Campfire Audio New IEM release
Apr 29, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #886 of 1,221
They're just prototype demo shells. Campfire would never sell a universal made out of plastic at these prices.
Even so, they look like prototype shells and not the build quality you would expect from campfire... even from their plastic shells.

Part of me wonders though if the prices shown there are specifically just for the demo pieces and maybe they are banking on people wanting to own a rare campfire prototype IEM. Though are they even available for purchase at the show in their current form?

If those are expected prices of the final releases then I would hope they are truly exceptional or offer something truly unique. But they would still be priced (mostly) too high for my personal interest level.

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #888 of 1,221
Even so, they look like prototype shells and not the build quality you would expect from campfire... even from their plastic shells.

Part of me wonders though if the prices shown there are specifically just for the demo pieces and maybe they are banking on people wanting to own a rare campfire prototype IEM. Though are they even available for purchase at the show in their current form?

If those are expected prices of the final releases then I would hope they are truly exceptional or offer something truly unique. But they would still be priced (mostly) too high for my personal interest level.
Adaptation to todays “totl” price levels ..

Just getting ridiculous..

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #890 of 1,221
Where are these prices from? I don't see pricing on the website.
1651260474407.png

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #892 of 1,221
Adaptation to todays “totl” price levels ..

Just getting ridiculous..
Seems like it. Hard to justify some of the prices that are out there these days.

Except that there are very clearly plenty of people out there that are more than happy to pay these types of prices, and seem to get plenty of value from them (regardless of whether I agree about that value), so it would seem extra crazy for a company to not want to jump in and make money. Besides, I have a hunch that if they dont price them as high, people will immediately conclude that they cant possibly be as "good" as totl stuff.

Then again, those prices are not from the official campfire site (is that campfireaudio.jp site legit?) and still only references the prototypes. So I think its probably too soon to jump to any real conclusions. Especially since we dont even know what the final versions of these IEMs are actually going to be whenever they release.

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #893 of 1,221
Seems like it. Hard to justify some of the prices that are out there these days.

Except that there are very clearly plenty of people out there that are more than happy to pay these types of prices, and seem to get plenty of value from them (regardless of whether I agree about that value), so it would seem extra crazy for a company to not want to jump in and make money. Besides, I have a hunch that if they dont price them as high, people will immediately conclude that they cant possibly be as "good" as totl stuff.

Then again, those prices are not from the official campfire site (is that campfireaudio.jp site legit?) and still only references the prototypes. So I think its probably too soon to jump to any real conclusions. Especially since we dont even know what the final versions of these IEMs are actually going to be whenever they release.
I maintain that the Solaris easily competes with things double the price, or rather that $3000 IEMs are worth half as much in realistic terms. $1500 really does seem like the reasonable limit so these prices are a completely new realm of flagship for Campfire. Don't know if I should be excited or worried.

And yes, it's a legit site. You can see the actual demo units here along with the website on the posters. :arrow_down:

www.headpie.net/2022/04/fujiya-avic-headphone-festival-2942022.html

Apr 29, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #894 of 1,221
Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #895 of 1,221
At prices like these, these iem companies should at least have a pair of those bluetooth hooks included. If you pay upwards of $1000 (not to mention 2-4K) for it I think that should be standard.
Cables these days for me feel like for at home use. Just my two cents and something that bothers me knowing the price of iems these days.

That being said...Im super excited to get a chance to hear these new CFA iems

Apr 29, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #896 of 1,221
Good morning

I see some have posted the link to my site and my brief hollow show impressions. Thanks:

I might copy and paste the info in later

RE: prices. I will ask Campfire / but they dont look correct to me. Even if there was a price increase from other models the jump is quite far?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #897 of 1,221
Good morning. Just woke up. 7am or thereabouts..

Copy and pasted from Head pie.

Japan shows are quite quiet so one can have a fairly good listen.

But show listens are always short, shallow and fly by night.

So just take these impressions as a ballpark idea. A very broad stroke of the brush - but it gives a bit of an idea…

—————————————

…Onto Campfire Audio

A wide variety of shell shapes and different internals have proven the test of time.
Great people,
Products and excellent customer service

The new up and coming line up.

