Campfire Audio Multiverse
Nov 3, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #287 of 523
3.5/7 guesses

I had a strong start and finished weak.

Bit of semi lockdown fun anyways.

My favorites wouldnprobably be the Andro Gold Titanium

And the Onyx (hopefully go into a regular set of three staples Honeydew, Satsuma and Onyx).

Nov 3, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #288 of 523
Nov 3, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #290 of 523
'released at midnight UTC' instead of 'midnight in X time zone. maybe they are going to release more stock at the real nov 4th in their home oregon/PST time (given they pulled the links from the website) OR release some other special edition last minute thing :D. if they don't do anything that's pretty sad :frowning2:

other theory is they have released at midnight UTC the whole time, but they sold out too quickly and rather than make it look like they released it early, they will put the link back on around midnight PST and it will be already sold out

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #293 of 523
Sold out in merely a second LOL
Had one in my cart, but didn't make it:sob:
I got Onyx instead

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2021-11-04 11.28.06.png
    スクリーンショット 2021-11-04 11.28.06.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • スクリーンショット 2021-11-04 11.17.46.png
    スクリーンショット 2021-11-04 11.17.46.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 0
Nov 3, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #296 of 523
Anyone have an Ara they want to trade 😉 speaking of titanium.

That was wild sold out in 12 minutes flat. But isn't that final one just a flex aesthetically? It's still just an andro V1?

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #297 of 523
If you're interested in a set of Ara, I have a pair in mint condition that I'm willing to trade. Feel free to send me a PM.

Resistance is futile 🤣

I couldn't resist the Night Sky 3D so I decided to pull the trigger myself. My first blind purchase so here's to hoping the sound is different from their Holocene setup.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #298 of 523

That was wild sold out in 12 minutes flat. But isn't that final one just a flex aesthetically? It's still just an andro V1?
Apparently it's really only the brass housing and gold plated screws that make it unique, so it's pretty much a "basic" Andromeda V1 (in terms of sound) indeed.

Happy that I did not wait for this one and that I pulled the trigger on the Andromeda Gold TI, I have to say.

Still, I wonder how CA was able to screw up (in my view) with what was supposed to be the pinnacle of the multiverse series...

Suddenly (hours before the mentioned date) some intern pushes the wrong button and they become available for a few minutes (without warning), one person (at least) is even able to order them, and then they disappear completely again? They were meant to be only 6 units, but what, at the last minute they found 4 more units in a drawer somewhere (which is not detrimental to us clients of course - but still, it's one of the only few information that you are kind of expected to get right)...? :D

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #299 of 523
Apparently it's really only the brass housing and gold plated screws that make it unique, so it's pretty much a "basic" Andromeda V1 (in terms of sound) indeed.

Happy that I did not wait for this one and that I pulled the trigger on the Andromeda Gold TI, I have to say.

Still, I wonder how CA was able to screw up (in my view) with what was supposed to be the pinnacle of the multiverse series...

Suddenly (hours before the mentioned date) some intern pushes the wrong button and they become available for a few minutes (without warning), one person (at least) is even able to order them, and then they disappear completely again? They were meant to be only 6 units, but what, at the last minute they found 4 more units in a drawer somewhere (which is not detrimental to us clients of course - but still, it's one of the only few information that you are kind of expected to get right)...? :D

Those AG Ti are so sick. Honestly, having heard the V2 and V3 and owning the Gold's... not only do the Gold's look amazing (the Ti... are sexy as hell) but the 7BA no Xover and extra bass grip and extension is just the bees knees.

Idk what a U12T sounds like but the AG has got to be top 2 BA bass all time. It can also throw some staging around and still maintains more intimate vocals (where the Solaris SE makes it sound like you're in a larger room with a diffuse center image for a vocalist that's presented behind instruments).

The AG really is the tops for Andromeda.
[DISCLAIMER: I like bass. But still. IMHO The v1 tune Windex sparkle is a party trick and doesn't shine with all genres BUT was a revelation at debut]

PS: how would you compare the AG to the A2020? Since they gave it that low end bump and trimmed the treble vs the V3 (best Green beauty for my taste)

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #300 of 523
Being a blind purchase, I would expect them to give much better sound descriptions. It was not that difficult. We all know, more or less what is the Andromeda or Solaris sound signature.... But what about the Onyx?

They should have put a real frequency response graph. Explain what would be a similiar IEM and the differences. And, at least, explain what music genres are more suited for them (they already have it on a lot of their IEMS...)

Is the Onyx just a black Honeydew? i would think about them but the custom tariff from US to the EU, and the blind purchase, makes it difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back