Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Dec 8, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #9,151 of 9,829
I love my 2020 despite it not having the sparkle. It makes the sound even more interesting for me, because the clarity and instrument separation remains superb. I can listen to the 2020 for hours without getting tired.

Dec 8, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #9,152 of 9,829
I love my 2020 despite it not having the sparkle. It makes the sound even more interesting for me, because the clarity and instrument separation remains superb. I can listen to the 2020 for hours without getting tired.

Did you own the pre-2020 version prior to the 2020?

Sold my v2 Andro a month ago and I miss it... The tuning with the treble sparkle was easily one of its most unique features.

Dec 8, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #9,153 of 9,829
I loved the 2020. I have no real experience with any other version of the Andromeda but the 2020 was utterly enchanting to listen to-- to my ears it bested heavyweights like the u12t and Anole VX in terms of overall listening satisfaction.

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #9,154 of 9,829
Did you own the pre-2020 version prior to the 2020?

Sold my v2 Andro a month ago and I miss it... The tuning with the treble sparkle was easily one of its most unique features.
While I did not own it, I listened extensively to the previous version. The sparkle was great and I maybe understand where you are coming from. I was considering getting the older version too, but I guess my wallet decided. Now I’m glad I got the 2020, I would have missed it if I didn’t.

Dec 9, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #9,155 of 9,829
I have a friend who lives in Japan and it looks like he'll be able to pick me up a used MW10 at a decent price and ship it to me...would really love to hear this version for myself.

Dec 9, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #9,156 of 9,829
I have a friend who lives in Japan and it looks like he'll be able to pick me up a used MW10 at a decent price and ship it to me...would really love to hear this version for myself.
Well well, look at mr I have connections over here! Actually kind of jealous. I have heard nothing but good things about the mw10. Still kind of wish it was a bit more widely available, but oh well.

Anyways, be interested to see what you think!

Dec 9, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #9,157 of 9,829
Well well, look at mr I have connections over here! Actually kind of jealous. I have heard nothing but good things about the mw10. Still kind of wish it was a bit more widely available, but oh well.

Anyways, be interested to see what you think!

Haha

I actually lived in Osaka for a year way back and still have a few friends there. I had the idea in my head that I could probably get someone to do this for me and the latest hype around this model compelled me to reach out and ask. Turns out it should be fairly easy. Perhaps we can do a loaner swap down the road using DHL or some equally reliable courier...I'd love to hear your Nio or Dorado 2020.

Dec 9, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #9,159 of 9,829

Nice :wink:

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #9,160 of 9,829

I've owned both the original and 2020 models in the last few months or so, I can say pretty confidently that the 2020 are so much nicer to listen to for extended periods of time, while the originals were quite fatiguing for me. The 2020s are honestly awesome, and I miss them!

Dec 11, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #9,161 of 9,829
Well I am now the proud owner of an Andromeda MW10. It's currently at e-earphone about to be shipped to my friend in Osaka, who will then courier it to me, but nonetheless, soon it will be in my hands. This is almost consolation for that fact that I'm going to be stuck by myself over the holidays.

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #9,162 of 9,829
Well I am now the proud owner of an Andromeda MW10. It's currently at e-earphone about to be shipped to my friend in Osaka, who will then courier it to me, but nonetheless, soon it will be in my hands. This is almost consolation for that fact that I'm going to be stuck by myself over the holidays.
Interesting.... I think you're going to be the first to have heard the Andro 2020 and the MW10 to give impressions! ... No pressure haha.

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #9,163 of 9,829
Interesting.... I think you're going to be the first to have heard the Andro 2020 and the MW10 to give impressions! ... No pressure haha.

Interestingly the MW10 has the same ceramic tuning chamber as my Solaris SE and it also seems to be something of a mid-point between the OG and 2020 models in that based on what I've read it seems to contain both the midrange magic of the 2020 and the treble profile/sparkle of the OG. It also happens to be my favorite of all Andros in terms of its color scheme, so win-win there. Admittedly I'm quite excited...almost like a kid at Christmas...only I'm buying my own presents lol

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #9,164 of 9,829
Interestingly the MW10 has the same ceramic tuning chamber as my Solaris SE and it also seems to be something of a mid-point between the OG and 2020 models. It also happens to be my favorite of all Andros in terms of its color scheme, so win-win there. Admittedly I'm quite excited...almost like a kid at Christmas...only I'm buying my own presents lol
You mean... you're trying to tell me that Santa doesn't make the presents and come down my chimney on the night of the 24th?!? 😲

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #9,165 of 9,829

Actually already heard this combo quite a few months back. Full impressions comparing each tuning posted somewhere in this thread :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back