Campfire Audio Lyra II, Dorado, Vega?
Oct 1, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #16 of 21
Click on the “Shop” tab. They are there for 699$

Yeah now I know you can still buy them. However, I have heard that campfire is not producing them any more.

the Dorado for example is already out of stock, but you can get an email notification when they restock. maaaaaaaaybe they are just focussing on procuding their new atlas and comet line, and produce some dorados if there are enough interested.

Back 2 topic:
anyone got any soundsignature comparisons between lyra II, vega and dorado?

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #17 of 21
I don't recommend the Lyra II - it's a pretty "meh" V-shaped IEM. At the Massdrop price ($399), it's okay I guess... but IMO the $599 discounted price is too much.
Polaris and Vega are both better if you're looking for a V-shaped IEM. Vega is much more impactful, while Polaris is something special with female vocals in particular.
I personally liked the Dorado when I last listened to it, but it's been a while now, so I don't remember how it sounded that well. I recall it being different from the other three in terms of sound signature, however.

Of the four, I'd say the best value is the Polaris (~$500 B-stock), and the best performing is the Vega (~$1100). I strongly preferred the fit of the Vega over the Atlas, which was big, heavy, and didn't stay in my ears.

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #18 of 21
I don't recommend the Lyra II - it's a pretty "meh" V-shaped IEM. At the Massdrop price ($399), it's okay I guess... but IMO the $599 discounted price is too much.
Polaris and Vega are both better if you're looking for a V-shaped IEM. Vega is much more impactful, while Polaris is something special with female vocals in particular.
I personally liked the Dorado when I last listened to it, but it's been a while now, so I don't remember how it sounded that well. I recall it being different from the other three in terms of sound signature, however.

Of the four, I'd say the best value is the Polaris (~$500 B-stock), and the best performing is the Vega (~$1100). I strongly preferred the fit of the Vega over the Atlas, which was big, heavy, and didn't stay in my ears.

Thanks for the impressions!

I would have bought Lyra II directly from Massdrop or 2nd Hand for even less. But on the other hand, I would like to only have one IEM, which I use everyday.
so it seems the Lyra II is just a compromise, but not worth it in the long term, okay :)

Atlas is not my type, I would like something around the ear, not straight down.
The Polaris seems very good, but I have kinda small ear canals, and even problems with a little bigger bores like on the 1more Triple or Quad, so im quiet unsure wether the Polaris would fit my ears.

so only Vega or Dorado are left over. :)
Thank you very much <3

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #19 of 21
Havent tried the Dorado, but compare vega with lyra ii, I would say the vega outperforms the lyra in every single aspect.

And I agree that Polaris has a much better cost/performance ratio than lyra ii. Sound wise, the atlas is basically an upgrade of the vega. But yeah, the fit is one of the worst iem I have ever tried

Oct 1, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #20 of 21
It looks like you're in the EU, so if you have like... $2k or so that you're eager to get rid of, the Equinox could be an option. Haven't heard it yet obviously, and I doubt I'll ever really get a chance to, but I'm guessing it's basically a properly-fitting Atlas?

Anyways, of all those (except Atlas), Vega wins if you're looking for powerful bass. I don't love the price/performance aspect of it, but I'd say that's pretty good for a long-term purchase. If you're not set on getting something from Campfire Audio, I'd also recommend taking a look at the Hyla CE-5.

Oct 1, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #21 of 21
2k is very above my budget. At best I wanted to only spend max600€, but if vega is the choice, I would save my money until I can afford the vega.

And yes, would like to keep it CA, since they have also an awesome build quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back