NOTE: the shells are beta test in black shells.
Final shells with be of other materials, colors and hues

FxhqJY3dynEaLcPFAIEVN8qcxcxlJgI-IwkrHmZTf0FWL2FbYwbQLCOHPeO_zfe2Jqo

cd4WFXR4_rNQ5xB3VW9kD6suDhNa9Hxbg5Bqz_IEEksLN1rkVHBgS5yHg1b92Kd2dQY

Shapes of things to come

6Raqli5xSdobAU0InParB4G4deVi9dQJ3u_9a3NYvOzhc5kPYpQOhQ9LAIQBCJd3cJc

3PH0qbafrv9Hq4dkTYWn2RSi2Gwpm_s_Ee9GN1ZOzyRNga4pxH72IvAEBJHhqMD9ZOI

I shall dub this beta unit the Square

All BAs

Very Campfire style sound
Andro like, even, great upper detail

May contain new tech

Final version probably anodized aluminum

AVYKRIs-qX16TdT4a6WfzViJbEzuFZ2WpL2s1CM1YP0b0Udg8Ws1U1oeG6SdVM8CMWo

VBmzfaxLvT18LUpmQ9nlKgKsxFbTFWj0keKC88GzQ2aGJThgHufPEVwoUZZzmfA7SLY

The Diamond

Planar and BA

Relaxed, space and air, spacious, good treble, sparkle.

SS shell

PdFMqYcTdWWDmZ1wFgcLy2RM6haIVZ9Ca8Q0hPYu7Ld-8tsiN39I7UfQqKEM1Q5e5iM

Z9_6VfCb07Yrud6Yk0CTu2y9K7JdVTEHwJX9K0WuVrfzyBNt6qx4FVxpnLoF01N7P1s

The Triangle

Powerful and dynamic, also laid back at the same time, good lower end, full.

Variety of shells (?)

Super Atlas/Vega?

Internals tba

EXgG8TmINh65GpTMaIvsxyn_enUB3j-9gL9fWwsEujHz-PhWz_ADBaibsdCR7gPcxUY

ZzGWczE4aXl9kaOk-BwmLB7m9E_FikMm3RBVwUvz8b5xLYBahFxtolOcGcowqhEVi6o

The Circle

Solaris successor? I think so

A hybrid.
Detailed,
Full, deep, wide, holographic.

A hybrid. Solaris on steroids?

Z267irmEL1LcKyMOegeGQqbpUv-2YF13vSlmaTkjxiSfVN0fJdENvFjTVnyqsDIm85k

K7ua6V7TfCeEPOMkpicVRRByeP0XD9ERk795pnqz-FN9ahrii9hIDFmzZb-jTfd_22Q

wPYqggHXT1RuXuuwu09VACv2ocykHvTH9i9lXfjGCcg2NybE7Cy99B6TQYu-Q7yJB28

nUybKC9PkZ8j_qkAZ7Vu4UZwj3a4SriNvVfKTLWisf2J0gAJ-vq9O6cVXCCEqYD2imM

Supermoon

A planar custom IEM

Even, controlled, dense, deep. Another winner.

3KlfYU95c8upmmmZ9zlP8ujEU0ChbqwnpvC8z7DNV6pi4ay3pizYjGvMRuc9QPGOKPQ

https://www.headpie.net/2022/04/fujiya-avic-headphone-festival-2942022.html?m=1

*photos are meh. Should taken pics of the shells on white paper like i did with supermoon…

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #899 of 1,221
Anymore impressions coming out of the show of the new Campfire IEM’s? Someone with some comparisons

The show was limited to 800 participants by pre registeration.
The day before we were emailed a QR code which we exchanged for a pass on the day of the show.

I dont know if all the passes were taken.

Of that number a very small number would probably write anything about it.

Japan is still closed to tourists and is hard to get into for new visa entrants also.

Many of the native English speaking/regularly writing audiophile enthusiasts that were around and attended shows have left Japan in the last five years or so.

So any further impressions are more likely to be found written in Japanese.

Maybe a Twitter search for ‘Fujiya avic’ or ‘Campfire audio’ etc might yield something which can be translated. (Thats what i often do to get more impressions on something from shows outside of Tokyo).

—————————————-

EDIT: a Twitter search for ‘Campfire Audio’ brings up some results. Maybe more later today.

*without particular model names yet the search is a bit limited.but maybe easier (i usually search after a show - andromeda, ibasso dx240, etc etc

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #900 of 1,221
92704600-7DBD-4993-94C5-D28C075805C2.jpeg42E20907-BE8C-4862-9DF5-B868BB89B4BF.jpeg

Only one result for ‘Campfire Audio’ on twitter from the show

Perhaps more later today??

* square is the model i thought was most towards an Andro type

*these photos also show the shape better than my terrible photos (and also my eyes saw- i may need glasses….) - the solaris backplate shape now looks so obvious in the pics - but i could not see it myself yesterday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back