. The body of the CIEM itself follows the bends & contours of my ear well, but it doesn’t fit as securely as my other customs. I think this is really dependent on the manufacturer. Some will opt for a really tight & secure fit while others will offer a more relaxed fit, but many are willing to accommodate requests to suit your preference. Personally I’d like more secure fit, but of course this all comes down to preference.

Nov 13, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #272 of 480
Any comparison between Supermoon vs Turii Ti?

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #274 of 480
Anyone with fit issues? Just took delivery of my SM and am having some pressure-point pain in both ears. Both at the MMCX exit point, and deeper in my left ear, as well. I can tolerate the pain, for now, but it doesn’t seem right given the cost and their custom nature. I’ve contacted my dealer to see how it can be resolved, but I’m curious how other’s have dealt with this type of issue.

I was really hoping that custom would be the silver bullet for any fit issues. The universal samples felt great.

Nov 17, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #275 of 480
Anyone with fit issues? Just took delivery of my SM and am having some pressure-point pain in both ears. Both at the MMCX exit point, and deeper in my left ear, as well. I can tolerate the pain, for now, but it doesn’t seem right given the cost and their custom nature. I’ve contacted my dealer to see how it can be resolved, but I’m curious how other’s have dealt with this type of issue.

I was really hoping that custom would be the silver bullet for any fit issues. The universal samples felt great.
Did you get artist (deep fit) or audiophile (shallow fit)? I'm sure CFA will tweak your fit if you're not happy.

Nov 17, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #276 of 480

I've got universal model. It's fit perfectly.

Nov 17, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #280 of 480

Sounds like you need to send it back for an adjustment. Although CIEMs can fit “better” than universals for some, that doesn’t mean that it’s a 100% success the first time.

Worst case scenario is you need new ear impressions, as something may have gone wrong when they were made.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #283 of 480
any chance I can get the SuperMoon in universal? I have no access to an audiologist I'm thinking of getting a universal earmold to send to CA
There are already quite a bit in the classifieds.

Nov 18, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #284 of 480
I got a 3D scan, as I assumed it would be the better, faster, option. Unfortunately, it’s really difficult for me to take time off during normal business hours.
When did you get the scands done?

My 3D scans before just didn’t work well. I’m still trying to get some time to go get a traditional mold sometime soon.

Who was your dealer btw? Was it local?

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #285 of 480

Are these your first customs? First check the angle, try to slightly rotate to test the fit

That aside, might be imperfect impressions or imperfect manufacture. Would discuss with CFA about an adjustment. CFA may want photos with the hot spot circled and while at it you may want to check for any loose areas

Upload photos of the impressions and the finished CIEM if you want more forum input otherwise I would be going to CFA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back