Nov 2, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #857 of 1,221
CFA Day 5 Multiverse - https://campfireaudio.com/shop/onyx/
Onyx $229
It says hybrid design so I'm assuming 1DD+1BA
No mention of how many units available.

https://campfireaudio.com/

1635854024998.png

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #858 of 1,221
I also pulled the trigger on the Andromeda Golds this morning. Left the credit card a smoking ruin, but, it had to be done! Can't wait.
You’re absolutely right! I too can’t wait. It will be a fight for top spot in my iem collection. The current contenders are the Ara’s, JH Audio C-XO’s(10BA), JHA Rosie (8BA), JHA Jimi (7BA), and now the Gold-Ti’s with 7BA’s. I wanted to wait for the “King” to arrive but I knew I had to pull the trigger on the golds because of their great reputation. I also wonder what the update to the custom driver and Ti housing has to offer? I look forward to the impressions of any members who have heard OG Gold to compare to the Gold Ti. I just love this hobby!

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #859 of 1,221
You’re absolutely right! I too can’t wait. It will be a fight for top spot in my iem collection. The current contenders are the Ara’s, JH Audio C-XO’s(10BA), JHA Rosie (8BA), JHA Jimi (7BA), and now the Gold-Ti’s with 7BA’s. I wanted to wait for the “King” to arrive but I knew I had to pull the trigger on the golds because of their great reputation. I also wonder what the update to the custom driver and Ti housing has to offer? I look forward to the impressions of any members who have heard OG Gold to compare to the Gold Ti. I just love this hobby!

If budget was of no concern to me I would have copped the Golds in a heartbeat. I just sold a set for the second time but one of the Titanium sets would be the end all be all.

Looking forward to seeing if one of the last drops is the famed MW10.

Nov 2, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #862 of 1,221
I am very excited to receive them, now I need to figure which portable DAC to get for my iPhone and iPad!
You will find there is a multitude to choose from indeed. I am just grateful that CA iem’s scale well. So they sound great right out my phone and even better out of separate DAC/amp combos.

Nov 3, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #863 of 1,221
1635978438431.png

Don't try the link, I already did and it's currently down again :wink:

Nov 3, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #865 of 1,221
Nov 3, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #867 of 1,221

Attachments

• 1C68732E-81CC-4D68-B79C-5D8065A56582.jpeg
    1C68732E-81CC-4D68-B79C-5D8065A56582.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 3, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #868 of 1,221
Wow! So the Kings are sold out already huh?! I am genuinely happy for the lucky few who were able to snag a pair. I can't wait to hear the impressions of such a rare item.

I must admit that I am relieved that these remained in the same form factor as the originals. Otherwise I would be utterly devastated to not have had a chance at them. The shorter nozzle on this form factor is more difficult for me to properly maintain a seal. It was one of the reasons why I sold the first iteration of the Andromeda's I had purchased. The sound was intoxicating though and have always missed them. I still enjoy my Nova's and Orion's but they get limited ear time because of that shorter nozzle. I am confident that the Gold Ti's will fill that void.

If I could have afforded it the Night Sky 3D would have been a real treat! I enjoyed the Holocene's even tonality and would have loved to hear the new flavor with the NS3D.

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #869 of 1,221
Wow! So the Kings are sold out already huh?! I am genuinely happy for the lucky few who were able to snag a pair. I can't wait to hear the impressions of such a rare item.

I must admit that I am relieved that these remained in the same form factor as the originals. Otherwise I would be utterly devastated to not have had a chance at them. The shorter nozzle on this form factor is more difficult for me to properly maintain a seal. It was one of the reasons why I sold the first iteration of the Andromeda's I had purchased. The sound was intoxicating though and have always missed them. I still enjoy my Nova's and Orion's but they get limited ear time because of that shorter nozzle. I am confident that the Gold Ti's will fill that void.

If I could have afforded it the Night Sky 3D would have been a real treat! I enjoyed the Holocene's even tonality and would have loved to hear the new flavor with the NS3D.
There will always be more IEMs produced. Fear not.

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #870 of 1,221
I think it is a wonderful farewell to a couple of the best IEM's I've heard in the last decade. My fingers are crossed that this was a last chance for everyone to get these in their ears in their best forms before they are gone. The Q4, Gold, Solaris SE, and Andromeda Brass (being the most rare of all).. What a beautiful farewell. The best of the best. The Gold in an Ara shell - I really would have loved that if I didn't already own the Gold. I would have loved all of them because it would have been the infinity gauntlet of Campfire Audio's current crop. Let's see where the next phase goes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back