Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Jan 18, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #406 of 462
I think you will enjoy. Give them a little time. I find that the bass presents first. Give it some brain burn-in. After 25+ hours on them I am hearing a wide open sound stage with great detail in addition to the addictive bass tuning.
I have probably 20+ hours in on these and I really enjoy them. Currently using Whizzer SS20 Easytips after trying a bunch I had on hand. Using Qudelix-5K and either FLAC or Spotify sources. I find the Cascara fun to listen to, with good soundstage and present bass to my not-really-audiophile ears. Mixed it up on the genres but mostly rock/hard rock/metal/industrial. At the moment I don't think I need much more in an IEM than these.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #407 of 462
I have probably 20+ hours in on these and I really enjoy them. Currently using Whizzer SS20 Easytips after trying a bunch I had on hand. Using Qudelix-5K and either FLAC or Spotify sources. I find the Cascara fun to listen to, with good soundstage and present bass to my not-really-audiophile ears. Mixed it up on the genres but mostly rock/hard rock/metal/industrial. At the moment I don't think I need much more in an IEM than these.
Glad you like them. They continue to impress me. Full and fun but also with a wide stage, good layering, analog mid-range and a pitch-perfect treble to my ears. Nothing sounds quite like them, either. I have tried many single-DD sets. Many I have truly enjoyed but they lacked something. I feel the Cascara don't really "lack" anything.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #408 of 462
Glad you like them. They continue to impress me. Full and fun but also with a wide stage, good layering, analog mid-range and a pitch-perfect treble to my ears. Nothing sounds quite like them, either. I have tried many single-DD sets. Many I have truly enjoyed but they lacked something. I feel the Cascara don't really "lack" anything.
Love Cascara bass. My only reservation so far is the wild treble - it can be really wild, almost Trifecta wild with the wrong material. I'll publish graphs in my full review which shows excatly where the 'issues' are. Great IEM nonetheless, and a steal for $500.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #409 of 462
Love Cascara bass. My only reservation so far is the wild mids - and they can be really wild, almost Trifecta wild with the wrong material. I'll publish graphs in my full review which shows excatly where the 'issues' are. Great IEM nonetheless, and a steal for $500.
Interesting. Listening to rock and electronic I find the mids very satisfying. That being said, those are pretty much the genres I use them for, primarily because they are my out-and-about set and that's what I like to groove to on a walk or run. Jazz, instrumental, modern classical, ambient - those I do at home with the Ronins.

Jan 19, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #410 of 462
Interesting. Listening to rock and electronic I find the mids very satisfying. That being said, those are pretty much the genres I use them for, primarily because they are my out-and-about set and that's what I like to groove to on a walk or run. Jazz, instrumental, modern classical, ambient - those I do at home with the Ronins.
D'oh! Not sure how I wrote mids. I meant treble. Mids are fine. Fixed, sorry!

Jan 19, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #411 of 462
Love Cascara bass. My only reservation so far is the wild treble ... I'll publish graphs in my full review which shows excatly where the 'issues' are.
Would love to read your review and see a graph -- can you like to it when it available? I'm very curious about the Cascara.

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #412 of 462
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 19, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #413 of 462
1000019176.jpg

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #414 of 462
I ordered the Bonneville Custom. Frankly speaking, the effect of the CUSTOM version of this IEM is not high-quality, because the CUSTOM version has excessive low frequency and obvious overflow, which masks many details and the overall sound is relatively loose. , and the extension of the treble part is very average, so that it sounds dull and dim, so if you are interested in this headset, I will not recommend you to buy the CUSTOM version.

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #415 of 462
I ordered the Bonneville Custom. Frankly speaking, the effect of the CUSTOM version of this IEM is not high-quality, because the CUSTOM version has excessive low frequency and obvious overflow, which masks many details and the overall sound is relatively loose. , and the extension of the treble part is very average, so that it sounds dull and dim, so if you are interested in this headset, I will not recommend you to buy the CUSTOM version.

Hi @autumnlaketime, very sorry for the trouble here! Please reach out to us directly at support@campfireaudio.com, we're happy to help here and ensure you have a product you are happy with.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 6, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #416 of 462
I haven’t found any graphs for the Cascara…does anyone know how it compares to the Supermoon?

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #417 of 462
Any cable suggestion for Bonneville? $200-$300 range. Just ordered Bonneville and they will arrive on Friday.

I’ve been using Dorado 2020 for the last 2-3 years. But mainly using it with my dj mixer. Hopefully Bonneville will now share this duty long term.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #418 of 462
Any cable suggestion for Bonneville? $200-$300 range. Just ordered Bonneville and they will arrive on Friday.

I’ve been using Dorado 2020 for the last 2-3 years. But mainly using it with my dj mixer. Hopefully Bonneville will now share this duty long term.
@doctorjuggles "impi" cable is no imp, but actually the best cable for Bonneville, IMHO.

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #420 of 462
Any black star vs bonneville comparisons vs Monarch III? I think I've narrowed it down to these three

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back