Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 27, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #3,286 of 9,829
  anyone's andromeda has paint chips or paint wear?
I am getting the andromeda later this week, and I am afraid the paint may wear out with use.

Not here.  all good!

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #3,287 of 9,829
Nov 27, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #3,289 of 9,829
  anyone's andromeda has paint chips or paint wear?
I am getting the andromeda later this week, and I am afraid the paint may wear out with use.

I make sure the earpieces don't touch each other while in case now as they very quickly developed some small dings while using the supplied case.

I've seen some used CFA stuff, including Andros, with real bad paint chipping, so if you want to keep them looking new I would be pretty careful about how they are put in a case.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #3,290 of 9,829
This upgrade cable really makes the Andromeda pops~

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #3,291 of 9,829
I was using the Ref 8 balanced version with the Andromeda and Opus#1 today

48c45a180a3fc864d3da0c95f6a34355.jpg

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #3,295 of 9,829
HEy guys, I'm thinking about upgrading to the Ref8 cable for my Andromedas but I just saw Ken said that all Campfire Audio IEMs will now come with them. So does this mean if I buy an Orion for example I would get the Ref8 cable that I could swap out with my Andromeda stock cable. Cause the price would only be $50 more to do that and then I would get an Orion too which I already thought was a great value at $350. Maybe i am misinterpreting this though cause that seems to good to be true and I don't see why anyone would pay $299 for the cable if they could get an Orion with it for only $50 more.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #3,296 of 9,829
Oh, i still waiting for connectIT to bring them in, but so far still no eta yet, sianz:frowning2:

That's why i bought it during the sales.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #3,297 of 9,829
HEy guys, I'm thinking about upgrading to the Ref8 cable for my Andromedas but I just saw Ken said that all Campfire Audio IEMs will now come with them. So does this mean if I buy an Orion for example I would get the Ref8 cable that I could swap out with my Andromeda stock cable. Cause the price would only be $50 more to do that and then I would get an Orion too which I already thought was a great value at $350. Maybe i am misinterpreting this though cause that seems to good to be true and I don't see why anyone would pay $299 for the cable if they could get an Orion with it for only $50 more.

Not sure about that. From what i read is they are phasing out some cables but Litz and Ref8 will be retained.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #3,298 of 9,829

Do you have a link where he posted that?  I thought all CFA iems will come now with Litz SPC (the one which is standard with Andromeda, Vega, etc), not Ref8.  Ref8 is $300 cable.  Westone W80 comes standard with it.  It would makes sense to have Litz SPC with all Campfires, including those which had the previous tinsel wire cables.  But again, I didn't read his message, just assuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back