Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 22, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #1,621 of 9,829

My left ear have a slight different anatomy compare to my right canal. The dual flange, front flange keep getting flipped inside out. Which, makes me unable to use it.
Stock Silicone tips from CFA I can't get any seal at all.
redface.gif

Lol, I usually have a larger size silicone tip on my left shell than my right shell
etysmile.gif

I also use spinfits. I've heard people have mixed reviews on the effect they have on the sound quality but they simply seal the best and are the most comfortable.
I ALSO usually use the smallest size possible when it comes to tips but I find myself going up and up in size with this combo. Started with the SS, then the smalls....now have the mediums coming in the mail tomorrow to try.
I also ordered some spiral dots but have no idea how long the journey from China will be.

They do seal the best for me as well. With this one, I was glad I bought several sizes of Spinfits at one point several weeks earlier, up to the medium size which is what I currently have on my Novas.

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #1,628 of 9,829
I thought the Nova and the Andro already had the latest shell (Less sharps corner)? :blink:

Or did I miss read it?

I got my pre-ordered info from s'pore.
Cause Ken ball has explanation why they delay for another 4-6 weeks.

Very serious campfire audio lost how many profit to be repackaged again and even the screw to be replaced new design as well

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #1,629 of 9,829

Very serious campfire audio lost how many profit to be repackaged again and even the screw to be replaced new design as well

I would love to see the difference. Will they implement this redesigned shell for all their IEMs?

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #1,631 of 9,829
I'll wait the new cutting edge andromeda & nova coming soon.

No just they fine tuned the overall shell.

Can be said all rounded the sharper corner edge

Not really sure, cause at the beginning Ken has explained, if they wanna change the mold, would be very challenging, but after I'd read the info, so I am

Very appreciated, they really works

KB this correct? Is there actually a redesign underway?

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #1,632 of 9,829
Not really sure, cause at the beginning Ken has explained, if they wanna change the mold, would be very challenging, but after I'd read the info, so I am
Very appreciated, they really works

Kudos to CA people for excellent customer service. It's like getting a CIEM from them if they won't change the original design. I got my Nova a couple of days ago and had just a little ear soreness from the shells which I thought was because of pushing them too hard inside my ears. Longer nozzle tips solved the problem though.

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #1,634 of 9,829

Yep, kudos to their team. Actually takes in customer feedback!

Eager to see the new design, looking forwards toward it.
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #1,635 of 9,829

No way man. Not gonna do that. But would be interested in getting an impression to know how my anatomy looks like. At least..
rolleyes.gif

You should try one of those custom molded soft-silicone ear mold kits. I saw them on Amazon for like $5-10. They're called Radians ear molds or something like that. Basically, you take the materials in the package and stuff them in your ears, then let it set for like 10 minutes and you have custom earplugs. They can't be used for CIEMs cuz the silicone is soft, but you could see what your ears look like for cheap
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back