Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 23, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #9,137 of 9,825
Shoot, I'm tempted to get a second one....

1606176255838.png

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #9,139 of 9,825
Nov 24, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #9,140 of 9,825
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 27, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #9,143 of 9,825
IMG_20201127_171045_888.jpg
IMG_20201127_171102_463.jpg
IMG_20201127_171222_521.jpg

Absolutely shocked (in a good way) a few tiny specs of paint off the finish is warranted enough for CA to label these B Stock. These are oddly also not numbered. Safe to say, I'm blown away by these so far.​

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #9,144 of 9,825
Just recieved b-stock Andro Gold yesteryday. Definitely brings the bass that the my Andro OG under perfoms at. Even more so is more forward engaging mids that display a satisfying fullness without feeling closed in.

Andro Gold has more bass/engagement than Solaris 2020 so far. Gold just displays this effortless smoothness with EA Cleopatra and WM1A. It's a relief not having to eq with this setup. If the gold can keep sounding consistently this good then it will overtake my Lyra II for overall favorite. That's quite an achievement given the Andro Gold is a BA iem and my usual preference for DD iems.

Dec 4, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #9,145 of 9,825
@Damz87 any impression updates?

Dec 5, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #9,146 of 9,825
Just recieved b-stock Andro Gold yesteryday. Definitely brings the bass that the my Andro OG under perfoms at. Even more so is more forward engaging mids that display a satisfying fullness without feeling closed in.

Andro Gold has more bass/engagement than Solaris 2020 so far. Gold just displays this effortless smoothness with EA Cleopatra and WM1A. It's a relief not having to eq with this setup. If the gold can keep sounding consistently this good then it will overtake my Lyra II for overall favorite. That's quite an achievement given the Andro Gold is a BA iem and my usual preference for DD iems.

Very interesting… so I have the Andro Gold and am looking at the Solaris 2020 — You're saying the move isn't worth it, correct?

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #9,147 of 9,825
@Damz87 any impression updates?
Well, I am still very much loving the MW10 :)

I think it’s one of the best tuned IEM’s I’ve heard in any price bracket

To me it sounds like a mild U-shape sound signature with a sub bass focused bass, detailed and clear sounding midrange with a slight upper midrange tilt, and an effortlessly extended sparkly treble with a mid to upper treble boost.

The technicalities are TOTL level. Detail retrieval is up there with the likes of U12t which is incredible for a 5 BA IEM. The soundstage is one of the most holographic that I’ve heard. Imaging is pinpoint accurate. It’s entire presentation is so engaging and musical but technical sounding too. Tastefully coloured :wink:

I am finding them very hard to put down once I’ve started listening. I think the MW10 will be staying in my collection for quite some time :)

Curious to hear a 2020 to compare. I think my local audio shop has opened for demo’s again so I’ll try and go down there one day and compare the two.

Dec 6, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #9,148 of 9,825
Very interesting… so I have the Andro Gold and am looking at the Solaris 2020 — You're saying the move isn't worth it, correct?

Gold just fits my sound preference more so far. Haven't had it long enough either. I just haven't found a pairing with Solaris 2020 that makes me want to stick with it. I'm sure others have had an opposite experience then me. Some of my trouble with Solaris 2020 is the fit is mediocre and just sticks out too much.

I bought the Andro Gold thinking that it was a stupid buy since I already have Andro. I'm quite surprised how much more comfortable it feels despite using the same tips. I'm curious how the crossover-less design affects the Gold? The imaging and soundstage is quite something. I'm still using WM1A(FE firmware) with EA Cleo.

Dec 8, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #9,149 of 9,825
Well, I am still very much loving the MW10 :)

I think it’s one of the best tuned IEM’s I’ve heard in any price bracket

To me it sounds like a mild U-shape sound signature with a sub bass focused bass, detailed and clear sounding midrange with a slight upper midrange tilt, and an effortlessly extended sparkly treble with a mid to upper treble boost.

The technicalities are TOTL level. Detail retrieval is up there with the likes of U12t which is incredible for a 5 BA IEM. The soundstage is one of the most holographic that I’ve heard. Imaging is pinpoint accurate. It’s entire presentation is so engaging and musical but technical sounding too. Tastefully coloured :wink:

I am finding them very hard to put down once I’ve started listening. I think the MW10 will be staying in my collection for quite some time :)

Curious to hear a 2020 to compare. I think my local audio shop has opened for demo’s again so I’ll try and go down there one day and compare the two.

Similar to my observations and I've heard quite a bit to date (check my Top 10 link).

The sub-bass has a lot of authority without bleeding or overshadowing the midrange, which as you mentioned, as an ever slight upper midrange tilt for a bit of zing. Typical Andromeda sparkle w/ the mid-treble boost. Soundstage not as wide as the OG, but definitely wider than the vast majority of IEMs I've heard. I think the most interesting aspect of it is the separation and imaging. I find the frequencies play very well with each other and are all present...which creates that "holographic" presentation.

2020 sound very different imo. Having owned one and listened to all the sound sig variants, I would say it's closer to more "balanced" OG v3. Less lower midrange bloat and a bit of pinna gain. However, it sounded a little too safe for my tastes and I actually prefer the v3's sound sig as they killed the "sparkle".

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #9,150 of 9,825
Similar to my observations and I've heard quite a bit to date (check my Top 10 link).

The sub-bass has a lot of authority without bleeding or overshadowing the midrange, which as you mentioned, as an ever slight upper midrange tilt for a bit of zing. Typical Andromeda sparkle w/ the mid-treble boost. Soundstage not as wide as the OG, but definitely wider than the vast majority of IEMs I've heard. I think the most interesting aspect of it is the separation and imaging. I find the frequencies play very well with each other and are all present...which creates that "holographic" presentation.

2020 sound very different imo. Having owned one and listened to all the sound sig variants, I would say it's closer to more "balanced" OG v3. Less lower midrange bloat and a bit of pinna gain. However, it sounded a little too safe for my tastes and I actually prefer the v3's sound sig as they killed the "sparkle".
Damn, It’s a shame they killed the sparkle on the 2020. That would be a dealbreaker for me. Still want to try it out though :D

So v3 is your 2nd favourite?

Listening to MW10 today 😍

C4D4CB09-B4A4-4D69-B1E7-048555659063.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back